Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Various Forum Changes / Updates / Additions

You mean you can't post multiple CODE tags? You seem have managed to in your example above without any issues.

If the beta isn't over by the end of the year, would (2014) be more appropriate?

I don't know when it will end, this is just a hypothetical question.

Yeah I guess it will become C&C 2014. But for now just going by how they have it on the official C&C forums.

Tweaked some of the fonts here on the forums so they match up and fit in with new design on the main site. If you don't see the changes hit CTRL + F5 to re-cache the page.

Edit: I have fixed the issues from my free-to-play list of games thread earlier. Forget about this post.

Edited by zocom7

I thought long and hard about this, and many of you probably won't like it. The Reputation System has been changed to the more "modern" like system. (Positive rep only, visible names). From now on you will see this on posts that are not your own , If you have "liked" a post it will display something like this . As you can see you also "Unlike" a post. Like before, you can't "like" your own posts. Nothing else has changed, everyone still has the same number of reputation points, but now they are called "Likes" of course.

For this, you'll get a -1... oh, right. :)

:mad:

For someone who claims to hate Facebook, you certainly are embracing the disease.

Well that was another reason for the change. In the past I've seen instances where people were down voting the person because they didn't like the poster rather than the post it self. The "like" system eliminates that problem. If you like the post, you click the "like" button. If you don't like it.... well you do nothing. If for some reason later on you decide you don't like it you click "Unlike".

Some infrequent abuse of the system does not justify sugarcoating everything. That's the same cesspool political correctness crawls from.

Guest Corset

I've gotta agree with Nmenth here. We've discussed this in the past in different threads, and if I remember correctly, most people would rather have a voting system involving arrows and numbers, and on top of that, more people would rather have no system at all rather than succumb to "liking" things.

The previous system was better, because it would just show a number next to a post. If you really needed to know who it was who voted, you'd just click it. I feel it's unnecessary (and tacky) to make it say "XXXX Likes this" because frankly, to me that implies more than an arrow.

If I vote someone's comment up or down, it's not always because I like or dislike it, it's because I think it makes a good point, or adds to a discussion, or something like that. I'll vote people up with different opinions than mine in a rare debate thread just because they've made a good point, not because I like what they said.

And frankly, like Nmenth said, this is way too reminiscent of facebook. I'd rather just have arrows. Maybe you could make them fancy and CNCNZ related, or C&C related, or something, but "Like" just doesn't feel right.

In the past I've seen instances where people were down voting the person because they didn't like the poster rather than the post it self.

Any time this would happen, I would reset the particular downvotes and give a warning to the user doing it, like any other infraction here. And I don't think that has happened recently.

Fine, changed it back. you guys simply don't anything that changes... don't really give a **** in the long run. Can't remember when I actually bothered to look the rep points or actually vote on a post anyway. Except in a test on one of Fobby's posts though.

Looks like I missed out on the changes - but glad.

IMO feedback should always swing both ways - or it's worthless.

Have a facebook like for you change of mind...

:thumbsup:

(tee hee)

RIP member map.

Barely anyone used it, anyway :P

Added icons for Renegade X and The Ultimate Collection to the Favourite C&C profile field.

renx.pngult.png

Also, BBCode for the Shoutbox has been disabled.

Why would collections be added to that? That's a cop-out -_-

TFD was already there for years, so...

But I doubt many people will put TUC as their favourite :haha:

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Why would collections be added to that? That's a cop-out -_-

See Plokite_Wolf's post, there's your answer ;)

No, that just adds the question "why was TFD ever in there"?

Heck, you can add the Command & Conquer: Assault Pack, Command & Conquer: Worldwide Warfare, Tiberian Sun: Firepower, RA2: Red Strike, The Command & Conquer Collection, The Command & Conquer Combat Pack, Generals: Deluxe Edition, Command and Conquer Saga, and hey, why not the most retarded collection ever released: Red Alert: The Arsenal :P

("The Arsenal" = Red Alert 1 + The Aftermath. Without Counterstrike -_-)

I guess the TFD and TUC can be thought of as more significant releases than the others you listed.