mormreed

Windows 7

I dont like it, probably because half my drivers werent included. half my keys dont work

I just hope all of the manufacturers of my current hardware, which is only a month old, release Win7 drivers. They all have Vista drivers so I think chances are good for that.

its mainly things like the unique features of my laptop

I put it on a VMware server and it's not too bad; not going to upgrade, but if it comes with a computer then that's fine with me.

I read that Vista drivers work with Win7.

i think they do too, but i have to search through and get all the drivers i need from HPs site

Edited by Julbri

Well that is good to know. So at least when I get Windows 7, everything should work fine... I say should, because I know better. :)

So on another note, where is DirectX 11 then? :P

So I grabbed a beta key today, but they won't let me download it... So anyone got any torrent links?

Dunno, I got mine at a HP advertising booth when I went to see Top Gear Live.

You stole it from the pile while they werent looking !! i can't really they thats bad though because i did it too

decided to do a firefox google search on jeff...

first reasult gave this thread.

Hi, I’m Cody, and I’m actually a member of this Internet Explorer Outreach Team you’re asking about. Although we may have robotic-like consistency, we certainly aren’t robots. We simply try to keep our messages as consistent and reliable as possible, to help assure users that we aren’t part of any kind of upcoming malware attack or scam (which we aren’t).

We are working as a Microsoft-endorsed branch of the Internet Explorer Team (although we aren’t on the tech developer side of things) to try and help answer questions or concerns that folks might have about Internet Explorer.

You’re right: sometimes, we do link to sites other than official Microsoft ones, as there are sometimes resources on third-party sites that we think are useful, helpful, or at least informative for Internet Explorer users. We never send users to sites that could be potentially dangerous, or advise them to do anything that could cause their systems harm.

Basically, we’re here to help, and we want to join in on the Internet Explorer discussion that is happening around the web. However, we don’t want to be mindless random robots that do nothing but drop links in comment threads all day: we always try to add value to the conversation or at least point users towards resources we think they’ll find useful.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions, please let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know.

Thanks,

Cody

Internet Explorer Outreach Team

To which the forum regulars responded...

...their where no major details to give apart from that my question on this team was looked into quickly and the answer was that this Outreach Team was legit and known to the Windows Client and IT Pro teams, however no mention of the Internet Explorer team was mentioned, so makes me no wonder if their are various factions within this team with various areas to cover like the forthcoming release of IE8 for the messege you quoted above and in the one here the Windows 7 release.

Lack of a web presence suprised me too, even a blog on LIVE like many of the various teams woudl be advantagious.

I totally agree with you on your comment on "hit and run" exactly my comment to my Leads on this and the lack of follow up replies, my feelings are that this tactic and this group could cause and no seemingly have caused a fair bit of bad will on forums and blogs when really they should have been up front and contacted admins of said sites first, before jumping in, as this will not help the positive sides of say a Windows 7 release.

and

I agree with the above poster about the amateurish nature of this 'outreach team'. Here's a quote from what one of our admins said:

"Anyway, I think the way they should go about this is to introduce themselves and let us know what their intentions are first."

These folks are wasting a lot of people's time trying to figure them out. They sure aren't garnering any respect, at least from our staff and losing a lot of good will in the process.

Our site is not on the same level as majorgeeks, but the effect is the same.

I was soo sure it was a bot

I thought he was but hes not

A friend of mine has Windows 7, I used it a bit the other day, it looks pretty swish. Looks like Vista, but isn't as shallow as Vista. ^_^

Oh and Jeff is still a bot, he has to post a picture of himself with CNCNZ rules on it, before I believe him. :P hahahaa

I could send ya a copy luk3us

It seems I need to do a bit of explaining myself to CNCNZ. I can understand where many of you are coming from, so give me a chance to do so.

I am not a bot, but rather an actual person. The same goes for Cody on the IE Team. The IE Outreach Team and Windows Outreach Team are both set up by Microsoft to help proactively engage with people who are discussing Windows or IE and may have questions or need some guidance. If you see us in a forum, feel free to ask us a question about Windows/IE and we will do our best to answer it, and if we can’t answer it we can probably point you in the right direction. We do our best to add value to the conversation where we can, but if you feel that we are not, just let us know. I feel my suggestions about installing/dual booting Win7 and info about DirectX11 earlier in this thread were helpful, but again if you feel they were not let me know. The only way the IE/Win7 Team can improve our ways is if we know what those in the communities we participate in have to say.

Here is my Windows Live QnA profile for those who want further documentation of my credibility: http://qna.live.com/ShowUser.aspx?uid=F784...128E0A79B656AEB

I hope this clears up some confusion.

Best,

Jeff

Windows Outreach Team

Well there you go. Thank you Jeff.

He still needs an avatar and sig...