Sonic

Scanned Screen Shots from PC Jeux

Around 8 new screen shots scanned from the French gaming magazine, PC Jeux, have found their way on to the internet. You can look at them all below.

Low Quality scans deleted. Replaced with High Quality screen shots - See here http://www.cncnz.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=63

We have also found this following list of new information. Translated from the magazine, courtesy of our friends at CNC Saga.

• Kane contacts GDI after all hope is lost due to the Tiberium contamination, forming the "Tiberium network control", which allows to control Tiberium spread, as well as turn it into an inexpensive power source but of course, the extremists of both parties don't agree with this shift, sparking a new war
  • FMVs won't consist of much asinine babbling in front of blue screens, there should be much more action ahead
  • Our character will play an important role in the story, but FMVs remain 1st person
  • Much more mature and stern tone
  • Crawler produces all our units, and is upgradeable as our standard units are
  • Lost crawlers are instantly replaced, and you can choose between offensive, defensive or engineer classes
  • Tiberium will be collected by refineries you erect yourself at predetermined spots
  • All SP and MP matches will net you experience points to unlock new tech
  • Oil derricks as secondary income (Unconfirmed!)
So some interesting screen shots and information there that is sure to be analyzed until the next batch comes our way. Many thanks to goes to C&C fan, Coasterwars, for providing the scans.

Hey Sonic, will it be better if you could bring forward all the posts from that thread to here?

If I move posts from the other thread to this one they will be ahead of the news post above and in turn mess up the main page on the site.

Alright then. ;)

Anyways, Luk3us mentioned this:

I always thought the Snow mobile was ****ing ugly. But this new "scropion" tank is even worse. Pah

Well, personally I thought the new model of the scorpion tanks look better than the C&C3 ones. Never a big fan of the C&C3 Scorpions, especially the weird placing of the tri-threads, make it look weird. I was hoping the claws would mimic the KW artillery's idea to deploy for stability, in which the mobile Obelisk could be erected and "overclocked" for better firepower or arc of fire as seen in C&C3's obelisk defenses.

Edited by Malevolence

So... in short this game is turning out to be Command and Conquer 4: Dawn of war 2?

I mean, no base building, "Offense, defense, and support" classes (like the commanders in DoW2), Tiberium refineries have to be made at certain points on the map (Capture points like the power plants in DoW2)....

Well, It "REALLY" pains me to say this... but I am not buying C&C4, they've actually messed up the HARDEST things to mess up.....

There is almost nothing they could do that would cause me to pull out of the series at this point, but from all that we've seen so far, it looks like they are really taking a sledge hammer to the game. Are they trying to snub the long-time fans?

i love that in one of the screenshots the caption says 'new technologies' and there's a titan, hover mlrs, flame tank, what looks to be a specter and mkII right there...

i dont really mind no bases and it looking almosr exactly like TW3 but this.. this is.. the least they could do is come up with some new units :(

maybe it will look better as it approaches release date.

You know the funny joke? The biggest joke of all time among fanboys: "I will NOT buy this game!" threats. If you are not buying it, then, you shouldn't give a crack about the development of the game, just... stay away, it won't hurt. But nooooo, you come all the way to these forums and other gaming sites and start these threats, seriously, if I were one of the developers I would just ignore you, *waving finger* and that little "request" of yours.

Point is... Just reply nicely, folks, you may get what you want if you stop these ridiculous threats.

Edited by Malevolence

You know the funny joke? The biggest joke of all time among fanboys: "I will NOT buy this game!" threats. If you are not buying it, then, you shouldn't give a crack about the development of the game, just... stay away, it won't hurt. But nooooo, you come all the way to these forums and other gaming sites and start these threats, seriously, if I were one of the developers I would just ignore you, *waving finger* and that little "request" of yours.

Point is... Just reply nicely, folks.

point is.... How many times have I EVER stated something like that, this is actually my first time EVER saying that, especially concerning a C&C game.

I just can't understand how they mess up the most simple of things. Harvesting Tiberium should have been THE safest game mechanic in the entire series, hell, it should have been safer then building bases (even though thats out too...)

Oh my god this is awful. Pre-defined Refinery locations? Crawlers instantly replaced? What the heck man?! What's the point of killing an enemy crawler if it is INSTANTLY replaced?? Don't say gaining massive xp from a large unit kill. You can take your xp and shove it. I could not possibly care any less about xp than I do right now without going below absolute zero.

You know what Malevolance? You want to know why I give a crack? Because I wanted to like this game. I had truly hoped beyond all hopes that it would turn out to be something I could enjoy. I care about good fiction and storytelling about the human condition and struggling for survival. But no, every piece of information is adding to my disappointment. Nothing short of a massive overhaul of the gameplay could interest me enough to buy the game at this point.

Oh my god this is awful. Pre-defined Refinery locations? Crawlers instantly replaced? What the heck man?! What's the point of killing an enemy crawler if it is INSTANTLY replaced?? Don't say gaining massive xp from a large unit kill. You can take your xp and shove it. I could not possibly care any less about xp than I do right now without going below absolute zero.

You know what Malevolance? You want to know why I give a crack? Because I wanted to like this game. I had truly hoped beyond all hopes that it would turn out to be something I could enjoy. I care about good fiction and storytelling about the human condition and struggling for survival. But no, every piece of information is adding to my disappointment. Nothing short of a massive overhaul of the gameplay could interest me enough to buy the game at this point.

you definetly put it better then me Mighty BOB! lol

But do we have to resort to this "I am not buying this game" threat to the developers all the time? I mean, c'mon, I'm sure all of us are mature folks and not some barbaric whiny little brats. You guys could suggest it nicely. Instead of moaning over the problems, come out with suggestions or alternatives, compile these ideas up neatly, send it over to the developers in a copy or two (no spamming please or they'll probably ignore it), or flash it around on various fansites such as here, APOC or some dev would pick it up and discuss in their drawing board or something. Isn't that better?

We tried that already and got a fat load of nothing. They're not changing the design because we don't like it. They're just as stubborn as we are.

And I'm not "threatening" them. I'm not trying to influence them by saying if they keep the game this way that I wont buy it. I'm just saying I won't buy it.

i am socked! in all those new screenshots there was not a single tiberium Crystal!!!!!!!! what the heck is going on here!?

did this fantastic Kane's Device did a majic and remove the tiberium from the surface!? and now we need RA3 style refinaries? if i dont play i dont know but hell it look like a LOT Ground Control 2 and DoW 2 and those game are really boring to me..... i really hope it has a good gameplay...:(

also did you notice the new UI? now a CnC has a BottomLike interface and seems a little confusing....

because we will have the updated ra3 RNA engine, does this mean we can have and fantastic water units in gorgious seas?

about the info personally i am 50% happy 50% unhappy. but screenshots are nothing we need to play this game and feel how those toys work.

still thank you for the great find.

p.s plz stop this useless dialogs with i buy and i dont buy. or make a new thread to talk about it.

p.s2 4 days more untill the 24-7......damn those days are passing really slow....... :P

p.s 3 thats how i was imaging CnC4 Yellow, Blue and Red Zone maps

gt_ss02.jpg

vot_ss01.jpg

ts_ss02.jpg

a small paradise in the middle of chaos :)

bh2_ss01.jpg

oh great base buildings.......damn i will miss them :(

foi_ss02.jpg

Edited by Johnnyxp64

No no no no no, you got to be sh*tt*ng me! BOTTOM BAR ALERT! What kind of C&C is this?! Are you trying to combine the elements of Generals in it?! EA, you're happy but we're NOT!

Moreover, when I was at the Den, there are many users not satisfied of what C&C4 is coming right up. And even worse when Lion translated a French sentence "EA promises better quality of the FMVs for the campaigns and more action.", are you really sure, EA, don't lie at us, RA3 didn't promise everything, your seriousness didn't step up enough. And I have more concern on the CGI which many does not care, come on, build a CGI room of your own so you can stop the outsourcing already! WE NEED MORE CGI! To do that, STOP THE BRING IN of the celebrities already!!

They killed the sidebar? This is getting from bad to worse.

Nod units looks like toys! They really don't giving up from their crappy "artistic" design direction.

GDI units looks OK and I'm glad to see more TS era (upgraded) units. But as I thought, EALA bringing more of TS era units to soften fans because they are introducing this "new" (DOW2-like) gameplay mechanic.

I'm complaining because I planed to buy C&C4, and that's why I care.

nice Malevolence thank you.

and i agree CGI is Better! but we have to admit that the Ra3 CGI was really Good we just need more of those in a Tiberium Universe! i dont care so much for the boring chat rooms, i want CGI more and less actors, i like actors bad less and not over reacting! (you know who i am talking about :P )

is it me or if we compaire my above screenshots of CnC KW maps those maps look better than CnC 4 so far? and i am not talking about resolution quality! i am talking about map design and atmosphere! :rolleyes:

and dont complain about the models, maybe the 3D models we see its not the final one....hope so.....

Edited by Johnnyxp64

True, mirza, just as I feared and thought, EA really take the franchise lightly when they told us they love the franchise, but I don't see the real 100% love. Sonic, if you disagree of what I said, I think you better ask yourself, is that true that EA really love the franchise, or is it the so called "love" they said to you? You can see it's a lie if you don't see that coming.

No no no no no, you got to be sh*tt*ng me! BOTTOM BAR ALERT! What kind of C&C is this?! Are you trying to combine the elements of Generals in it?! EA, you're happy but we're NOT!

Second that! I've made a comment about it here and came up with a suggestion, not too sure if i'm late for that.

I sure hope so, bo. It's best that EA set the option for it, remember the classic C&C left-click option which they put it in C&C3? They used to not having it in the C&C3 demo until the game finally released.

Johnny, during the Westwood days, the CGI were tons of it because they have their own CGI room. EALA doesn't have one, that's why they're outsourcing them, not to mention have to render them in HD, that's why the expenses are so great, in the end, the CGIs were so little when already wasted over tons of celebrities. General Hask should stay to act instead of Robert Bingham though.

As for the RA3 CGIs, it is good, but unfortunately, what do people don't realize is that tons of them are wasted over the 1st Allied mission. And the HM3 intro was recycled for the 1st Soviet mission. Before RA3 was released, I was expecting tons of CGI like Westwood did when EA show their trailers to us, but when RA3 released, it is far less than before. A BAD MISTAKE!

Edited by Silverthorn

Second that! I've made a comment about it here and came up with a suggestion, not too sure if i'm late for that.

your drag meny bar in order to work and be a totally different layer from the game and free moving arround, need a hell lot of work and i dont think they are gona do that, your ideas as idea is nice.

Silverthorn i agree with you, i also miss those damn tons of CGI westwood studio used to have, they even had different cgi for every mission endings some times! i remember my self playing cnc1 and red alert wining the mission watch the cgi and then replay it and lose just to see the losing alternative cgi!

yeah thay spent tons of money in Holiwood celebrities when they could spend the half of it or less make their own CGI studio hire 4-6 3D animators and go crazy!

but i know 1 think for sure, even though EALA as a Team wants lots of those to be done the "right way" EA bosses and managers have a different idea!

i dont get it, cant they just take Blizzard as a model and try to be like them? they have living proof that the "Blizzard" managment way is going great and the Game Develeopment way is giving them a Ton of money, EA wants money, why they dont invest some now make this team HUGE and release great games?

are they blind? dont get them, its really really a shame when people-companies have money and they dont really know how to invest them and multiplay them! all they know to do is merge and buy competition. better to have 2 studios and make kick ass game rather 10 studios and make trush games! in the end you will loose lots of money,

and then developers are getting fired after few years cause those companies blame them for not salling lots of units!

they give you 3 thinks build 3.000.000 out of it and sell it 30.000.000.000. those are stupid managment desitions, just stupid!

i wish i had few million euros and buy the entire EALA team make it 3 times bigger and strong, take 2-3 years for a game to be released and then you could see how game are supposed to be made.(i know than cause i am a Software Engineer too and my last comany that i was working had the same ideas and bankcrupted)

Edited by Sonic

This bottom bar design reminds me: similar design has C&C3 Incursion sidebar. I like how they designed bottom bar, but I would be more like it if it is SIDEBAR (remember EALA, C&C classic UI, if you decided to change gameplay, there is no need to change other classic elements) and there is more...

For one tiberium devasted planet, on these scans I failed to see any sign of tiberium (oh, there is one small crater with tiberium, looks very threatening and dangerous :) )

If I'm on EALA devs place, and I want to soften fans, beside bringing tons of TS era units, I would bring tiberium seeded on every corner of the map (even if it's not harvestable, and with possibility of tiberian pods), tiberium in all sizes, shapes, colors (blue, green, spikes, chasms, liquid, classic tiberium and probably some new froms) and tiberian flora and fauna (maybe even worse mutated vegetation with more tiberian lifeforms).

Edited by mirza044

yeah thay spent tons of money in Holiwood celebrities when they could spend the half of it or less make their own CGI studio hire 4-6 3D animators and go crazy!

but i know 1 think for sure, even though EALA as a Team wants lots of those to be done the "right way" EA bosses and managers have a different idea!

i dont get it, cant they just take Blizzard as a model and try to be like them? they have living proof that the "Blizzard" managment way is going great and the Game Develeopment way is giving them a Ton of money, EA wants money, why they dont invest some now make this team HUGE and release great games?

are they blind? dont get them, its really really a shame when people-companies have money and they dont really know how to invest them and multiplay them! all they know to do is merge and buy competition. better to have 2 studios and make kick ass game rather 10 studios and make trush games! in the end you will loose lots of money,

For the sidebar part, I wish the dev team can do the best of both worlds, but if they retain the use of the bottom bar (I got the feeling they love the bottom bar, thus exposing their true colors of having very little love of the C&C franchise). When the game releases with the bottom bar in use, I'm pretty sure that the flame will rise similar to Generals, except less intense.

For the CGI, yes, I know the dev team may have a problem of trying to accept our demands, especially when their bosses are in control. We want CGI, but if the boss says no, we're insulted back in the face.

For the money part, it is sad that EA is getting more stingy than ever before. When I opened the Special Edition thread, I mentioned that EA is a big & rich company but they spend so little while their smaller company competitors spend A LOT. For the CGI part, I'm worried that they might continue to keep on using Hollywood celebrities for the FMV, thus keep on draining the budget and reduce the number of CGI videos. :( Many people may praise EA for using celebrities, but we the C&C community will bring EA's downfall for disobeying us, non-C&C fans think EA uses celebrities and they vote the company 5 Stars? We will be there to reduce the ratings down to 3 Stars or below, after all, they merged Westwood AND they should follow Westwood's footsteps. We the C&C communities are really serious than other gaming communities.

When i first saw C&C4...i was stunned and loved by the way units now looked.

GDI with their mechs..The skyships.it just says=Powerhouse.The way GDI always was

Nod.The way the units look, really liked it.

Fantastic

but this....

Everything i loved bout C&C is gone. Base building, sidebar...

Levelling?XP?What is this?An MMORTSRPG?

They have all the potential and options to make one epic conclusion, this whole story idea bout Kane really intrests me, but the Whole Crawler is just a pain in the ass. If this crawler thing was like an extra gamemode with extra content, then sure it would be awesome.But to see everything being eliminated of the C&C formula?And the graphics and such, the landscape, this looks like Starcraft or something.

I will be buying this..but i really REALLY hope EA change their minds.99% chance they wont.

Vaarwel good old C&C times

Edited by ORCaLoVeR