Sonic

C&C 4 Name the Game Contest

For the first time in the history of Command & Conquer, the fans will pick the subtitle name for C&C 4 in the Command & Conquer 4 - Name the Game Contest. All you have to do is submit your suggestion for the name based on creativity, originality and relativity to the Command & Conquer 4 story.

cc4_name.jpg

The grand prize winner will become part of history as their winning name will be used plus an entry into the C&C 4 beta test will granted. Click here to learn more about the Command & Conquer 4 - Name the Game Contest.

I wonder when will the rules link and the FAQ link be updated.

What happens if a whole lot of folks name the same thing?

Then it wouldn't fit the originality criteria...

Though, I wonder, how are fans supposed to give the game a suitable name without being in on the storyline and such?

you will have to guess a little bit we know enough to name it already, and i submitted mine. ;)

the question about if more than one person gave the exact same name and thats the one they liked it, probably its who submitted first,

but its a top ten so lots of people will win. i just wish they would offer and 10 free game besides an early beta.

good-luck to everyone.

I wonder when will the rules link and the FAQ link be updated.

That can happen, Mal, a lot of us will demand "Tiberian Twilight" including myself, if the 1st place winner's name gets the win of a different title other than "Tiberian Twilight", Tiberian Twilight fans will put their many fingers on that winner!

What are we going to expect, "Tiberian Moon" or "Tiberian Eclipse"?

Lastly, I voted Tiberian Twilight, I don't need to win any goodies, but as long as Tiberian Twilight is in use, then I'm sure me & the others who love the Tiberian Twilight name will be happy.

Edited by Silverthorn

those are mine(copyrighted) :P :

Tiberium Storm

Dark Alliance

Tiberian Rise

i am gona be in the beta anyway (and in the credits again :) ) but the coolest will be to become a godfather of CnC 4 B)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I think it may need some adjustments, here's what I'm thinking for you :

1. Tiberian Storm (NOT Tiberium, Tiberium is a noun!)

2. Unholy Alliance

3. Tiberian Rising (Tiberium Rising could also be another, but Tiberian is always the much better word to use)

I think it may need some adjustments, here's what I'm thinking for you :

1. Tiberian Storm (NOT Tiberium, Tiberium is a noun!)

2. Unholy Alliance

3. Tiberian Rising (Tiberium Rising could also be another, but Tiberian is always the much better word to use)

i thought of unholy alliance but the holy and unholy is taken from other games i dont remember now what, but i feel i have seen them a lot around.

i dont want to see what i saw with Kane's Wrath that was announce the same time with Wrath ot the Lich King, and those 2 were using the same word as subtitle.

what the hell i thought are they having the same manager Blizzard and EALA and he gave all a "Wrath" for expansion?

i dont want to see that repeated again.

Dark is sort and Stronger, sounds better in my ears, its rememable and catchy, its a form of Allience, BUT we dont know if its holy or unholy so DARK is more like Mystery and will not reveal the story... also makes a good acronim, CNC DA cause Tiberian or Tiberium Storm is CnC TS, reminds of Tiberian "S"un, but the STORM is short again and very strong name to use connected with the extream violence of a Tiberian Storm (as we saw in the trailer) and that the Tiberium is so powerful and deadly now....something like that.

now about the Tiberium and Tiberian i dont really care as long as i win :P LOL

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Many of the suggestions here sound really generic. Think out outside box ;)

Remember your suggestion needs to show creativity, originality and relativity to the Command & Conquer 4 story.

I have my own suggestion for a name, but I'll keep it to myself for now :P

I'm not sure if the outside of the box and create a brand new name is a good idea, like I said, if the 1st place winner's name gets the win other than "Tiberian Twilight", Tiberian Twilight fans might put their fingers on him. It is kind of a gamble, but I have the confidence that EA knows what they're doing as long as they don't end up fans getting insulted here and there.

how does "Rise of the Tiberium" sounds ... as i named it with tihs one

Tbh that should be more for an early C&C game

or a game wich explains the true expansion of Tiberium troughouth the world during the ages

The thing is, if 10000 people all submit the name "Tiberian Twilight" and its the most popular it doesn't necessarily means it wins. The devs will be picking and choosing form all the submissions, narrowing it down to a Top 10, then picking a name from that list. So as popular as the "Tiberian Twilight" is name is, the devs may think it doesn't for the new game.

So its not really a popularity contest, we are just helping the devs, giving them ideas for a possible name.

all those sound Generic? sorry but LOL

if Dark Alliance, Tiberian Storm and others are "Generic" then what "Tiberium Wars" is? outside of the box?

i have also and an other one that i have submited so i dont care to share it with you now:

Command and Conquer 4

The End

lol :)

ok seriously

-Kane Chronicles

-iCore

and others i am still thinking of...... it dificult thats why they did this competition after all.

"Command & Conquer 4: We did it again"

Tiberian Twilight is the only and right name for this but I'm not sure is the game worth it.

Edited by Jarzka

By sticking to the guidelines of originality and stuff, does that mean EALA does not want the name Tiberian Twilight at all?

It maybe a creative name, but when too many people demanding it, the 1st prize winner cannot be shared by ourselves. Like Sonic said, it's no popularity contest, and I'm not sure if anyone will agree. If Tiberian Twilight fails to qualify, I don't know how are the fans, especially the hardcore Westwoodians, will react.

I submitted Tiberium Mandatum

what tha heck is that? what does it mean? :unsure:

If Tiberian Twilight fails to qualify, I don't know how are the fans, especially the hardcore Westwoodians, will react.

As much as they did for C&C3?

what tha heck is that? what does it mean? :unsure:

This guy i know is a huge starwars fan.And he showed me a mod he was following (Republic at war).

I always loved the way the Republic navy ships looked like.So you have this huge Battleship called the "Mandator I"

Mandator is derived from Mandatum, wich is latin for To command or order

Dunno, actually, i just picked something wich came randomly.Saw this contest, saw this guy blabering of starwars

there we go!

Mine was "Tiberian Beckoning", I know it shouldve been Tiberium and its not all that original but hey, its something :P.

TBH, I'll be happy with any name for it. Its the core of the game that matters.

I'll be happy with any name for it. Its the core of the game that matters.

Pretty much the way I see it too. Of all things to concern yourself with about the game, the title isn't very important.

FAQ is online and rules now, WOW if the winner decision was submitted by 50 (or example) people all those will win the same prize!

fair enough its a beta after all sooner or later lots of people will be in it :)

Edited by Johnnyxp64