Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Malevolence Polls! (C&C4 Stealth Tank)

C&C4 Stealth Tank current design. Yay or Meh?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. C&C4 Stealth Tank current design. Yay or Meh?

• Yay :D
    • Meh :(

Apparently Nod Stealth tanks are back in C&C4, but with a new design. You've seen it. What do you think. Cast your vote, and if possible, explain yourself. Let the polls begin!.

If you have not seen the Nod Stealth Tanks. Well I did you guys a small favor by cropping these models from the screenshots.

st1n.png

st2h.png

st3n.png

st4v.png

st5.png

st6.png

As comparison to the past models of the stealth tank:

TD:

tdstealthtank.jpg

Renegade:

renegadestealth.jpg

TS:

tsstealthtank.jpg

TW:

nodstealthtanks.jpg

Edited by Malevolence

I think the model looks nice... but not stealth tanky, it should have wheels and be more streamline and curvy.

i think if they made this like the basic Nod battle tank i would be fine with it but since its a stealth tank i will have to say bleh, its not stealthy enough though the design is not really anything major

Indeed I was shocked when it was proven that this rocket tank is a stealth tank. No offense I like the rocket tank design, but as a stealth tank, no way man. As you can see, stealth tanks has the curves and unique "nod" tech design stuff that makes it stands out from the rest of the generic looking tanks. And the threads are usually four treads, two rear, two front. (except C&C3 where the rear treads form one single rear tread).

Hope the devs remodel this tank, or use this for something else and do something for the stealth tank.

i agree, i am hoping they change it though its not likely, it would be nice to see the design as a main battle tank though

C&C4's is UUUUUUGGGGGGLLLLYYY!

Are the EA devs out of their mind?! Are they trying to bring back the controversy just like they did with the RA3 Apoc tank?! Are you really trying to mess with our heads?!

Its too boxy for my taste. They need to streamline it, so its simliar to what they had in Tiberium Wars.

It's actually looks a bit streamlined, but it dosen't look like a stealth tank. Could work as a regular MLRS. EA is mocking us if they think they could pass that as a stealth tank.

And where exactly is it stated that this is the C&C 4 Stealth Tank?

And where exactly is it stated that this is the C&C 4 Stealth Tank?

From your news post here.

We are the first online-magazine to present new and exclusive screenshots of the real-time strategy game Command & Conquer 4, whose many innovations we have also examined in our preview in GameStar magazine 09/2009 (now available). In our screenshot analysis, we'll examine the different units and structures of GDI and Nod in detail.

And the information on page 2.

152x.jpg

The Stealth tank is a classic in the arsenal of Nod: it approaches enemy units and bases without being seen, then attacks them with rockets. In the predecessor games this sneaky unit was ideal to attack harvesters, but there won't be any in Command & Conquer 4. Instead of collecting green crystals with harvesters, you'll conquer depots full of resources which are converted into money on your factions account automatically.

Guest Stevie_K

TW stealth tank is by far the prettiest. C&C4 visuals are just plain ugly so far.

to me its not how the graphics are, its how good the gameplay is but unit design is also important and seeing those things, they do not look like stealth tanks, more like missile tanks in my opinion.

to me its not how the graphics are, its how good the gameplay is but unit design is also important and seeing those things, they do not look like stealth tanks, more like missile tanks in my opinion.

Agreed

Well said bro ;)

I would have voted yes for the tank if it was a new idea going into play. But since it's going off an old concept and mixing what looks like 3 units from the past. I had to go no. But they can change it before the final release.

Well EALA dev team LOOK UP! EVERYONE in CNCNZ DISAPPROVED YOUR C&C4 STEALTH TANK DESIGNS! the polls said it all.

the polls said it all.

This poll anyway. The one in the official forums is 61% call for redesign and 39% no redesign.

Although I highly suspect these results are inaccurate due to the topic title/poll question conflict, EA will probably be paying more attention to that one.

I guess Troopzor's poor choice of wording has doomed us all to a chunky stealth tank... (being lugubrious here)

It's actually looks a bit streamlined, but it dosen't look like a stealth tank. Could work as a regular MLRS.

Agree. Unit design is good, but not as stealth tank, EALA could call it missile tank or anti-air something. Stealth tank need to have more elegant design, without tracks that large. EALA need to use more common sense in designing of units, even if most (all) of those units are just fictional (sci-fi).

That doesn't look even slightly stealthy. It's a good design as a tank (well aside from the fact that exposed treads are a capital offense in tank design) but not a good stealth tank.

-edit, typo fix

Edited by Mighty BOB!

This poll anyway. The one in the official forums is 61% call for redesign and 39% no redesign.

Although I highly suspect these results are inaccurate due to the topic title/poll question conflict, EA will probably be paying more attention to that one.

I guess Troopzor's poor choice of wording has doomed us all to a chunky stealth tank... (being lugubrious here)

Gee, the one in the official forums was totally messed up. Troopzor should seek help from the official EA forum mods to reset the poll and use the right words instead.

To me, it seems like 62% demands a redesign and 38% just said dislike the design.

I'll PM Troopzor in regards to this issue. Gee.

He should fix it, I could not understand why he wants to keep things in 1337 language and in the end, the poll results becomes misleading. Use simple English, Troopzor! Simple English!

If the devs would to see the poll results like this instead of right here's pure needed of redesign, the devs might leave the current lame stealth tank alone to be the next controversy of the RA3 Apoc tank. Sure, they can damage a non-iconic unit like the Scorpion tank, but the stealth tank?! That's an iconic unit and you dare to damage it?!

I knew those devs really take the franchise not always seriously, they'll never take it 100% like Westwood did, my prediction is either 80% or lower.

Edited by Silverthorn

15-0.

CNCNZ has spoken. And Silverthorn pretty much add the cherry to the cake. EALA (Apoc, 2Poc, everyone else), what do you think?

Edited by Malevolence

Well all we need now is another 600,000 thousand votes, and then maybe EA will listen. :P