Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

PS3 Slim

Not bad, with PSP comes PSP Slim and now PS3 Slim. This must have cause some outroar for those who purchased a PS3 not long ago. lol.

A few stores offer a policy where you can come back, return the product and purchase it again at the new price to save the difference. I'm not sure how long they offer it but I know Gamestop does it, but it's only 7 days and when the 360 dropped, they got 30... Tell me that's not Sony being bitches.

PS3 Slim looks kind of odd to me. Still outrageously overpriced here in New Zealand though - NZD$629.95. The latest 360 bundle goes for NZD$474.99

Unboxing video:

New Zealand sucks. o_O

AKA: Poking the bear. ^

AKA: Poking the bear. ^

bearwar.jpg

On Topic: This is a bitch for all those n00bs who have to stick with their half-tonne original PS3's :P

When I saw this I thought "Already!!?? This early?"

I honestly question Sony's Motives right now. Normally they don't release a refined version of a console until at least 5 years minimum into their so-called "10 year console life-cycle"... To me it looks like they're struggling to get any real sales figures. Which is true because I sold my PSP this morning and bought a Nintendo DS instead because Sony haven't got a clue how to support the PSP (As I've mentioned in my blog). Even if they had the world's best marketing team, and publishers behind it, they'd still mess the whole thing up! There's no decent titles coming out for it, but it was a bloody great paper weight! :dance:

It's kinda like the PS3 right now as well really. If the likes of EA and other publishers weren't so willing to make their games Multi-format, Sony would be right up s**t's creek. Cos as far as I can gather, their exclusive title range is still rather pants.

Anyway, the PS3 slim actually has a less powerful Cell processor inside it, which is actually cheaper to manufacture. It still renders the games the same. But in order to have the same performance, they had to cut loads of crap off the original PS3's Operating system to keep things running just as well. As it stands, the original 60GB launch model is actually the best of all the PS3 models... it still has backward compat, 4 USB ports, a memory card reader and about 101 other things that the new Slim doesn't. While the Slim does have improved storage, and memory, and data transfer over the original... it's all to help against the cut down processor's performance. They say in the article it's the same thing (but smaller)... But like they're going to admit that... that'd only generate bad press, and the 360 fanboys would have a field day!

So yeah, in order for Sony to cut costs (since the original was being manufactured at a loss per unit vs retail price)... the Slim is the result. It may visually look the same and perform the same. But it's technical power is probably less than that of a 360 now.. whereas previously it had a very slight power and performance advantage over Microsoft's Console.

Not a bad system... But my launch model is still going well... and I'd prefer one of those over any other version released to date.

Edited by Saracen

ew... looks like an oversized cellphone battery. also lol at paying $25 to stand it up straight, lol.

On Topic: This is a bitch for all those n00bs who have to stick with their half-tonne original PS3's :P

11 punds is not a half ton. mines been in the designated spot since i got it. i dont even have to pick it up whenever i clean it. ur just jelous u dont have a ps3 :P (that last sentece is a joke. please do not respond to that)

This must have cause some outroar for those who purchased a PS3 not long ago.

not really.

11 punds is not a half ton. mines been in the designated spot since i got it. i dont even have to pick it up whenever i clean it.

lol I guess it's not really that heavy, I guess it's more the size... You have to admit it takes up alot of space.

Thinking about buying one. But I'd rather see what sort of new bundle deals get released though.

What a waste of people's money and time. You have got to be a little dumb upstairs if you bought the original and now are gonna buy this. And as if making it smaller makes the underselling console more successful? I don't think so. People want the games, they don't care about whether its a little smaller. At least I hope so :P

I've always been a Nintendo fan anyway :P

And, oh look! Since Nintendo has been owning the game, accessory and console sales, PS3 and XBOX360 are copying them with a launch of 'motion controllers'. Oh please. Get your own ideas haha :P

And yet another shooter...... he he he

Friendly post don't worry. I'm not ragging on anyone :)

peace :)