Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

C&C 4 Release should be Delayed

I would really like C&C4 release delayed due to the fact there are still a number of significant progresses on the game itself not being done there.

Edit: How in the world did my post winds up as a new thread here?

Edited by purplescrin

makes sense.

Imo, u'r right. I'd rather see C&C4 delayed 4 months and be a better game, then to get C&C4 Q1 2010, and it would suck

It depends on what you expect to happen during that time. If you think EA are going to bring bases back, well that ain't happening, no chance in hell.

Since they are already committed to the crawler concept, I "trust" that they can iron out the bugs and have it nicely balanced by April next year. Remember that is a long time from now. With the beta starting up this month they'll be getting plenty of feedback on their current progress.

I think all the Red Alert stuff should also be split/removed from the news forum...

But as much as dislike the ommission of bases and harvesting it's economically unviable to delay/cancel the game now. So I'd rather EALA remain true to their vision until the bitter end. Is that a double-negative endorsement???

Maybe we'll need to wait until until C&C5...

heh heh... maybe all the diehard fans need to switch their energy to the Mod SDK at game release so that the rest of us can enjoy it like we want too.

:)

Delay the release? How? No release date has been officially announced yet. Officially C&C 4's release date is 2010. Unofficially its March 2010.

Edit: How in the world did my post winds up as a new thread here?

Your off topic post was split and moved in here.

Don't bother requesting delays.

LOL. I didn't think of it like that. Requesting a delay, the world truly is insane. B):huh:

How can you request a delay without knowing the progress anyway? :S

Guest Stevie_K

Well. So far we have seen some awesome GDI units and some hideous Nod units. (that has to be progress of some sort?)

It's not like a delay is needed, just a few unit changes.

It depends on what you expect to happen during that time. If you think EA are going to bring bases back, well that ain't happening, no chance in hell.

Since they are already committed to the crawler concept, I "trust" that they can iron out the bugs and have it nicely balanced by April next year. Remember that is a long time from now. With the beta starting up this month they'll be getting plenty of feedback on their current progress.

if it means ironing out bugs and redoing some unit designs wich look absolutely unacceptable(Nod rocket cyborg instance)

Then yes i am willing to wait

I gave up on "bring back the bases" it wont happen

who knows? The crawler system might be a fun experience

if it means ironing out bugs and redoing some unit designs wich look absolutely unacceptable(Nod rocket cyborg instance)

The Rocket Cyborg looks unbalanced and unrealistic, but the only unit I would call absolutely unacceptable would be the Nod engineer.

Maybe my theory is becomingly more true as EA is preparing to layoff workers and shut down some production studio companies which will halt some of the unannounced games.

lol, if they were to delay C&C4 now, it might never get released. :P

lol, if they were to delay C&C4 now, it might never get released. :P

Well, they did say they were going to lay off most of the C&C team after Tiberian Twilight, so why not just delay it indefinitely and go on making other C&C games? :P

So thats what blizzard have been doing... :P

Guest Stevie_K

Except that Blizzard doesn't seem to have even felt the economic crisis with WoW on their hands.

I fear EA is lacking the kind of money to just delay games in the Blizzard fashion way. (Not saying C&C4 might not be able to use a short friendly delay sometime).

I really wish they should delay the game just to fix the stupid & wacky Nod units. Not all of us are pleased by this, imagine the game sites would to bring in the ratings. Then boom! Low ratings, boohoo for the dev team. The devs maybe happy of what they had done, but they forgot to put themselves into our shoes and tell themselves that they did some horrible jobs on some of the Nod units.