Sonic

Get Your Command & Conquer Freeware!

I'm glad EA is doing this. Many other game companies refuse to give away their very old games for free. instead they still charge 6€ for their "classics"

Its good that EA does this, this way, other people can experience the great joys we had in C&C years ago

I sure hope so, the free C&C1 & RA1 were fun, but it'll be even more fun when the expansions are included. I just really wish I could get my hands on the so called "dinosaur" mission in C&C1

Ehh, download my patch 1.06 for C&C95 and you got all of it. And more. I added the unique console missions into it too.

Edited by Nyerguds

You can get all of those off of my site if you wish. And yes, I did get the OK from EA to put these up for download

Covert Ops

Counterstrike

Aftermath

Have you mirrored the downloads for TS,FS,RA and C&C as well?

APOC said he would prefer if fan sites not mirror the downloads and direct people to the download page http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic.

It's too bad they don't work. Every time I've tried running the executable, it keeps saying an important file is missing.

It's too bad they don't work. Every time I've tried running the executable, it keeps saying an important file is missing.

hmmmmm try that

what ever you download place it in a new small named directory in your C:\ like C:\cncsetups\ and run it from there you may have propobly a very long path name or with non latin characters that messes arround the setup!

goodluck

hmmmmm try that

what ever you download place it in a new small named directory in your C:\ like C:\cncsetups\ and run it from there you may have propobly a very long path name or with non latin characters that messes arround the setup!

goodluck

I've been following the install instructions to the letter. Not working without the file. And yes, It's been going in my Program Files folder, as stated in the instructions. The link is basically broken.

You can get all of those off of my site if you wish. And yes, I did get the OK from EA to put these up for download

Covert Ops

Counterstrike

Aftermath

Nathan, do you also have Retaliation? That's another RA1 expansion you forgot, moreover, I bet that expansion is larger than Aftermath & Counterstrike because of the FMVs inside plus the Ant mission which I remember.

Correct me if I'm wrong, after I install RA1, do I need to install Counterstrike & Aftermath first then only I can install Retaliation? It's a possible compatibility question. I also wonder if that includes any latest patches.

Edited by Silverthorn

wasn't Retaliation a PS1 game that had the aftermath and counterstrike missions?

wasn't Retaliation a PS1 game that had the aftermath and counterstrike missions?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. According to wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_C...tion_.281998.29

The FMVs can still be watched on the PC, but I wish the missions are also available so we can play the Ant mission too. Hopefully APOC can do something about this "console only version" problem.

Darn, Youtube only has the Retaliation FMVs, not including the missions. :( Since it's now available on the PS3 & PSP, I hope somebody will play the missions and upload the videos for us to watch.

Im sure Nyer made a pack for RA that adds the Retaliation scenarios and fmvs...

Correct me if I'm wrong, after I install RA1, do I need to install Counterstrike & Aftermath first then only I can install Retaliation? It's a possible compatibility question. I also wonder if that includes any latest patches.

After you install RA1, you can install Aftermath and Counterstrike in any order.

Really? Are you sure Raptor 4000. After all these years I was thinking you needed Red Alert with Counterstrike installed in order to install Aftermath.

After all these years I was thinking you needed Red Alert with Counterstrike installed in order to install Aftermath.

I did not even own Counterstrike until a long time after having had just RA1 with Aftermath.

Well I stand corrected then. Its been many years since I played Red Alert or the expansions. I just recall installing Counterstrike first then Aftermath.

One has to be installed first i think, otherwise the later wont patch, not too sure as i use FullRA.

Raptor, my question was based on installing Retaliation, but sadly, you don't need to answer my question whether to install Counterstrike & Aftermath first then Retaliation, because Retaliation is not a PC expansion which I didn't know that earlier. :(

Im sure Nyer made a pack for RA that adds the Retaliation scenarios and fmvs...

I saw that too, that can be done. But Youtube has the FMVs as well, so I watched and downloaded the movies from there.

But still, it won't be fun if you just watch the FMVs and not playing the missions behind them. :(

Edited by Silverthorn

Really? Are you sure Raptor 4000. After all these years I was thinking you needed Red Alert with Counterstrike installed in order to install Aftermath.

I've done it backwards, but since I got rid of my old 98 for a Vista (-_-) I haven't been able to run RA1, so I can't verify this sadly.

@Silverthorn - Whoops. Sorry.

Back to the Tiberian Sun free release. For those who don't know this. If you want higher resoultions here's what to do. Open the SUN.INI file in your Tiberian Sun install folder. Look for these lines. This will also change Firestorm.

[Video]
ScreenWidth=800
ScreenHeight=600
StretchMovies=no

Its pretty clear what to change from here. Type in your new ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight. Save the file and that's it. It will do wide screen resolutions just fine.

I played the ant mission on the PC version. Its hard as hell, especially those red ants. Retaliation has missions from Counterstrike and Aftermath.

Edited by Malovolpe

I played the ant mission on the PC version. Its hard as hell, especially those red ants. Retaliation has missions from Counterstrike and Aftermath.

You do? I wonder how did you find that ant mission. Anyway, since I don't have my RA1 with me, I wonder if you have a gameplay video so that people can watch it on Youtube. ;)

I wonder how did you find that ant mission.

I thought every C&C fan knew this... Hold shift and click on the speaker in the upper-right corner of the menu screen.

I thought every C&C fan knew this... Hold shift and click on the speaker in the upper-right corner of the menu screen.

Normally I should be, but in case if someone doesn't know, my 1st C&C game was Tiberian Sun, so I got nothing from the past game until a few years later.

Back to the Tiberian Sun free release. For those who don't know this. If you want higher resoultions here's what to do. Open the SUN.INI file in your Tiberian Sun install folder. Look for these lines. This will also change Firestorm.

[Video]
ScreenWidth=800
ScreenHeight=600
StretchMovies=no

Its pretty clear what to change from here. Type in your new ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight. Save the file and that's it. It will do wide screen resolutions just fine.

So you managed to get it to work, Sonic?

[Video]
ScreenWidth=800
ScreenHeight=600
StretchMovies=no

Much easier way is to add the key: AllowHiResModes=true under the [Video] section. Then run the game, goto the Options menu and you can select what resolution you want, dont have to keep touching the SUN.INI then.

I did not even own Counterstrike until a long time after having had just RA1 with Aftermath.

I still don't own Counterstrike. :P

Much easier way is to add the key: AllowHiResModes=true under the [Video] section. Then run the game, goto the Options menu and you can select what resolution you want, dont have to keep touching the SUN.INI then.

Very nice. :D