1. 1. Are you purchasing C&C4?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. So getting it ASAP?

• Now
    • Later
    • When it hits the bargain bin.
    • Never

So the final game in the saga comes out next week. How many of you "fans" out there are getting this bad boy?

It was a toss up for me between this and Dragon Age Awakening... Then I decided I'd just get both, because whilst I know Dragon Age will kick supreme ass, I have my doubts about C&C4...

So share you opinion! :thumbsup:

Getting it when it releases on the 19th in NZ (next Friday). Only to complete the story.

Are you purchasing C&C4?

No.

So getting it ASAP?

I don't know.

The only question remains is how much activity in the EA servers will hold up into this point to handle C&C4, other EA games and security. Remember the time EA servers were way overcrowded and overloaded due to the Battlefield: Bad Company gaming? What if there is a server error or the servers being hacked?

If there are problems like this, the guys who impatiently wanting to play C&C4 will be heading for the offline patches, notably known as cracks.

As for me, I'll never buy it until the price is at around $9.99. It just looks like an expansion pack to C&C3 after all rather than a sequel. It even qualifies as an add-on modification to C&C3, just like why there's a C&C4 Redux mod for C&C3 in the first place.

Edited by purplescrin

Yes.

Bargain bin, or at least -50% cost.

Later, after my trimester ends and when I finish all of my work.

Aaarrrrgggh...

I feel forced into a corner... but yes I've decided to pre-order the game.

I would prefer to wait for a bargain price like Nmenth, but I just know some idiot is going to spoil the story for me... or I will stumble across the news somewhere in my wanderings.

Having played 20 games in the beta, there is nothing in the gameplay that is attractive to me, so I buy this game in respect to past glories, not because of any perceived improvements or enhancements to the gameplay. I even have serious doubts about the epic conclusion - in terms of storytelling and emotional satisfaction... but nevertheless here I go boys and girls.

The only question remains is how much activity in the EA servers will hold up into this point to handle C&C4, other EA games and security. Remember the time EA servers were way overcrowded and overloaded due to the Battlefield: Bad Company gaming? What if there is a server error or the servers being hacked?

If there are problems like this, the guys who impatiently wanting to play C&C4 will be heading for the offline patches, notably known as cracks.

As for me, I'll never buy it until the price is at around $9.99. It just looks like an expansion pack to C&C3 after all rather than a sequel. It even qualifies as an add-on modification to C&C3, just like why there's a C&C4 Redux mod for C&C3 in the first place.

Yeah man, we should like totally arrange a boycott or something :rolleyes:

Enjoy your **** Redux mod.... when they finish it in 3 or 4 years time.

Yes, I'm getting it for the sake of continuity of the C&C series story arc. I preordered it actually because I kind of love the soundtrack bonus, despite being disappointed with the overall pre-order "special" package.

Didn't get it, probably never will.

I've played 6 missions or so, and just looking at that, I can't blame you.

Watch the FMV's, they're somewhat enjoyable.

They're all ready appearing.

I'll buy maybe when it hits $29, more like $19 though.

Get it after EA removes the DRM

So he won't be getting the game then? :P

So he won't be getting the game then? :P

They have to give up eventually :rolleyes:

They have to give up eventually :rolleyes:

No, they don't. Although they still may.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Since MGamer won our C&C4 contest, I don't know how he could put off getting it until EA removes the DRM.

So what then, you have the game but won't install it?

No not buying it... unless it's already in Croatia... then I still wouldn't buy it...

Since MGamer won our C&C4 contest, I don't know how he could put off getting it until EA removes the DRM.

So what then, you have the game but won't install it?

I have it installed but i get disconnected every 20 minutes (if i don't crash) so im just waiting for a fix (if there is one)

The game is actually fun without all the crashes

Just finished GDI campaign, and it's alright. Mechanic was annoying at first, but you sort of get used to it.

I'm slowly working my way through the Nod campaign, enjoyed what I have seen so far. For me its a refreshing change from the other C&C games. Which quiet frankly started to bore me. But given some more free time I actually feel like finishing this one.

I'm slowly working my way through the Nod campaign, enjoyed what I have seen so far. For me its a refreshing change from the other C&C games. Which quiet frankly started to bore me. But given some more free time I actually feel like finishing this one.

I really liked the FMVs up until the ending, which is piss poor to say the least.