Sonic

Command & Conquer 4 Tops Sales Charts

Despite harsh criticism from many fans, and some average reviews. Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight is officially the number 1 selling PC game according the ELSPA. Other big name games release at the same time period, such as Dragon Age Origins: Awakening and Metro 2033, couldn't match the pace set by Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight. Here's the top 10.

1. (-) Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (Electronic Arts)
  2. (-) Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings (Electronic Arts)
  3. (1) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts)
  4. (3) Football Manager 2010 (Sega)
  5. (2) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II - Chaos (THQ)
  6. (4) Napoleon: Total War (Sega)
  7. (-) Metro 2033 (THQ)
  8. (5) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
  9. (13) Left 4 Dead 2 (Electronic Arts)
  10. (9) The Sims 3: World Adventures (Electronic Arts)

So at least that's something positive. I think these are UK/Europe sales though.

Look at all the EA games in teh top 10. :o

Metro 2033 suffers from a serious lack of marketing. Otherwise I'd of thought it would be much more popular.

This is a good thing. Maybe not for the poor souls that bought it... but if despite being a massive failure, the game still pulls in a profit, the C&C series may not be dead yet.

Metro 2033 suffers from a serious lack of marketing. Otherwise I'd of thought it would be much more popular.

I got the Xbox 360 version of Metro 2033 on the same day as C&C 4. Great atmosphere, good story but **** it pisses me off when I play it. I keep running out of air filters.

but if despite being a massive failure, the game still pulls in a profit, the C&C series may not be dead yet.

Who said the series was dead? Why would EA bring in Jon Van Caneghem athe of C&C/RTS at EALA? Try to have a little more faith.

Who said the series was dead?

C&C4. Technically that's a what though and it didn't say anything, it just looked really ill... :sick:

Try to have a little more faith.

C&C4 stole it.

Ouch! It may hurt me as well as any of the many other WW fanboys. But still, I'm wondering, how about Supreme Commander 2? Did it sold well but could not make it into the Top 10? Too bad MW2 released earlier, so I don't think the sales will count in.

Edited by Silverthorn

Doesn't mean anything to me. What's important is that the players/gamers/fans should give a positive feedback after experiencing and played the entire game.

So at least that's something positive. I think these are UK/Europe sales though.

UK/Europe still supports C&C4 with some faith. What happened to Mass Effect 2 in the list?

The big question is how many sales did C&C4 get?

Well from a single player point of view: I would think no matter how good or bad the game is, and this time EA dropped the ball on a lot of things, fans (either WW or EALA) would probably want to see what happens to Kane.

From a multiplayer's point of view: I think EA took a risk that had its ups and downs.

In the end, it looks like Command & Conquer Sole Survivor 2. hahaha

This is a good thing. Maybe not for the poor souls that bought it... but if despite being a massive failure, the game still pulls in a profit, the C&C series may not be dead yet.

It would be nice to see a C&C 2.5 or 3.5 :P

Maybe they can try Tiberium or Renegade 2 again.

Well from a single player point of view: I would think no matter how good or bad the game is, and this time EA dropped the ball on a lot of things, fans (either WW or EALA) would probably want to see what happens to Kane.

Yep.

I was thinking this yesterday. :P It's just more in depth.

I don't understand why they couldn't include bases as part of the game. Not for the player to build, but to defend during missions or even multiplayer. An AI would maintain the base and the players would defend/destroy it. I believe it was said in one of the latest reviews that multiplayer suffers from a lack of different game modes.

With these positive sales figures and all this talk about paid DLC, I wonder what triggers it would take for EALA to punch out some additional game modes, more level ups etc.

There is one huge difference between the Sole Survivor and C&C4: SS was a spin-off in the C&C series and C&C4 is an actual sequel. I don't have nothing against experimenting with gameplay elements in the spin-offs (sole survivor, renegade or even red alert and generals).

There is one huge difference between the Sole Survivor and C&C4: SS was a spin-off in the C&C series and C&C4 is an actual sequel. I don't have nothing against experimenting with gameplay elements in the spin-offs (sole survivor, renegade or even red alert and generals).

EA's mistake though, in my opinion, was to end the Tiberian Saga with an experimental game.

EA's mistake though, in my opinion, was to end the Tiberian Saga with an experimental game.

I don't think so, experimental or not, money is what they're aftering. And they're only using us & our pocket money like fuels, once we're heart-broken, they'll find new customers to replace us.