Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Starcraft II release

Starcraft II release  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Starcraft II once it's released?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rather wait later.

Awh, now I'm feeling sorry for Kerrigan. :(

Awesome trailer though, would have been sweet if they'd pre-rendered everything, but the ingame stuff is cool too. :)

I have SC2 in my dirty little hands! ^_^

I can haz guest pass?

Guest passes? They remind me of trying out the game as a demo (for several hours only) through a user who brought the game and gives away a code to a guest. I rather download a public SP demo version of SCII, not through a guest pass.

Good for you!

Edited by purplescrin

Guest Stevie_K

Pre downloaded and was just ready to purchase at 00.01, Then I found out my credit card was empty >< >< ><

So I have to wait until friday...

On blizzard's digital store it costs 60€, which is about 568 SEK. But I read in a newspaper that a store in my region has it on sale for 330 SEK which is the boxed edition. Although I would prefer it without the box, it's not a difficult choice.

Look out for similar stuff in your countries!

My boxed edition came with the game, manual those SC2 and WOW guest passes and a paper pad, with Raynor's face on it.

I can haz guest pass?

Two of my friends already have dibs, sorry.

My version came yesterday too but I haz so much work that I'm forcing myself to wait until the weekend to open it.

12 years... what's a few more days.

:)

I dunno, twelve years is an awful long wait. Maybe six or seven, but it's been so long that I stopped paying attention to Starcraft and I don't remember most of the story IIRC (hence why I need to re-play it).
Don't worry, they take care of people like us. The installer has a slideshow w/voiceover explaining most of the backstory I had long ago forgotten :P

And the manual is mostly backstory too... I've enjoyed the first couple of missions.

Major update in the first post. SCII might have beaten a PC sales record on the first day of release and there's a possible release date for the first expansion pack.

and there's a possible release date for the first expansion pack.

Ha! If you believe that, you don't know Blizzard.

They have the engine and graphics done. I don't see how a possible release date can't be met unless the story campaign is going to be bigger on the next two. :P

By expansion to you mean the protoss or zerg campaign or do you mean WOL 1.5???

(How is that I agree with both Nmenth and DD on this?)

They have the engine and graphics done. I don't see how a possible release date can't be met

They are Blizzard...

Guest Stevie_K

My friend talked about a new race. which seems highly unlikely. But who knows what the expansion might hold. A Protos or Zerg campain would be too boring imo. since almost everything in the new story is covered by the Wings of Liberty storyline. (that including what happens to both Protoss and the Zerg). But Blizzard is quite creative and has a very good reputation, so I know they have something special for every single release they make.

Found this image at Kotaku in the comments section. Someone summing up their review of Starcaft II. Guess they don't like it.

340x.png

Kotaku's review is up for anyone interested: http://kotaku.com/5600857/

I am pretty sure there are replays if I am not mistaken.

Found this image at Kotaku in the comments section. Someone summing up their review of Starcaft II. Guess they don't like it.

340x.png

This is totally the opposite. Reminds me of COD: Modern Warfare 2, but SCII ain't that type of modern warfare RTS.

The game just got released. Most of the things with a red X for SC2 will be changed eventually. Six months in and there will be cross region play. I hated chat rooms anyway. They were so useless.

That didn't include Korea, though, which I suspect would boost it a tad :P

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1341

Shack: What is the timeline on releasing expansion #1?

Chris Sigaty: It's 10 years per (laughs). No, we're estimating about 18 months from release of Wings of Liberty to when the next one comes out. That's purely speculative, honestly. Historically, it's taken us about a year-WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne is a good example-but you'll see the sum-total package [in Wings of Liberty] has raised the bar and there's a lot more to do with StarCraft II's expansions. I think 18 months is probably fairly accurate.

This article was posted in April 2010.

Wow, they're going to spend 18 months on expansion pack? Thats the same amount of time most companies spend making a full game! :o