Sign in to follow this  
dbjs2009

The Forgotten v1.0 Available Now

After three years of development and lots of hard work, The Forgotten total conversion mod for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is finished and available for you to download and play with all it's new features by clicking here. The mod also features high definition full motion videos, a full campaign, and a brand new faction with new weapons. Check out the new launch trailer for The Forgotten below.

Our mod tells the story of The Forgotten, a group legendary in Command and Conquer lore from their appearances in Tiberian Sun and its expansion Firestorm. Afflicted with Tiberium-based illnesses, their determination, resourcefulness, and shared anger make them a potent threat to the superpowers that have shunned them for so long. Yet after C&C Firestorm, their fate remained uncertain, as their story was never continued in Command and Conquer 3. We have sought over the last three years to rekindle their tale, enlivening it with high definition full motion videos (produced in conjunction with the talented team at Broken Wall Films), a unique set of units and structures, and an immersive campaign replete with a variety of beautiful environments and challenging missions. To further enhance replay value, we have created five additional battlefields for skirmish and online play.

Visit The Forgotten official site for full information, it's features and of course the 863 MB download.

Shweeeeeet!

Congrats to the team, great to see this released.

Will have to download this weekend though.

The size and scope of this mod is outstanding. Once I get a chance I will be trying this out. It appeals to me more because its not just a multiplayer mod. We're talking a full blown campaign here!!

Well done to Blbpaws and his team for this brilliant release.

its just a multiplayer mod.

You missed the all-important "Not" in there.

They certainly don't make it easy on you either... the first mission isn't just one step above tutorial-level like games typically do it. They pit your minimal forces against a map infested with GDI bases and defenses, including a Sonic Cannon, even though you only get tier 1 technology. :o

The size and scope of this mod is outstanding.

It sure is.

Yeap, it is very big as well, I'm sure it's also up to quality. Even the support powers and stuff when I read the PDF file is outstanding, that also help answering some of the old missing C&C questions such as the Blossom Trees & Veinhole Monster. I'm sure me & the other WW fans will personally thank blbpaws for reviving these old classics.

This is one epic mod, enough to qualify to name this a spinoff expansion to C&C3.

This mod didn't mention much of some new content for the GDI, Nod and the Scrin.

You missed the all-important "Not" in there.

They certainly don't make it easy on you either... the first mission isn't just one step above tutorial-level like games typically do it. They pit your minimal forces against a map infested with GDI bases and defenses, including a Sonic Cannon, even though you only get tier 1 technology. :o

Played about 30mins before coming to work today. I got my ass kicked every time i tried to attack :S. Those pesky GDI rocket soldiers are really getting on my nerves.

Edited by lkRaven

Well unfortunately for me, im gonna have to wait to play this until i can get another copy of TW, seems my daughter got a hold of my disk. Damn kids and their getting smarter. Also read in the readme that their has been some graphical updates so not even sure i could run it, but wont stop me from trying. Kinda bummed me out now, was gonna use this to hold me over until Dead Rising 2 and Two Worlds 2. *sighs*

Edited by Publix666

I got my ass kicked every time i tried to attack :S. Those pesky GDI rocket soldiers are really getting on my nerves.

Indeed, they were forcing me to turtle, then I put a harvester into the field. Just one harvester's laser point defense can do wonders against a barrage of incoming missiles. Salvagers' secondary ability is kind of overpowered, but almost a requirement to defend yourself in this mission.

Perhaps we should always start at Easy difficulty, if you jump the shark, surely you might force to keep on turtling.

Indeed, they were forcing me to turtle, then I put a harvester into the field. Just one harvester's laser point defense can do wonders against a barrage of incoming missiles. Salvagers' secondary ability is kind of overpowered, but almost a requirement to defend yourself in this mission.

Should try that out. I could defend myself. But attacking was a nightmare. Disk throwers should be able to clear garrisons.

The first mission seems pretty imbalanced against you, the second one was easier by far.

I think the first one is much easier if you capture the nod war fac @ the beginning. My life got much easier after that. You can spam tick tanks after that.

I think the first one is much easier if you capture the nod war fac @ the beginning.

Of course... that's a given.

Tick tanks probably shouldn't do this much damage against infantry, too. This makes building anti-infantry vehicles even more useless than it already was.

Finally downloaded and played the game. Overall, the mod is interesting, except that the balancing is a bit outdated since this reminds me of C&C3 patch 1.09 all over again with a new faction. No new KW content was used in this mod.

Second, what happened to the Ghoststalker? Is the commando actually a similar replacement to the Ghoststalker? Also there's no mutant hijacker in the mod.

Second, what happened to the Ghoststalker? Is the commando actually a similar replacement to the Ghoststalker? Also there's no mutant hijacker in the mod.

I was kind of hoping for a Ghostalker commando too, but I guess he is still too GDI-ish. I did not miss the mutant hijacker, I never used him in TS anyway, but I wouldn't be upset if they decided to add him in a later patch either.

This is not a TS revival mod

Never imagined it was, but TS was the apex of Forgotten lore and the aforementioned Ghostalker and Hijacker were, obviously, tiberium mutants. The point is not to revive TS, but to explore the preexisting Forgotten established in it.

I was kind of hoping for a Ghostalker commando too, but I guess he is still too GDI-ish. I did not miss the mutant hijacker, I never used him in TS anyway, but I wouldn't be upset if they decided to add him in a later patch either.

It was quite useful for snatching that MMKII ;o