Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Could the Next C&C Be Announced Soon?

VG247 reports that EA's big Summer Showcase Event gets started today at 1 PM PDT, and some big announcements are expected. Nothing is confirmed, but the usual fan speculation has started around the community and people are thinking that the new Command & Conquer, that Victory Games are working on, could be revealed tomorrow at the Summer Showcase Event.

FlI7C.png

EA’s promised some “big announcements” for the company’s annual summer showcase this week.

Senior events and media manager for the publisher, Wendy Spander, said during the US holiday weekend that the company was “preparing for the big EA Summer Showcase on Thursday. Big announcements ahead!”

Last year’s showcase seen announcements of Fight Night: Champion, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Alice: Madness Returns and more.

We’re going to bet you’re going to hear the formal announce of the original Crysis for PS3 and 360 at the event. And more of Battlefield 3. Because you can never have enough Battlefield 3 in your life.

So we are just guessing here, of course, but it's safe to assume that the next Command & Conquer can be considered one these "big announcements". You will be able to watch the EA Summer Showcase Event streamed live, when it begins, right here.

That fast? You sure? They didn't hint anything related to Command & Conquer franchise actually, so I'm quite skeptical about it.

I might watch the first hour or so of this thing. Might be interesting.

Refreshing the site for 15 minutes at least. Could it be that I'm an hour early?

Could it be that I'm an hour early?

Yes. It is Pacific Daylight Time, UTC-7.

Yes. It is Pacific Daylight Time, UTC-7.

Just now I fully realised that during the summer, I'm UTC+2 instead of UTC+1 :doh:

Guest Rabbit

Well guys, it should start any minute now! :)

I find it unlikely that a new C&C would be announced... it can't be that far into production yet. Or will they release yet another C&C in March instead of for Christmas?

Guest Rabbit

Holy Christ, I just realized that this is all happening about ten minutes down the street from me.

Why are you still at home?

Go there, jump the stage, and announce the next C&C ;)

Guest Rabbit

If I see any announcement, I could try for an interview. :P

I have CamStudio 2.6b at the ready, just in case :)

Guest Rabbit

The guy talking about the Sims is silly. I don't like him. :D

This Medieval Sims guy is making a fool of himself... :rolleyes:

... and what did he mean by 'Sims will never be tortured'? I had high hopes for those torture chairs... ^_^

Guest Rabbit

I like how nobody is laughing at the crummy jokes.

I can't believe that I'm now looking forward to an EA Sports game (NHL 12) :o

I'm usually a Konami supporter :P

Guest Rabbit

I'm going to assume all of ONE person in that room is interested in gaming on the Ipad.

Also, eww at that camera turning 90 degrees. I hope it's only because of how she was holding that thing.

FIFA 12 being fun? Konami is surely laughing their arses off XD

Risk on FB? OMG, you can play this on GameSpy

Guest Rabbit

Whelp, nothing about C&C

Whelp, nothing about C&C

Sh, there's some more stuff here regarding Bioshock: Infinite. Maybe after that...

Oh crap, that stuff's repeating.

I guess it is still a good thing that they didn't announce C&C, at least we know they meant it when they said they were taking their time on this one.

Yeah so as expected, no C&C announcements. It was all speculation anyway. So now the focus shifts to Gamescom in Germany next month I guess.

I guess it is still a good thing that they didn't announce C&C, at least we know they meant it when they said they were taking their time on this one.

They said that? Victory Games seems to learn :o

Yeah so as expected, no C&C announcements. It was all speculation anyway. So now the focus shifts to Gamescom in Germany next month I guess.

Not expecting anything there. Maybe a special announcement will be made next year. Surely, we can't have the next C&C before Christmas.

They said that?

Indeed they did, but I was somewhat skeptical, I don't have an abundance of faith in EA.