Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

No New Official Generals 2 News Expected Soon

Since the big announcement of Command & Conquer: Generals 2 back in December 2011, official news updates about the game have been few and far between. Well, there really hasn't been anything to speak of. C&C Community manager, EA_CIRE, is aware of this, and wants to get news and new stuff out in the community, but right now it's not the best time, as he explains in this short update on the Official C&C Facebook page.

Sorry for the delay on the new Generals 2 footage, but our developer team is crunching towards a milestone and it's impossible to get anything cool out any time soon. But i am still asking every week till i have something new for you guys. We had to wait so long for a new quality C&C RTS, that those weeks are something to get over (even though it's hard). Keep you posted!

Check out the original post right here. With some patience on our part, we will get some official news soon.

This just in! Spokesman: "I've nothing to say!". Tension rises as nothing's happening.

Sorry for always being so pessimistic, but shouldn't this go to the No-News forum? :P

I hope they are not really crunching already. If they are, the game is either in the last development stages or they are up to the old working style again. For coders, crunching is like working up to 72 hours a day without food while your boss treats and strangles your loved ones with a whip to motivate you to work faster (the stuff EA Spouse ranted about). The result is software that has about the same quality as an automobile assembled in just one hour.

I bet we don't get anything till E3.... That is sooo far away! :(

This is actually a good thing. It has been a while since last C&C game that wasn't severely rushed.

This is actually a good thing.

I agree in the quality aspect, I disagree from an aspect that I'm not quite patient :(

It has been a while since last C&C game that wasn't severely rushed.

I'm sorry? As far as I remember, the only games that were rushed were TS (after EA bought WW in 1999), Gens1 (hence a heap of cut content) and C&C 4 (duh).

This is actually a good thing. It has been a while since last C&C game that wasn't severely rushed.

QFT. An update for Generals 2 is still pretty far away, enough to fix the errors and what enhancements, features and elements shall be added in.

Meh, having something to show the fans ≠ rushing things.

I'm sorry? As far as I remember, the only games that were rushed were TS (after EA bought WW in 1999), Gens1 (hence a heap of cut content) and C&C 4 (duh).

I was trying to avoid posting in this boring thread, but after C&C3, we had Kanes Wrath, RA3, Uprising, C&C4 and almost a FPS in a ridiculously short timespan. Except for C&C4 - they were all pretty decent 7 or 8 out of 10s but with half the games and more development we could have had a couple of 9 out of 10's instead. Which is why Gen2 news being slow is generally considered good imo.