Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Starcraft Fans Play Red Alert 3

News sure is slow when we have to start turning to some Starcraft fans for something new to talk about. As spotted in this thread on the Official C&C Forums, two known Starcraft II commentators decided to start a "Let's Play" series of videos of them playing their way through Red Alert 3 and sharing their comments on the game. So I guess it's kind of interesting to find out what some hardcore Starcraft guys think of the Command & Conquer franchise, or in this case, Red Alert 3. You can watch part 1 below.

At this stage there are only 3 parts, there might be some more later. The other 2 parts can be found in this thread on the Official C&C Forums.

While the gameplay, mechanics and balancing are better in RA3 than any other C&C game, the lack of better quality in graphics could have been improved (other than the water).

I cannot recall if there had been a C&C3/KW gameplay review by Starcraft fans.

It's not a review, its a just for fun casual playthrough. Which is quite funny in my opinion.

I watched a bit, yeah those FMVs are still beast. :D

While you were hiding behind the barricades in Leningrad, the enemy was thrusting deep into the motherland's tender nether regions!

Am I alone in feeling a bit embarrassed to be a C&C fan while seeing how outsiders view the franchise?

RA2/YR may have been cheesy, and intentionally so, but it upheld the suspension of disbelief well enough. They see RA3 as a complete joke and I so no reason why they shouldn't. RA3 may have had balanced game mechanics, but the cartoon graphics, ridiculous costume design, and horribly contrived lines made that game into something people can't possibly take seriously.

I don't count that as a success to the C&C series...

It is not my intention to bash RA3, but these videos almost make me cringe, like C&C fans are the village idiots within the gaming community.

• Upvote 1

but these videos almost make me cringe, like C&C fans are the village idiots within the gaming community.

For this you'll get a +1, even though you'd need a -1 for the rest of your post.

I don't get why you say it makes us look like village idiots, the things which does do that are the comments, rage, and senseless debates why which C&C is better and how bad the new ones are. TT was bad, but that is general consensus. TW/KW and RA3/RA3U all have their good points in which they excel, if not they wouldn't play it to begin with or at least wouldn't have as much fun.

Edited by Lauren