Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

Does anyone have issues with that?

No, please do patch that. Indeed silly, I just wrote that off to the game being old on my processor.

I'll look into the Queen Ant mission again over the weekend hopefully, and maybe try 13b of the allies mission.

13b of the allies mission? Why? Don't you mean the soviet mission? :P

With the german language pack activated "Mambos Hütte" and "Aksums Hütte" are shown in the menu. Instead of the right translation for "Custom Missions" and "Expansions Missions".

EDIT:
Done - use FunkyFr3sh updated german language pack. (Link)

ccramenu.png

Edited by Storm

The game speed in offline games (skirmish and single player) gets multiplied with the game/AI difficulty you chose, on top of the normal game speed slider. This is retarded and I'm gonna patch it. When you play against easy AI in skirmish the gamespeed is sllooowww and when playing against hard its very fast. Same thing with loading savegames. I want to remove this logic and always set the gamespeed for offline games to that of the normal game difficulty (you can still adjust it with the game speed slider like normally). Does anyone have issues with that?

Maybe add more positions and adjust the scaling so the full range of speeds is still available? I totally agree it should NOT be difficulty dependent.

I've also found the original landscape photos of a bunch of backgrounds used by C&C1 and RA1 renders, see:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2229.0

Hehe, glad to see I started something. Maybe Nyerguds (IMO CnC's chief "curator" :) can organize these somehow.

Storm, it's because I used some unused strings that are leftover from C&C1 for those menus. The language packs aren't updated, you can find updated versions on FunkyFresh's site.

"Maybe add more positions and adjust the scaling so the full range of speeds is still available? I totally agree it should NOT be difficulty dependent."

It's not actually gamespeed that it modifies, it's some timer related code while doing the main loop for ingame (not inside main menu) activity. The normal gamespeed logic is an index in a game speed adjustment table. Whenever the game needs to normalise gamespeed it calls a function with an argument, that argument gets normalized with the current game speed and a normalized game speed is returned. The assembly for it looks like:

AUTO:00526B7C     int const OptionsClass::Normalize_Delay(int)const  proc near
AUTO:00526B7C                                             ; CODE XREF: AnimClass::AnimClass(AnimType,ulong,char,char)+25Ap
AUTO:00526B7C                                             ; AnimClass::AI(void)+8FAp ...
AUTO:00526B7C 000                 push    ebp
AUTO:00526B7D 004                 mov     ebp, esp
AUTO:00526B7F 004                 push    ebx
AUTO:00526B80 008                 mov     ebx, eax
AUTO:00526B82 008                 mov     eax, edx
AUTO:00526B84 008                 test    edx, edx
AUTO:00526B86 008                 jz      short loc_00526BA9
AUTO:00526B88 008                 cmp     edx, 5
AUTO:00526B8B 008                 jge     short loc_00526B9B
AUTO:00526B8D 008                 shl     edx, 5
AUTO:00526B90 008                 mov     eax, [ebx]
AUTO:00526B92 008                 mov     eax, ds:int OptionsClass::const Normalize_Delay(int)::.0::_adjust[][8][edx+eax*4]
AUTO:00526B99 008                 jmp     short loc_00526BA9
AUTO:00526B9B     ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUTO:00526B9B
AUTO:00526B9B     loc_00526B9B:                           ; CODE XREF: const OptionsClass::Normalize_Delay(int)+Fj
AUTO:00526B9B 008                 mov     ebx, [ebx]
AUTO:00526B9D 008                 lea     eax, ds:0[edx*8]
AUTO:00526BA4 008                 inc     ebx
AUTO:00526BA5 008                 xor     edx, edx
AUTO:00526BA7 008                 div     ebx
AUTO:00526BA9
AUTO:00526BA9     loc_00526BA9:                           ; CODE XREF: const OptionsClass::Normalize_Delay(int)+Aj
AUTO:00526BA9                                             ; const OptionsClass::Normalize_Delay(int)+1Dj
AUTO:00526BA9 008                 lea     esp, [ebp-4]
AUTO:00526BAC 008                 pop     ebx
AUTO:00526BAD 004                 pop     ebp
AUTO:00526BAE 000                 retn
AUTO:00526BAE     int const OptionsClass::Normalize_Delay(int)const  endp
AUTO:00526BAE

Ok so did Soviet 13b. It works fine. If you capture the chronosphere, audibly you hear objective met then mission accomplished pops up. If you don't kill the domes and go near it it self destructs as it should. And im sure the allies attack it when unshrouded but didn't test, but that just takes a simple spy plane to test.

I have the saves but im too lazy to go back and delete my uploaded pictures :/

Did the Chronosphere blow up after it was captured? Because that's what's supposed to happen.

You might consider giving the soviets an invincible unit so those missions can be tested more easily.

We had 175 people playing Red Alert 1 today at peak, which is a new record for CnCNet!

After looking in the change list of Dune Dynasty 1.5 compared to this, PortableRA still needs a long way to go on options and features. But hopefully if you will include them if possible, it will be really great to the players out there.

PortableRA still needs the following:

- skirmish mode saving (Vistha did that)

- a viewable picture gallery

- a viewable movie playlist of all campaign missions

- a campaign mission selection (instead of loading campaign save games)

- map zooming (would really be helpful on large monitor resolutions)

- set rally point from a war factory and/or barracks

- set waypoints on the map given to a unit or units

- setting on/off the main sidebar

- an option to set on/off build queues

- a brutal AI setting

- replaying MP games

Edited by zocom7

Can you check if he did actually did? I could probably figure out how he did it if this is the case. I've done it before while doing research into it but the game loaded the savegame I created as if it were a single player game..

Yes but it takes ages to see non-resolution patch related changes because a resolution patch has to update stuff all over the EXE. I need to find every location that's changed and compare it in IDA.

Would help if someone just checked for me if his patch contains this feature lol.

Hex Workshop has a smart Compare, very good feature that i use all the time.

Did the Chronosphere blow up after it was captured? Because that's what's supposed to happen.

Nope. Blows up in the FMV.

I see, they probably hacked the FMV in cause the original Soviet ending of the game has the USSR chronoshifting an Iron Curtain'd bomber over the USA's west coast, dropping a nuke over Washington DC iirc.

Edited by Iran

I see, they probably hacked the FMV in cause the original Soviet ending of the game has the USSR chronoshifting an Iron Curtain'd bomber over the USA's west coast, dropping a nuke over Washington DC iirc.

:o

...link?