Guest Stevie_K

FS Map - Trouble Beyond (2)

Guest Stevie_K

Hello guys. I posted my first map for Tiberian Sun Firestorm on the PPM boards, thought I'd share it here as well.

> from post on PPM forums:

I threw myself into TS mapping a few days ago, and I have got to admit that I have been absorbed.
Anyway, this is the first map I've made. Although making a map for a twelve and half year old game seemed like a weird idea, I'm glad I did, because I have learned a lot through the process.
mapview.png
Map name: Trouble Beyond
Players: 2
Time of day: Night
Ion storms: Yes
I would have liked to add mutants, alien lifeforms and triggers to make the map become more alive. However, after loads of testing, I thought it was fine as it is.
Comments and critique is warmly welcome. I hope you enjoy :)
The map is also uploaded on my personal site.
EDIT:
Map update 1: Fixed cliff error and identical cliffs being next to each other. Screenshots are updated.
A few screenshots:
screenshot4.png
screenshot7.png
screenshot2.png
EDIT: Removed a screenshot. There seemed to be a problem between the link and the post editor.
Edited by Stevie_K

Some mad stuff there :o

Instant download :)

Guest Stevie_K

Thank you :) Let me know if you find any problems, or share your opinion on it after trying it.

On an other note, I'm using Dropbox for hosting the files and images, but as much as I like Dropbox for storing files safely, it has so far proven to be horrible as a public image/file host. By that I mean that I get errors and slow loads half of the time I use the links. I'll try and find a more stable host.

Hello guys. I posted my first map for Tiberian Sun Firestorm on the PPM boards, thought I'd share it here as well.

> from post on PPM forums:

I threw myself into TS mapping a few days ago, and I have got to admit that I have been absorbed.
Anyway, this is the first map I've made. Although making a map for a twelve and half year old game seemed like a weird idea, I'm glad I did, because I have learned a lot through the process.
mapview.png
Map name: Trouble Beyond
Players: 2
Time of day: Night
Ion storms: Yes
I would have liked to add mutants, alien lifeforms and triggers to make the map become more alive. However, after loads of testing, I thought it was fine as it is.
Comments and critique is warmly welcome. I hope you enjoy :)
The map is also uploaded on my personal site.
EDIT:
Map update 1: Fixed cliff error and identical cliffs being next to each other. Screenshots are updated.
A few screenshots:
screenshot4.png
screenshot7.png
screenshot2.png
EDIT: Removed a screenshot. There seemed to be a problem between the link and the post editor.

the problem for me with TIberian Sun, is that the graphic always look dull and static to a point where I get depress, but from the screen shot i saw here are better, I think you use more light and colour illumination to make the look more alive!

Guest Stevie_K

You just can't handle the depressed universe that is TS ;)

I was going for a dark night feel with the lightning, and I'm happy with it, how ever depressing it may seem to you. :)

That's the thing I love most in TS. It's atmosphere is no way near the cartoony feel of later Red Alert games or the "still alive" Generals and Renegade setups. It's dark, gloomy and decay-driven.

That's the thing I love most in TS. It's atmosphere is no way near the cartoony feel of later Red Alert games or the "still alive" Generals and Renegade setups. It's dark, gloomy and decay-driven.

Agreed.