Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

The 10 most overhyped PC games

Once again, PC Gamer has put another top 10 category: http://www.pcgamer.com/most-overhyped-games/

I wish Red Alert 3 is in that list because that was one of EA's most overhyped games ever. At first, people (including EA's staff) are excited for RA3, but when it came out pretty much almost everything in that game is disappointing except for the graphics and the gameplay AI.

Do you absolutely have to complain in every single post you've made for the past few years? RA3 may not have lived 100% up to its expectations, but it doesn't come near the ranks of Daikatana and Watch_Dogs.

I for one love RA3. More than TW, probably - which I also like, but not as much as RA3. I never got why some people hated it so much.

RA3 was a good game, not a great game by any stretch but still. It was also the last decent RTS EA ever made. :(

From that list the only one that annoyed me was Spore. Watch Dogs was over hyped but it wasn't a surprise when it came out and was bland.

2 of my favorite EA games are in the list: Crysis and Spore(the former have it's sequel retcons all the suits into Spiderman's symbiote, while latter are cartoony and has lot of cut contents)

From that list the only one that annoyed me was Spore. Watch Dogs was over hyped but it wasn't a surprise when it came out and was bland.

I agree with that. Many were also disappointed how much worse the game looked compared to the trailer/preview footage, but to be frank, if people still believe E3 trailers, they are fooling themselves.

I don't recall Crysis being over hyped. Crysis was great, but Crysis 2 was far better. Espeically the theme music....

Crysis 2 and 3 had some great singe player campaigns which is rare for shooters nowadays.

Most of the games on that list are awful. Spore was garbage. Daikatana was an anticipated mess but it was a complete letdown. Aliens CM is the crappiest game on that list but I think it got passed around and around for years. **** watch dogs. **** Ubisoft for that matter.

I have Homefront. I actually love the **** out of that game.

I think Homefront is actually quite amusing because it takes itself so damn serious.

Pretty soon No Man's Sky is going to be in this Top 10 list of overhyped PC games.

I don't recall Crysis being over hyped. Crysis was great, but Crysis 2 was far better. Espeically the theme music....

Crysis 2 and 3 had some great singe player campaigns which is rare for shooters nowadays.

Could it be argued that Crysis had a reason to be hyped? It became a benchmark for the very best gaming PCs did it not? If you couldn't run Crysis on high settings, that was an indicator that you no longer had the best graphics card.

zocom7: I read your post and then page one of the article where they say "some [games] lived up to the hype, some didn’t. On the eve of No Man's Sky's release, let's take a look" - the precedent has been set! What goes up must come down :D

update: I'm pleased to see Elder Scrolls Online on that list. I wish they had stuck with single-player mode. Those Elder Scrolls games are so big that you can spent 8 hours a day playing it and drinking Russian Standard, and before you know it, winter is gone :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by jeffnz