Sign in to follow this  
Draculcommander

Strange stratagies

Does anyone have strange tratagies that they use that are good?

Like how I always capture techbuilings on Islands and build a service depot and War Factory

That is not a stange strategy. Most people will use tech buildings to set up secondary bases.

What you mean like when I build 10 war miners and get them into vertarns stages then go invade backed up with tanks?

Elite war miners are actually pretty strong. How about a 10,000 conscript rush. Very dangerous if you have the cloning vat.

That won't work. I'd see you doing that and build 5000 dogs. Or terror drones..... Or a couple of desolators. ;)

You can't control that many units simultaneously - and I'm pretty sure 10000 units wood crash the game :P

It was exagerated for effect. No I have done that, I have stopped what seemed like 10,000 conscripts rushing at me with maybe 8 seals.

Terror drones would be good against them, but if you watch them attacking infantry, their ROF isnt actually that fast. The lag in between is just long enough for even a few infantry to take one out. And 10,000 is a lot, even for 2000 terror drones. But you could train a few rocketeers and or a Seal team, and let them own the conscripts.

lol... war miner elite is creepy... and you can only control 126 units at the same time... i think..

Just currious, where did you come up with 126?

I know I'v had close to 300 paratroops deployed around the map at one time, in addition to my tanks and navy, but I never controlled them all at once.

Wow, thats a lot of units. But yeah, that would crash the game.

There is a "control limit" this is the number of units you can have selected at one time. I have no idea what the total number of units you can have on the map at one time is though.

126 is number of units that you can control at the same time... not the number of units you can have on the map... i have over a thousand once because i set the paradrop setting to 250 and i dropped... 4 times!!! lol... i know you can have more... just lag... lots of it...

I know what you mean about the control limit. O nTS skirmishes when you play at tech level 1, all you can train is infantry, so it helps to have a few hundred. But you have to control them in groups, otherwise some get left behind.

yeh if u culd play it on a supercomputer i imagine u culd control thousands of units at once

Even on a supercomputer, your controlling power would still be limited. :roll: Computer has NOTHING at all to do with it.

The game engine determines how many units may be controlled at one time.

If you want to control lots of units go play Rome Total war. Lots of killing. ;):twisted:

If you want to control lots of units, BfME lets you control them in many many squads. And in armies too.

Then again, why storm them with a billion units? Personnaly, theres more to gloat about if a little stike team can waste a big army than if they clashed, and one beat the other.

i never played it... i prefer to stay on yuri's revenge... large armies, with limits... that's always good.... because i don't think my computer can stand the army size... as in it will crash.. hehe... anyways, it is always better to learn to use a strike team, then a large army...

i never played it... i prefer to stay on yuri's revenge... large armies, with limits... that's always good.... because i don't think my computer can stand the army size... as in it will crash.. hehe... anyways, it is always better to learn to use a strike team, then a large army...

Yes, stike team good. Able to opperate without support. Very good.

not as bad as mine... my lags down with 20 IFVs in the same place...

20 ifvs? Thats hardly any. You need to up-grade, dude.

yup, i've had so many kirovs, and GIs on the map: i reduced everything cost to 100, reduced build time to 1 second, and increased ore value. It was insane!!, and no lag :D I had so many kirovs, i maxed out the icon in the war factory section like around 10 time.... 30 x 10= ~300 Kirovs!!

And that was just me!!.