Sign in to follow this  
SmartSquid399

This skin?

Could I please use this skin on my InvisionFree Board? I know how to convert it from VBulletin to IF. If not that's OK. :?:

This is phpBB. I'm pretty sure that the same rules apply to the forum layout as the website layout - and that is: no coppying.

Sorry our forum skin remains the property of CNCNZ.com. I created all the little images for these forums only. This copyright policy appiles here http://www.cncnz.com/site/legal.shtml

There are thousands of skins available on internet for phpBB, VB and IVB from various sites. Try a Goolge search.

Its a very neat and organized and cool looking skin. I can see why youd want it. Good work sonic.

It is very nice indeed, although I'd like to see the light blue version. :wink:

Trust me you don't want to see that version :puke:

really? If you ever had a new site layout, it would be easy to make a forum skin to match it. I'm sure it would look simply great. :angel:

really? If you ever had a new site layout, it would be easy to make a forum skin to match it. I'm sure it would look simply great. :angel:

it's harder than you think. I'm still trying to get the FS network boards in purple and it's not working so well... :P

Does take a lot of trial-and-error...sorry trial-and-improvment (gotta be politically correect :roll:) but skinning can be pretty fun, as long as it doesn't get frustrating.

Does take a lot of trial-and-error...sorry trial-and-improvment (gotta be politically correect :roll:) but skinning can be pretty fun, as long as it doesn't get frustrating.

Which it always does... Stupid tiny quote buttons... :x

as long as it doesn't get frustrating.

And thats what was happening when I tried switching the forums to the light blue/white scheme. I was getting frustrated because no matter what combinations of the colours I tried it simply made the forums ugly to look at. So it just said **** it and restored this colours we see now.

And thats why I dont make skins

The light blue one didnt look very good at all. This one is much better.

What about a red/dark red? Maybe for mods like World Rebellion?

The light blue one didnt look very good at all. This one is much better.

Did you see ugly blue scheme? You must have seen it when I was testing to see how it looked.

What about a red/dark red? Maybe for mods like World Rebellion?

phpBB doesn't support different styles for different forums.

At least it supports color. Some of the forums out there are eye hurting due to everything (and I mean everyting) is white, with little tiny black text. And very little organization compared to here.

That's a half truth Sonic. Initially, no but there's a hack out there that adds that feature.

I thought there would be. But I'm not really interested in installing hacks for the forums. With hacks and mods installed it makes it a real pain the ass when a phpBB update is released.

Speaking of phpBB, someone hacked their server, full details here http://www.phpbb.com

That really sucks about the hackers.

Wonder what they meant by "politically motivated" hackers, and how they came across that piece of information.

nice forum look imo. Loads a bit slow, tho if you compromised graphics for speed itd probably look like someone chucked up on teh screen :)

taking note of the last reply about colour schemes... if you want a forum which you can customise down to the bone, you should consider invisionfree.com forums. My clan site is hosted under them, and while ive got the standard skin (for speed + efficiancy) ive managed to customise its CC code, and change teh appearance in a huge variety of ways. Only problem is itd be a big move for a well established forum like this :P

-[arp]nice forum look imo. Loads a bit slow

It loads quick for me and I'm on 56K. Once your browser caches all the little images the pages will display much faster.

-[arp]nice forum look imo. Loads a bit slow

It loads quick for me and I'm on 56K. Once your browser caches all the little images the pages will display much faster.

agreed :wink: btw sonic like your forums 8)