WHich was the better side??

Which Side was better in RA1?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Soviet
    • Allies
    • Cool Red Ants
    • Too hard to Decide

Which side do you rekon was better in RA1 and the expansions...

i rekon allies were better i mean you could pretty much see the whole map and you had those cool nuke trucks, you had pill boxes to cut down infantry and you had turrets to take out tanks...

plus you could build entire fake bases not that i ever bothered... but allies were so better...

Oh my god how in the hell can you say the Allies were better? Are you insane? (well, we know the answer to that now don't we.... :twisted: )

I mean come on the allies for example had the most STUPID base defences were thought of. Look at me I have a pop gun, see how it goes pop? And those useless pillboxs were so very very lame. In a very very lame way. :twisted:

Soviets have the best of everything. They have the mammoth tank I mean that betters those stupid little piffy small tanks. They have the V3, which actually had a firing range, as opposed to those idiot artially bits. And the Soviets had the MIGs. Lot better than those crappy little helicopters the allies had.

Soviets had the Iron current, allies get the useless chronosphere. Look at me I got a single tank into your base. Look out!!!

That game was the most unbalanced game in the history of games.

Please note that the allies Navy doesn't count of anything, as most of the games didn't have much ocean... ;)

Oh yeah the ants kicked a whole lot of ass!

And there we go, that my 2 cents. :twisted::P Srry for the sloopy english, but after a english exam, I just don't care anymore. :P

Unfortunatly for you, the allied gun turret almost costs half of what a tesla coil costs, and 2 turrets can 0wn a Tesla. I agree that the chronosphere was useless, but then again, why build it if it is?

Most of the allies defenses are WAY cheaper then the soviets' as are the units and such. Meaning that with the allies you can build a successfull tankrush sooner then one with the soviets. As this apears to be one of the only successfull tactic in RA.

as for the ships. They kick ass. Most skirmish maps have water in them or water surrounding them making a cordon of Cruisers ideal for stopping the enemy's rushes or blowing their base to scrap metal.

It actually depends on how you use them, then again, I AM a proffessional RA player :P

Guest bws

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS rock

:P

They are really strong, and with a mod (forgot the name) they are real cheap.. They kick ass :P

Soviets allow for good base defences (Teslas). And they have better tanks.

Guest bws

Allies got cruisers, GPS, fog generators

And they have good tanks for a good price

i am sane..... or is it insane i cant remember what the card says...

but allies are so way better....ohh look at meee i have a tesla....WINNER.... pfft teslas suck go the POP gun ANY day....id take you down punk....

but really though go the allies....

Guest bws

Allies arent always the strongest

the soviets were the best a few m.a.d tanks could destroy a base in seconds extremly effective when used with the iron curtin

That's not fair! Soviet BLOWS without any of the Expansions

Guest bws

Mads are so dead.... when you play it right

the soviets were the best a few m.a.d tanks could destroy a base in seconds extremly effective when used with the iron curtin

Hmm. I thought you couldn't use the Iron Curtain on the Mad tank? Not when it was deployed anyway.

Guest bws

Thats the madtanks weak point!!!

do you know why they called them MADS????

hahahahah ahhhhhhhhhh who am i kidding... :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is true that the Allies have many fancy units and toys to play with. Though there is one little fact you are a forgetting...

Hardly any of them do anything to help you.

Radar Jammer for example, what is that suppose to do?

The fake factories etc.

Now the soviets they have lots of things that actually HELP you. Like Mad tanks and things like that.

Not to mention during singler player with that vokla or whatever guy and his dog. Bitch slapped Tanya into the ground. :P :roll: :roll:

You mean Volkov... well I never came very far with the sovs, however I nearly finished the Allied campaign! Until the faithfull moment that they launched their nuke and my computer hung because of the busted cutscene that goes with it.

I have it back though, it doesn't work on Win2000 somehow. b00h00 :x

i used the m.a.d tank iron curtin trick on c&C retaliation on the ps1 which is just the 2 add on packs on one disk so that could explain why it worked

cnc on the ps1?

Retaliation would be Red Alert on the PS1 (RA1+CS+Aftermath)

PS version is the same as the computer version isn't it? :?

Guest dax

Allies easy if you rush them. Artillery was handy also. GPS is a huge advantage aswell. Allies have no chance if the russians get to build a tesla wall. Nothing can penertrate it. Except Cruisers but its not possible if there are subs all over the place.

teslas are easy distract them with tanks and send in a tanya....

a tesla walll isnt that hard to defeat... :roll:

Telsa walls are near imppossible to kill if you're the allies. Cause they have no long range weapons. As the soviets its easy just throw in a few V2.

As for the tanya tatic. Why do you think they have flame towers and dogs and all that for??????? ;)