Sign in to follow this  
Mario

A New Pope

Of course the AIDs epidemic will get worse in africa but thatll be mostly due to the large amount of men in africa who rape women of rivial villages or religions knowing that they will give them AIDs. It's not like he orders raids on condom factories.
I could write an entire essay on the subject of the AIDS epidemic including statitics to back up the point, however I will refrain from boring you all with the specifics.

Based on your comment I fear you fail to understand the scale of the AIDS epidemic in Africa especially. The African continent has 10% of the world's population, but 60% of the world's AIDS sufferers, that's 24 million people!

Now you cannot say that there have been 12 million rapes in Africa - that is simply not possible.

What's the difference between Africa and the Western World? We are educated whilst they are not. Everone knows of AIDS and how it is transmitted in Europe & USA, however if you went upto someone in Africa and asked them about AIDS, a majority of hem would not know what you were talking about - they are ignorant of this disease.

AIDS cannot be cured (conspiricy theories aside) it can only be prevented, and the only way to prevent it by the use of barrier contraceptives (i.e. Comdom or Femidom), and so the African people need to be educated about AIDS and suitable contraceptives made available.

How does all this link in with the pope?

Well getting about to educated people is very difficult, however the Catholic church is well established in parts of Africa and so they have a key role educating people - unfortunately if they educate people against condoms there is no way the epidemic will become any better.

If a more liberal pope had been invented, he might have toned down John Paul II's view's against contraception - however this will not happen with a concervative pope.

Well actually it can be a little difficult sometimes detecting humour or sarcasm only through text, specially on a contraversial matter.

Sorry if it seemed like I was directing the arguement towards you, I meant to merely state that there will be people who will pull the HY issue.

it's not a little difficult when there are little anime faces to show the mood of the tone and the fact that i had "lololol" at the end o.o; and i figured it was to everyone in general but i decided to pick on that slight note just in case it wasn't n.n

I didnt mean that all of them were raped I said a large amount of it was. When pope argument doesnt realy have much merit since there is a good chance they wont listen to him even if he was to grant his permission to use condoms as he preaches againt non-martial sex but obviouslly there a large part of the population who ignore his teachings. It always easy to blame one man especialy the pope but he aint the overlord of africa.

o.O; i'm an athist... though i respect other's belief's and gods, and personally believe in leading a nice relatively sin-free life (in the sense of no drinking, no smoking, no doing drugs, not doing anything violent or hurting others. though i can't promise anything on the sex side... although conservative i've got a more interesting track record then most my age)

my theory being thus: if i have a nice, happy life now without causing trouble, i win. if there isn't a god, so be it... i've had a good life. if there is a god, he'll see that compared to a lot of normal people there is nothing wrong with me and i'm a good person, with any luck he'll let me in heaven. either way i've won the first round n.n;

Hey that sounds exactly like something i would say :D

Well actually it can be a little difficult sometimes detecting humour or sarcasm only through text, specially on a contraversial matter.

Sorry if it seemed like I was directing the arguement towards you, I meant to merely state that there will be people who will pull the HY issue.

it's not a little difficult when there are little anime faces to show the mood of the tone and the fact that i had "lololol" at the end o.o; and i figured it was to everyone in general but i decided to pick on that slight note just in case it wasn't n.n

there are the smileys on the left for posting-for us simple minded people who ignore the o.o and such

Now

The Pope could take more action in Africa, HOWEVER, it doesnt all rest on his shoulders, regardless of who he is. Also, people in Africa wont listen to him, there only God knows how many Cristians who dont listen to him.

Whether you believe in whatever or not, something like the AIDs epidemic in Africa is a serious issue that could be better by thousands of other parties other than the Church, so lets not be predjudiced.

AND

If the Pope was part of "A Secret Nazi Conspiracy" there are contegience plans in place to cover for a "possesed" Pope. Similar to what they do if the Pope is in a coma or something. And the Swiss Guard are totaly impartial, but I dont think they would allow a Nazi conspiracy under their noses.

Swiss are totaly impartial :shock: They were the ones who still to this day store nazi gold that was plundered from all over europe and they still wont give it back.

You know, there is one simple way to cure AIDS... the only certain way to avoid infection (barring some other freak incident). That's right, good old fashioned abstinence! Remember the rule now: live like an animal, die like an animal. You will get little sympathy from me.

I wouldn't even entertain idiots who would honestly think the HY membership was an important factor in the Pope's decisions, him along with probably every other German his age served in the HY, he didn't even injure anyone nevermind kill, simply put, the word 'Nazi' and 'Pope' shouldn't even need to be in the same sentence, it's not worth discussing about.

Note, this post wasn't directed at anyone, its just a general opinion on the HY issue.

What is worth discussing about is the Pope's views towards the important issues, frankly I would put it that, I can and will believe in his views (strange way of putting it eh?), however I would be concerned on actually gaining ground in the church by being a little more comprimising.

However, a line has to be drawn, if the Pope was to appeal to the liberal side for example then the Pope isn't standing up for any particular defining Catholic beliefs as liberalism tends to support social comprimising to such a degree that people lose what they stand for.

Also, what would also be interesting to discuss would be your opinions as Catholics and non-Catholics on whether the Pope should swing his weight around the world, is it a good or bad thing for the Pope to try and influence world issues?

...it was a fricking joke -_-; get over the pope-nazi thing now people...

an i use my faces because i have hundreds of them for every mood, expression and tone, compared to the 20-odd there (an whatever else is on the list) which are ones i don't use irl... like the shades one. i *never* think i'm cool oO half of them i can't even identify as real emotional expressions XD;;

I wouldn't even entertain idiots who would honestly think the HY membership was an important factor in the Pope's decisions, him along with probably every other German his age served in the HY, he didn't even injure anyone nevermind kill, simply put, the word 'Nazi' and 'Pope' shouldn't even need to be in the same sentence, it's not worth discussing about.

Note, this post wasn't directed at anyone, its just a general opinion on the HY issue.

What is worth discussing about is the Pope's views towards the important issues, frankly I would put it that, I can and will believe in his views (strange way of putting it eh?), however I would be concerned on actually gaining ground in the church by being a little more comprimising.

However, a line has to be drawn, if the Pope was to appeal to the liberal side for example then the Pope isn't standing up for any particular defining Catholic beliefs as liberalism tends to support social comprimising to such a degree that people lose what they stand for.

Also, what would also be interesting to discuss would be your opinions as Catholics and non-Catholics on whether the Pope should swing his weight around the world, is it a good or bad thing for the Pope to try and influence world issues?

Good analysis Waraddict. I for one am very glad that he is extremely conservative, and think that the whole "progressive" notion is a joke, especially when it comes to the church. The Catholic church is not there to please the latest trend, but to stand as an absolute source of truth and morality. Now the Catholic church regularly falls short of these ideals, but it is great to see steps taken in a positive direction.

..and BTW... what the heck does this mean, mina?

"Mew! warning - feminist anorexic pansexual cosplaying kitty alert! XD"

I get the feminist (:roll:), the anorexic, and the whole cosplay thing... but what on earth does "pansexual" mean?

it's like a bisexual, only pan (latin for everything last time i checked o.O)

basically it means instead of being limited to male or female, i get male, female, intersex (people with both sexual organ sets or none at all, from natural birth defect or surgery), gender fluid (people who feel comfortable in a male or female role and can quite easily slip between each of these roles happily), animals, animate objects, inanimate objects and pretty much everything else. don't get me wrong, i'm not a slut. i'm still a virgin and i go for personality not appearance (one of the main things which would make me a pansexual) though that does not mean i'm going to fall in love with a pencil because i'm crazy XD (though there was that time with the laptop when i was messing with AI programs) uuh basically that explains it all kay? n.n;

:? Okay, hopefully I'll never have need for that word.... :lol:

Yeah BWare, Im for a conservative Pope aswell, the only thing I am slightly concerned about is losing popularity, John Paul II was an excellent example of a conservative Pope who could still be popular despite conservative views that were contraversial to liberals.

I think though, Benedict XVI, if he plays his cards right can become quite popular himself despite his more conservative approach as in person he is a very polite and self-sufficient person, there is alot of stereo-type about his personality due to his strong conservative beliefs.

One things for sure though, he's going to be quite a target for anti-Catholics, that is another concern.

basically it means instead of being limited to male or female, i get male, female, intersex (people with both sexual organ sets or none at all, from natural birth defect or surgery), gender fluid (people who feel comfortable in a male or female role and can quite easily slip between each of these roles happily), animals, animate objects, inanimate objects and pretty much everything else. don't get me wrong, i'm not a slut. i'm still a virgin and i go for personality not appearance (one of the main things which would make me a pansexual) though that does not mean i'm going to fall in love with a pencil because i'm crazy XD (though there was that time with the laptop when i was messing with AI programs) uuh basically that explains it all kay? n.n;

You know, we have a much simpler term for that, something that might clear up this kind of confusion in the fufture: the word is freak. If you can love an animal or an inanimate object in a sexual way, then I am sorry, but there is something wrong with you. I feel the same way about the whole same sex thing, but that is another point for another time.....

Yeah BWare, Im for a conservative Pope aswell, the only thing I am slightly concerned about is losing popularity, John Paul II was an excellent example of a conservative Pope who could still be popular despite conservative views that were contraversial to liberals.

I think though, Benedict XVI, if he plays his cards right can become quite popular himself despite his more conservative approach as in person he is a very polite and self-sufficient person, there is alot of stereo-type about his personality due to his strong conservative beliefs.

One things for sure though, he's going to be quite a target for anti-Catholics, that is another concern.

That is very true Waraddict... it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Me feeling is, though, that with strong leadership like that, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. He will gain support regardless. And even if he doesn't, the ideals of the church and authentic Christianity trump popularity. It is great to see theat the Catholic church still feels that way.

I beleive the proper term for intersex is HEMAPHRODITE

:? That subject seriously has to make this topic one of the strangest contradictions of subjects ever...

You get all types of people showin' up here :?

Meh, well, thats not the discussion over in this here topic, now aint it or not?

Somehow I get the felling that this Pope will either stand up to being as active as John Paul II (not likely) or be completely unexpectedly inactive (in terms of media and traveling and world youth days and such)

a hermaphrodite is only a being with BOTH sexual organs... intersex includes them AND people without any... (that must suck bigtime huh?) and about the Freak thing - now look who is dropping down to slagging off others : that may be some kind of humourus jab to you but to me it hurt... why do it?

don't want to be sarcastic or anything - but should we really get too attached to this pope? i mean 78... nice choice but surely age wise not the best decision : he'll hopefully do a lot of great things and be remembered as a saint :) with any luck anyway

YOU KNOW NOTHING OF THE SOVIET PEOPLE!!! WE SHALL INVADE!!!!

*CAVALRY MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND*

*dresses up in a soviet uniform and sits on her doorstep with a sign saying "secretary for hire" written in 12 different languages on it* o.o; please don't kill me... i work for small amounts of food n.n;;

*dresses up as US army Ranger, digs trench in front of porch, mounts in with 2 60 cal machine guns with a sign written in 12 & 1/2 different languages saying "Your challenge has been accepted. Bring it on!!"*

*watches the trench setting nearby (spare for the slight detail of living in different countries o.o) and shifts awkwardly, a little worried by the whole wearing-a-soviet-uniform-next-to-gun-happy-GI* <<;;;

a hermaphrodite is only a being with BOTH sexual organs... intersex includes them AND people without any... (that must suck bigtime huh?) and about the Freak thing - now look who is dropping down to slagging off others : that may be some kind of humourus jab to you but to me it hurt... why do it?

The "freak" thing wasn't meant as a humorous jab. I mean it. If you can truly feel a sexual attraction to ANYTHING, then yes, you are a freak.

... yeah but why just be mean to me? sure just because i'm different from you why follow the mob mentallity and say "anything different from us we kill"? just tolerate me, i'm not asking for love or friendship, just tolerance n.n;