Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Command & Conquer: The Next Title

Command & Conquer: The Next Title

Developer: EA LA

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Release Date: TBA

What is it?: What we know about this game is that it's in the works. What we don't know is pretty much everything else. We've learned a few other things recently however. We know that EA's VP of Creative Development Louis Castle seems to be very fond of the Tiberium universe in the C&C series so we may see that… but considering the popularity of the Red Alert universe, we're guessing that actually might be where the next game will take place. A recent podcast with Louis Castle and Mike Verdu showed that both are very excited about the possibilities of an RTS MMO (though that's not likely for this next one) as well. However, it wouldn't be surprising to see EA LA build on the things that they've done right with the Battle for Middle-earth franchise. For instance, a strategic world map for a large Red Alert game could be possible. We won't see it released this year, but we may finally learn something as the year progresses.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/687/687925p6.html

Well lets hope something happens then. :D

There is also Starcraft 2 on that page... Now That would probably be even better than a new C&C... :D:P

starcraft 2 being better than a new CNC...

BLASFEMOUS!!...HANG THE TRAITOR lol jk

starcraft was crazy fun...but i'd pick CnC anyday

We won't see it released this year, but we may finally learn something as the year progresses.

Aww, we have already waited too long. :(

Guest MadBadger

Meh, i recon EAs going to make us wait a decade b4 saying :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me, We've been waiting this long. :wink:

As I posted on the main page, lets not jump the gun with this news.

starcraft 2 being better than a new CNC...

BLASFEMOUS!!...HANG THE TRAITOR lol jk

A group of rebels and the Masked Shah stop dead in their tracks. One is carrying a noose, the others carrying rocks.

Masked Shah- What... no hanging??... man sakes alive, ok. Break it up no show here tonight...

The Rebels grip and moan.

Rebel- Man!, and I wanted to try out my new rock today... sheeeeeeeeeet...

what happend to c&c tiberium twilight and c&c red alert 3?

They are both in the making :)

That's for sure

and I'm not even high on this news.

TT and Ra3 will come!

Soviet Blackout kudos on the "Don't Tread on Me" yellow flag...

I'm former Navy, and pay much respect to that flag during the begining of the Iraqi Conflict...

Our ship, USS San Jacinto, was part of the "shock and awe" during the begining of the war, our ships fired tomahawks for 3 weeks...

We would watch them fire outside the ship, and head toward their targets... run downstairs and 15 minutes later watch them blow up live on CNN.

Those were crazy times... Yes Surprise... I'm a Vet... and I'm only 25.

I seen alot of crazy stuff, but I can't tell anyone... I have to write a book about it someday.

But going back on subject

The prospect of a RTS MMO... or a MMORTS... excites me to the Nth degree.

I am a professional MMORPGer, and RTS Vetern...(MMOs and RTSs are the only games I play) put the two together... my head may pop.

Command & Conquer the MMORTS...

I call dibs on the evil factions!!!

you gotta wait 50 years before you can do that and whats the dont tread on me flag about anyways?

you gotta wait 50 years before you can do that and whats the dont tread on me flag about anyways?

Ooooo a Chance to Educate!!!!

History:

one.jpg

It originated in a cartoon Benjamin Franklin did about unify all the colonies...

First flown aboard a Colonial Troop ship on January 4th, 1776

This was the flag of the American Colonies at the time of the American Revolution against England.

It features a rattlesnake above the warning, "DON'T TREAD ON ME". The rattlesnake had become a traditional symbol of the American Colonies. The most obvious reason for this is that the rattlesnake was only found in the American Colonies (and in abundance, to the dismay of settlers) and nowhere else in the world. The origin of the slogan (Don't Tread On Me) pertains to the snake's deadly strike and the idea that it is best to leave them alone.

The snake on the flag is also roughly arranged in the shape of the American Colonies with the tip of the tail being the Florida peninsula and the head being New England.

Why it's a big deal to me NAVY-wise...

This powerful American symbol was used by the Continental Navy in 1775 and is being used again by the U.S. Navy in the War on Terrorism.

It's original status of flag, was to let everyone know that this flag is in war/battle status... a sort of "Don't **** with me" flag...

Because after all the snake does not strike until provoked, a method embodied in the phrase “Don't tread on me”.

Before May 31, 2002, it was issued to the ship with the longest active duty in the US fleet...

But now it's on every ship... which bring me to...

Why it's a big deal to me THE REAL REASON

By an instruction dated May 31, 2002, the Secretary of the Navy directed all United States Navy ships to fly this flag in honor of those killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks.

I could tell you about the NYPD badge story... but I'll save it for another time...

Like I said... saving it for a book.

EDIT:

move along, back on subject...

a MMORTS would so rule the day...

um, ok.. then..

Shrugs at MadderMadcat and continues back his normal routine

Well, we can still hope for the best since that all that's left

well even if shah is wrong..that flag kiks butt...

recently i got a message about crazy 911 things:

Verse 9.11 of the Quran

For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. he wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace.

BACK ON TOPIC--------------------------

A CNC MMORTS!? holy crap........imagine...

How can I be wrong, I was on a ship with that flag....

How can I be wrong....

are you serious? It's like saying asking a Store Clerk if he knows how to count...

ok maybe in Brooklin... Clerks don't know how to count...

but none the less...

I'm insulted. I know you didn't intented for me to be, so I'm just going to drop it.

Well, we can still hope for the best since that all that's left

and its not much......unless....they pull TT outa thin air (and we're talking very veyr thin here-aka, it aint happeneing)

back to your lives people, back to EAW :wink:

EDIT:

recently i got a message about crazy 911 things:

Verse 9.11 of the Quran

For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. he wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace.

BACK ON TOPIC--------------------------

A CNC MMORTS!? holy crap........imagine...

A: Shah aint wrong

B: Ironic......very

Heh Masked Shah I got it off that link in my signature. Muslim world making them look worse. But I did know about the other cartoon and this one before the video, I just stole the image. :P

History rules doesn't Shah? Making a 99 in it. :P

Now on topic: C&C MMORTS? Pfft.

C&C MMORTS-impartial. It would be cool, but of course, theres always the old school side of us to fuel....ah what the heck. Do it :D

Well they do have MMOFPS, and they are out there...

and if they could turn Sims into a MMO... maybe the can make a world map, a team vs team thing...

I dunno...

Toying with that thought, I don't really expect a MMORTS