Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Bringing the Community Together...

Guest Rabbit

I have just released a special podcast. This is something I want everyone around the community to listen to, because it affects EVERY one of you, and it involves EVERY one of you.

This podcast is about bringing the community together. I want to end our fighting, end our bickering, end our hatred towards EA, each other, and even Command & Conquer. It would really make me happy if you at least took the time to sit down, take 15 minutes out of your time, and just listen.

To listen to the First CNCNZ.com Special Podcast, take a look at the Podcast section, or take a look at the exact thread in our forums.

Rather pointless, really. Every gaming community like this, (i.e. hyping a long-awaited game in an old franchise) is exactly the same, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. People have vastly different opinions, and these opinions (more often than not) conflict with one another. Trust me, there's nothing specifically wrong with the current C&C community. It's just the way things are.

And there are reasons for people disliking EA, and it's not just because they closed down Westwood Studios. That's not to say, however, that bashing every piece of information released just because it's EA's work, is the right thing to do. Myself? I'm going to give them this chance to prove to me that they can create a damn good game.

Well to tell the truth this is the first game I have really cared to follow on line about, this much.

I would of never thought so many people would feel this much over a game, granted its a great game with a good story but wow......

To tell the truth I find myself woundering about the human side of this game then the game its self....IE the people who are makeing it and how they are doing.

I know that EA wants this to happen. Aaron Kaufman has had this discussion with me about trying to bridge the gap between the Veteran community and Gamereplays.org, plus the bridging of understanding between EA and the community as a whole.

But this community is like any community, or the whole world populace. There are going to rebels who want to start fights, and commit other wrongs. This is the way the world works, no one will change that. I told Aaron exactly this, but he believes change can happen.

I'm not pessimistic all the time, but pigs will fly, North Korea will disarm their nukes, and George Bush will get another term in office before everyone in the C&C community will go along with such ideals.

I know Aaron wants us to enforce this as community leaders. But to endorse something so blatently futile is a waste of time and effort on everyone's part. And sure you can say to me that my attitude does not help matters, but it's an adoption of a realist attitude, not something that is visionary.

Now I dont know about any of us showing resentment to EA for shutting down Westwood, but fans just want information.

It is always up to the veterans to correct the mislead peoples of the n00bs to the C&C universe and tell them that this makes sense and this does not.

I understand that you want brothers and sisters united, but there will always be a stupid opinion.

But hey, Im not going anywhere and i will always be here to support C&C as the game it is (even if I have to share a little critisicm).

well if they want to enforce it into the community they should start in the EA forums, because that is where the main problem is, it is not fun at all to look in the EA forums. hell I have only done 8 post's and there has been so many attacks at me for being myself. (grammar/spelling was not attacked) if the cleansing is going to start then it has to start there. and start to work.

I say start over. Tell EA to wipe the community clean and we go and move in. Sounds like a plan to me. 8)

Zee, I just signed up cause I've listened to your podcast, and I just hope you remember who I am.

I just wanna say something to this community thing.

We, Chinese Community, had the same problem as you still have. well I'm not really so active in German community, thus I can't compare both chinese and german community, but I try to compare my community and yours. When Westwood was shut down or "fused with EA Pacific" by EA, everyone was shocked, all dirty words were used to abuse, to blame EA.

A joke from my boss was: Westwood is like your wife, you can do everything outside, when you come back home, she will always serve you at best; Petroglyph is a mistress, not as good as a wife, but still a sweet heart. EA is a b*tch, you can treat her whatever you want as long as you pay for her.

I am quite happy now because we didn't fullfill this joke to our basic idea of reporting.

Maybe we just also report about Petroplyph, and the community noticed that Petro didn't make game that can really convince us not to continue to damn EA.

As King said there are all kinds of people around the world, and the community is just like a miniature of this world. We still have people, too, who's angry at EA. BUT they are just a minority of us.

And most of our people are such enthused, I just read a topic hours before, someone said that he dreamed about playing CNC3. :D

A joke from my boss was: Westwood is like your wife, you can do everything outside, when you come back home, she will always serve you at best; Petroglyph is a mistress, not as good as a wife, but still a sweet heart. EA is a b*tch, you can treat her whatever you want as long as you pay for her.

The British say German humour is far from funny! As a married man I have to severely prove that wrong, that was damn funny! :haha:

That's a great first impression you've laid down. Let me be the first to welcome you to the forums...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm glad you agree with my statement, no matter how much you try and defend this so-called hippy movement, there will always be a somewhat strong majority that'll agree that this is more fantasy than probable accomplishment.

As for your statement about people being enthused. I know for a fact that in Germany, it's hard for people to be nothing less than enthused. German people are the biggest nuts about RTS gaming and that is strongly proved through the sales figures. More people in Germany buy strategy games than any other country on earth! And for a country of said size, that is extremely impressive stuff!

true I think that they rule, they every time i play a German online I get owned but I at lest enjoy the game.

......there is a big, huge misunderstand...

I STAND FOR A CHINESE COMMUNITY.

the joke was also from my boss in CHINA.

I'm just living in Germany now.

And I have really not many thing to do with german Community. BUT they had always some exclusive news that you don't have. for example there was HD Video of CNC3 Gameplay recorded in Leipzig during the GamesConvention with commentation of Mike Verdu, I had never seen this Video in any other sites but german and mine naturally.

I must agree that there is also a big fan base in German, In CNC-Source Top 100 site German sites aren't for nothing in first places.

Well anyway, welcome to CNCNZ.

I think this is great now because CNCNZ can hear from the different communities all around the world.

Guest Rabbit

I don't know what to say. I try one thing... ONE attempt at helping the community. And instead of trying to support it, instead of actually trying to help, I get a couple people who I trust the most shoving this thing down my throat. This is complete bull****. Give it a chance, for gods sake. Give it a ****ing chance. Don't just assume that it will never work and reject the idea as a whole, at least try to give it some support, instead of confirming the fact that you are the people who bring down the god damn mood around the community.

I can't believe some of you...

I mean, come on King, you're supposed to be one of the top community leaders. At least try to help the god damn community you're being a part of...

(when I say EA what I mean are the suits and sponsers not the people who really are doing all the work ie game makers,artist ect ect)

Lets all look at it this way, its been what?

Ten years since a new command and conquer game has come out?

In that ten to seven odd years there was nothing, NOW there is something and to tell the truth I have to concore in less words then so many we all should just be happy that the game in moveing once more in some sorta dircetion....there is a hart beat and its alive....butt.

With that being said, the thing zee you got to understand is that each and every one of us here if they know it or not is the BOSS of EALA Inc and we will be the ones to make or brake this game not EA not there sponsers not joe kucan but us.

The thing that gets to me with said subject is I get the feeling that EA (not the game makers them selfs) dose not or cares not with the fact that command and conquer3 and the future game hangs with us and thats something to be respected, due to the wounders of the internets (as you have already noticed) once a few starts screaming the rest will listen and most already know about and EA has a bad habit of not patching its games and what not other services, not becuse the people makeing the games don't care its becuse the suits streach there human rescorces to thin, wanting the the game makers there to pump out game after game giveing them not time to completly finish the other products.

Such things are facts on this matter, every body knows it and it wavers people away and makes them uncertin.

But I belive EA and EALA know they have a big stake in this and the game will be the best Command and Conquer to date!

Hmmm... Podcast yes...

Maybe I will take adavantage and post a Masked Shah's Review with web-cammy.

MAHAHAHAHA!!!

well I have one of the two during forces on this topic (Zee Hypnotist) and I have been watching the forums and people are starting to give EA a break in this. and starting to be really supportive. a lot of the really high posters are Siding with you Zee Hypnotist, so we shall keep pushing this topic along until we get somewhere.

Comander Starlin

I mean, come on King, you're supposed to be one of the top community leaders. At least try to help the god damn community you're being a part of...

I've been through all this with Aaron, and he got wound up about it too. Don't get me wrong, I'd love the community to come together sure I would. But it's like trying to convert the entire world to democracy, world peace or even the Christian Faith. Sure you can try your hardest, and you may sway many people. But you're not gonna get a community of literally thousands to support the same notion.

It's a fact of life and we have to live with that. If it's going to work, we as forum admin and moderators alike would have to enforce a non-democratic stance by silencing those who hold opinions against the ideals you're trying to enforce. And that my friend is edging on dictatorship.

(snip)

It's a fact of life and we have to live with that. If it's going to work, we as forum admin and moderators alike would have to enforce a non-democratic stance by silencing those who hold opinions against the ideals you're trying to enforce. And that my friend is edging on dictatorship.

That's nonsense - you don't have to become a forum dictator to turn the vibe around.

I think the point of this thread is that surely community leaders such as yourself should be at least attempting to build up the community rather than pull it down with a constant flow of negative or pessimistic posts.

You make a post earlier in the thread that this is 'futile' and I think this particularly is the attitude that is frustrating for us C&C 'moderates*'. In that you won't even try, you've given up before you started.

This is where you are a leader in name but not in action

-gben

*Moderates who will judge C&C3 on it's own merits, and try to think the best of EA and it's intentions - even though we may have had bad experiences before.

I have to say, this is a HUGE change of view by you since 6 months ago :nod:

I'm pretty much in the middle, as I started around Red Alert, but I never really enjoyed the original C&C. I guess because I played it after Red Alert, so it seemed like a repeat, though it wasn't. I really enjoy all of the games, but ZH is more fun to me, just because of the new generals abilities, upgrades, etc.

I agree with the "n00bs" in that ZH seems more fun than the older ones, as it should, but also with the "veterans", as I really wish EA would resurrect the old, much harder AI of C&C, RA, and TS.

Seriously people, just stop getting pissed/pissing people off over differences, and try to ****ing enjoy C&C 3, instead of getting mad over one thing or another. Think, is it REALLY helping anyone? No. And I don't mean helping your anger; that's what punching bags are for :roll:

Just give it a chance, and try to revive the community of old.

While you're doing that, get ready for :cnc3: :D

Guest Rabbit

See King? More people support it than you'd expect.

and as a community here we should all get behind it, supporting this cause can help bring in numbers and it can also help with being the best fan site, but I just think we need help the new generation, hay we are the granddaddies here, lets help the new gen. oh and by the way we made fount page on Planet C&C.