Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Alien Communication Decyphered!

Remember the 3rd Faction logo, and that strange mysterious text around the edges? Have you been scratching your head wondering what it says? Well you can wonder no longer, forum member Comander Starlin provided the Alien Alphabet, and with the help of staff member and fellow Podcaster Zee Hypnotist to decode it, the text has been cracked in this forum thread!!

The text reads as follows: "The third faction wishes you a merry christmas and a happy new year"

No doubt then this isn't the final faction insignia. I imagine the text will be changed further down the line to represent a more sinister message. Unless in the world of 2047, the alien invasion is one big Christmas present for the human race! Who knows? We can only wait and find out!

Guest Rabbit

Haha, one big Christmas Present? LOL

I don't go into that place. Official gaming forums are the worst places to be, no matter how much information is posted there.

Bah, it's a fun place actually.

Oh just great, they're Christian aliens... Now we're really screwed! :P

I'm more interested in the fact raised in another thread. The middle part of the 3rd faction logo looks like the Temple of Nod.

cnc3_third_faction_s.jpgnt_03.jpg

Hmm interesting. As for the EA forums i have no intention of going there. The official petroglyph forums are good though

i'll just stick with CNCNZ more than good enough for me

Those two pictures combine quite well, but what would the tower on the ToN be in the symbol? Is that just the unique part to the tower, representing the scorpion stinger we see in every Nod logo?

Hmmm that is an interesting connection.

I always looked at it as a giant spider or bug, yet still hopefully that the scrin arent just a bunch of bugs.

Meh, it still looks cool, and its residing as my desktop right now :P

all someone did on the EA forums was post the link to the site that had the translator. but the site was in Hungerian. and as of the time i posted the alphabet no one had translated it.

so we were not late to the game on this.

:D

Guest Rabbit

No, someone DID actually translate it. I saw it myself.

well how come i never noticed it when i posted it. i had gone through all the ea topics on it, before i posted the alphabet

What sucks is that I thought it would be something amazing once it actually was revealed. Like, it would say something about the Scrin or something, not something stupid like "The third faction wishes you a merry christmas."

And for the record, I'm still Jewish. :P

I'm more interested in the fact raised in another thread. The middle part of the 3rd faction logo looks like the Temple of Nod.

cnc3_third_faction_s.jpgnt_03.jpg

I have a theory for this.

If Kane is an alien, then his influence from his home planet may have caused him to build the temple of Nod in a similar way.

It has been speculated many times in the past at many different forums about Kane's origins. Those speculations including things such as Kane being snatched up by the Scrin or having been created by them to carry out thier will on Earth and to prepare it for their coming, others wondered about Cabal's cloning tanks, which were loaded with 'Kanes' at the end of the Nod campaign on FS.