Sign in to follow this  
PunWisp

play any TCG games?

if someoen lists a card game, no one just come in and say " oh you little noob kid, that agme is for losers!' crap

i used to play yugioh, bot now i play

magic: the gathering

if you play any TCG games what are your opinions on them?

I used to play the Pokemon TCG but they started releasing too much ****. I couldn't keep up. It was fun while it lasted though.

i used to play pokemon TCG still got the cards also used to play Yu Gi Oh well never actually played cause ive never had any1 to play agaisnt would still love to duel someone

I never really played em just kinda collected the cards, Magic: The Gathering cards, Pokemon cards, started Yugioh or whatever then just said know what? screw all this and stopped any card collecting, except for baseball cards...

really whats the point in baseball cards?? all you do is put them in a box... its pointless, you dont even play with em o.o

What's the point of playing cards.. They're fads and they die out. Besides, they're not that interactive of games. Oh, my card has more hitpoints, take it bitch! I've never saw the potentional in them besides a money-investment.

I collected the rarer pokemon cards to put 'em in a book to never been seen again. I haven't bought a single card of anything since I was 8. Also baseball cards are collectibles and they gain a lot more value than just Pokemans/YoGiOh/etc.

Baseball cards are forever, Pokemans and the like is a fad.

Question though to those who play, where do you play these things? The people at my high school that do play them... they get joked on and crap while playing it. Don't see why they bother playing if people interfere and laugh at them.

Cards = Fail..

Now back in the good old days, marbles was where it was at!

Poker is the Game of the games!

I liked Pokemon and Magic the Gathering when I was younger...

I always liked marbles but no one else did so that kinda died...

What's the point of playing cards.. They're fads and they die out.

HAHAHA i laughed so hard at this, MTG(magic the gathering) has been around more then 15 years body.... thats older then any C&C game... older then 2/5 of the gaming community...

Also

playing cards is just as bad and good as playing a game on computer or game system.... its entertainment body... its all the same....

one time I agree with Punwisp, sorta... sure the games are just like any other and stuff but IMHO they do get old after a bit, like Pokemon, except no one played it cause no one really understood it but they just hung around and traded the cards and stuff, and back in my day there were only 150 Pokemon :)

magic the gathering is the oldest and number one TCG game, still its intertainment

to some pple it gets old but other play it nonstop or just still play it and dont get bored

What's the point of playing cards.. They're fads and they die out.

HAHAHA i laughed so hard at this, MTG(magic the gathering) has been around more then 15 years body.... thats older then any C&C game... older then 2/5 of the gaming community...

Also

playing cards is just as bad and good as playing a game on computer or game system.... its entertainment body... its all the same....

Truth is I laugh when I hear of card games besides poker now.

oh btw: The only reason people know about the gathering thing now is it's coming back. Hello, it was a fad 15 YEARS ago. Revived just now. yay. So it's old. Things go through revivals. That's why there's a name for revivals. :)

I loved Magic: The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh! before... But I sold my rare cards, for a whopping 8,772 pesos (or $208)... Now I collect Warhammer 40,000 miniatures instead... They're much more fun.

umm revived? um no it never died, only when yugioh, pokemon came out, there were times when pple saw "oh thats cool" and switch games, and some pple didnt like the older MTG art, now theres new art and such and pple are getting back into it, now that yugioh english creators are ruining the game, and pokemon keeps getting too many rules and such, and any card can be a holo

with MTG you get more out of a pack then you do with any other....

also crazy there have been over 34 different sets, and around 4 dozen different starter decks, and just one card in any of the starter decks can eb worth 20 dollars, while others maybe a few dollars, depending on how old it is, maybe 10.

plus MTG requires you to have your own formula, while others you dont really dont.

anyway ill stop ranting on about it.

pple are allowed to have there opinions, like you have your opinion, sounds like you despise TCG games, also remember this is about TCG not regular cards.

umm revived? um no it never died, only when yugioh, pokemon came out, there were times when pple saw "oh thats cool" and switch games

Yea then it did... And you just said it. Everyone jumped ship and everyone started doing it again back to the gathering thing, it's becoming revived. And Pokemans popularity and crap was due to it being a TV show I'd bet.

pple are allowed to have there opinions, like you have your opinion, sounds like you despise TCG games, also remember this is about TCG not regular cards.

I never heard of MTG until I started seeing the commercials recently, which are actually kind of laughable. Some 21 year old guys, that look hip and trendy and some hot chicks...

Anyways, I know they're not regular cards. Regular cards > the pokemans/tcg w/e

tcg=trading card game, just so you know

and thats not what revived means... it just means MTG improved on a few things and lot of pple got tired of other games

also stop posting so damn fast lol, everytime i go back to forum you posted agian >.<

tcg=trading card game, just so you know

and thats not what revived means... it just means MTG improved on a few things and lot of pple got tired of other games

Mm, knew it was odd when I was typing it, meant MTG.

Anyways, yes... That's what revived means. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Revival

People lost interested, jumped ship to Pokemans/Yo Ge Ow and then once MTG got revived they're starting to go back.

It's not a slam or anything, I don't see the point in arguing it much, but it was revived. All the kids (mostly the weird ones :S) at my school played Yo Ge Oh (hehe, we'd sit with them with Pokeman cards and it kind of pissed them off) and I bet this year they'll play this "MTG".

Hmph. I'd rather play Warhammer 40,000 nowadays, more strategy involved... :roll:

I prefer poker myself theres a more mathematical element to it, a game that requires skill and judgement as well as blind luck. It's perhaps the only card game worth playing. :wink:

guys..... this topic isnt about regular cards.... its about TCG cards... poker isnt TCG...

It's still a card game though, and the most popular. TCGs fail in its wake.

"TCG card games" please stay on topic, talking about other cards games nto related to TCG is off topic