Sign in to follow this  
PunWisp

Universe At War

Guest Spartan-117²
Ooo Oooo, Alphabear am I in the credits? :D

Could you check prutty please? :)

whats Prutty supposed to mean?

Guest Rabbit

Seriously, do you have to post EVERY question or comment that comes into your head? I'm tired of threads going off topic because you have to be stupid about EVERYTHING.

whats Prutty supposed to mean?

Its just pretty, with the e replaced with a u, so it changes the sound of the word. ;)

Just checked and yes your in there, 6 below me.

Seriously, do you have to post EVERY question or comment that comes into your head? I'm tired of threads going off topic because you have to be stupid about EVERYTHING.

What do you mean by that? What are you implying??? :P

I feel sad about USAF :(

Stupid talk is sometimes better than no talk.

This is scary, there is more UaW discussion going on here and so very little (well none actually) going on at a site built around UaW.... http://www.petro-gamers.com.

Not scary, just funny. I think it's an indication that everyone is playing not talking about it.

But seriously the demo didn't do much for me, I think though the demo was purely to show the walkers in action. I understand the comments about it being useless... the restricted research/upgrade really ruined it for me. Maybe a skirmish map/mode would've been better?

I really did like the 'brace for impact' line in the briefing though!

I kinda had trouble with the short-cut/groupings, but that's another story... I was kinda suprised the hero was 'heroic' and not 'evil' for the hierachy... if that makes sense to anyone.

In terms of best game... it's certainly the most original, and it gets props for pulling off a truely original concept. But first impression still leans to C&C3 for enjoyability (but this is based on demo only.)

I guess UAW gets the critics award, and C&C3 gets the commercial success... or the Golden Globe goes to UAW, and C&C3 gets the MTV 'best kiss' (I was going to say the oscar - but this is better).

:)

Still it's a guaranteed purchase from me... just when it's cheaper.

Just import it from the US. Worked out cheaper for me

Well cheaper, means half-price!!!

How much did you pay Alpha-bear? I wasn't paying attention, is it not released over here yet? Is that why I haven't seen any copies in the shops?

It comes out over here next month. I'm just going to wait till then. I can't be bothered importing it now... Doesn't sound as great as I thought it was going to be... But we'll see in a month anyway.

Nah its not released here yet. The cheapest i could find for release in Australia was $90. Importing it cost me about $68

The UaW demo a very small taste of the bigger UaW pie. There are so many layers of depth in UaW, people are just to dumb and lazy to find them all. Its not your dumb s***, stripped down gameplay that is served up in C&C 3, you know where every game is the same old routine.

How could you not enjoy customizing your giant walkers and crushing the crap out of your opponent. Then when its your turn to try take down a walker is gets even better!

This is scary, there is more UaW discussion going on here and so very little (well none actually) going on at a site built around UaW.... http://www.petro-gamers.com.

Was the swearing really necessary? After all, CnC was never different and at no time meant to be different than CnC3 is. Its a highly enjoyable polished classic RTS, with a lengthy campaign and a very high coolness factor, respectively a superb entry point for RTS newcomers as well. Simple, but superb in what it tries to do. And as the people have to be open to UaW, it also applies to CnC3. There are various ways you can play the game in skirmish or campaign, outside the "FTW!" online community, which i did it for 6 long months, and i rarely play. Sometimes games are supposed to be just entertainment.

UaW on the other hand started on completely different terms. Its all about variety, customization and strategy and delivers better than any game in this respect (Starcraft the RTS with the most distinct races? Yeah, and my name is Kane). However, innovation isnt everything. I wont pass any judgement before i somehow get to play the full version, but the demo and the beta didnt impress me enough, altough it reinforced how well and diverse the factions are thought out and made (Not that i ever doubted UaW in that respect) . I found the overall design (mission and visual-wise) and atmosphere to be lacking in the demo. However, no matter what, yes, the walkers and Franks music pawns. But the critics seem to have a point, and exactly what theyre critisizing is why id want to play it.

I just read the gamespot review of UAW... not a very good one.

I was laughing about the delayed release here in Australia. It's nice to know that the entire continent of USA is being used to beta test the game before the release down here.

I see some of the concerns (like camera zoom) are being worked on, so hopefully by the time I pick up a copy - everything that can be done has been done, and they're just focussed on balance patching.

Well I can hope.

I just read the gamespot review of UAW... not a very good one.

I was laughing about the delayed release here in Australia. It's nice to know that the entire continent of USA is being used to beta test the game before the release down here.

I see some of the concerns (like camera zoom) are being worked on, so hopefully by the time I pick up a copy - everything that can be done has been done, and they're just focussed on balance patching.

Well I can hope.

Again, the camera really isn't much of a problem at all. Sure it would be better zoomed out farther, but I don't think it takes away from gameplay at all.

Well I can hope.

All they need to do is ditch the Windows live system. :) Cause "custom lobbies" without chat options or name options kinda kills online gaming a bit...

Do not expect Petroglyph to defeat the ignorance that's between you and UaW.

ooouu missed that one :P

well.. It's the same thing as EAW right? ( I know just with new races better graphics and new music)

but going into the bones of the game it's quite the same thing right?

Far from it! :naughty:

Universe at War couldn't be further from Empire at War.... The only similarity it has is the name. And while it may use the same Engines, it's vastly improved.

Would you Regard C&C 3 to be the same thing as Generals?

Thought not. Same rule applies here.

Hardly. UaW is way more different than EaW in comparison to C&C3 being different than Generals.

em... TW is Generals with Tiberium, GDI, Nod and the Scrin. >_>

And a story, trademark units, FMVs, better design, a unique build system and atmosphere...

And a story, trademark units, FMVs, better design, a unique build system and atmosphere...

Naturally but the game still plays like Generals.