It wont. And frankly, im not put off by merely a name. And yes, lets hope the gameplay, story and diversity will be good.

The name isn't great, but to be honest there aren't many developers these days who are going to throw time and money at working titles. I've noticed though that this is the first game in the franchise to not directly link itself to Command & Conquer. The names of the games have always had command & Conquer as a main title, and then the game's name as a subtitle.

But EA aren't a company that are going to go with tradition. I can understand them wanting to make a game that's entirely away from Westwood interpretations as possible. I think it's the fans that have kept some of the fiction to its roots, even if C&C Canon is now a complete waste of time.

Well thats your opinion :P

EA took a great deal of inspiration from WW with both TW and Tiberium, imho, and the main gameplay is as close to CnC as concept as it gets.

It looks a little too much like the plethora of other sci-fi shooters that are either already out there or on the way. At some point, these Crysis suits and Master Chiefs all start to look alike. If it works out, I'd like to see them expand into some Yellow/Blue Zone combat that would be more of a hybrid between a modern warfare like CoD4 and sci-fi titles.

It's C&Cs niche - a hybrid of near-future warfare and sci-fi elements. Veer too far in one direction (Generals-contemporary warfare) or the other (Tib Sun-pure sci-fi) and the games lose a lot of their unique appeal.

Its quite in-between actually :)

See my points at petro why i think its unique :)

Hmm...so it is confirmed that Tiberium is the final name for the game title? And there is no "Command & Conquer" attached to it?

I somehow doubt they won't try to whack the C&C name onto it somehow. Unless they're going to do something even more lame and introduce it everytime like this..

From the creators of Command And Conquer, comes Tiberium!

Well regardless of what the issue is, I would like to know what the conscious decision is not to tac the Command & Conquer branding onto it.

Perhaps APOC would send Zonerunner this way for an explanation.

I am perplexed as to why it doesnt have a C&C title. Even Generals managed to get C&C wedged infront of it. Problem is though (not so much a problem really, just a 'thing') is that if were to be called C&C:Tiberium seems to much like C&C:Tiberium Wars, which was a crap title imo anyway.

I myself am thinking that they'll probably do a Halo with this game. EA calls it a new Franchise and hasn't uttered that it's part of the "C&C franchise"... So I think they're offsetting and creating a Tiberium Trilogy. Who know's EA might be wanting to finish off the Tiberian Saga altogether by creating 2 more RTS games. Then 2 more Tiberium FPS games.... Then somewhere along the line, do RA3... then after this the franchise is theirs for the taking completely.

You know what would be the most Ironic thing they could do. Is if they announce the full title as "Medal of Honour: Tiberium"

Oh how I would laugh! :lol:

Nothing will ever be better than Renegade in the FPS genre. << My opinion. Just so you don't get your brain hurting, Punwisp.

QFT...Renegade is an amazing game, and that would be amazing if Tiberium was able to rival Ren :D

Well regardless of what the issue is, I would like to know what the conscious decision is not to tac the Command & Conquer branding onto it.

Perhaps APOC would send Zonerunner this way for an explanation.

I'm pretty sure (think I heard it on one of the video podcasts, or mabye Game Informer) that they want to branch it off to start a new 'series' of games... ;)

and MOH: Tiberium would be pretty funny lol...

Edited by F15pilotX

QFT...Renegade is an amazing game, and that would be amazing if Tiberium was able to rival Ren :D

I'm pretty sure (think I heard it on one of the video podcasts, or mabye Game Informer) that they want to branch it off to start a new 'series' of games... ;)

and MOH: Tiberium would be pretty funny lol...

Yes I'm also interested in the rationale behind losing the C&C name. Hopefully Zonerunner can work on that quickly. Generals is a good point, maybe Tiberium is reflection of the fans outcry?

So any guesses for Tiberium 2 and 3's name?

I challenge you to come up with a name more boring than EA!

:)

I am beginning to get the impression that we will never see an end to the Tiberium series of games and that the story will get ever progressively worse and possibly end up like watching a Jason or Freddy film.

And for game names for the 'Tiberium' series:

Tiberium: Vega's *insert any generic/boring word you want*

eg: Tiberium: Vega's Victory/Crusade/War/Rampage/Doctrine/generic/boring/dreary/mind-numbing.

If we're looking at a new Franchise, then it's going to take the Unreal route.

Tiberium Tournament FTW! That would actually be pretty cool in some respects :P

If we're looking at a new Franchise, then it's going to take the Unreal route.

Tiberium Tournament FTW! That would actually be pretty cool in some respects :P

Tiberium Tournament... that would make my day :)

Tiberium Tournament...

nice one saracen!

i'm lovin' it!

Although this is probably not going to be the case i would like to have all 3 factions with theyre cnc 3 units and structures this would be god but things like these take a lot of hard work to do... they could also make an expansion later for kanes wrath units,wouldn´t the marv in multyplayer fps be awsome? it would be total armagedon..this is very hard to do but it doesent mean that they can go and **** it all up.Its probably gonna be like this:you are a commando you buy a squad(missle infantary,rifle infantary etc...) maybee buy some vheicles and then BOOM!!!!!although i dont recal the mech being in the cnc series unless its a wolverine or a titan,i also hope that vheicles are part of your arsenal and not part of your squad(wich is hard to belive)

Edited by wet645