Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Roundtable Discussion #4: The New Year Edition

Its the fourth edition of the Roundtable Discussion, and first of the new year, here on CNCNZ.com. I think this edition is even bigger than last month. Roundtable Discussion #4 covers such topics such as, 2007 Highlights, C&C in 2008, Tiberium Reaction, Tiberium & Modding and Scrin Sub Factions. Listed below are the people participating on the panel for this month.

for stepping in late and tackling each question. English is not his first language but that didn't stop him.

Oh cool *goes reading*

First thought: A fan BCPT would be really neat!

Second thought: Didnt expect that Tiberium is that welcome.

Third thought: While i dont like how most sub-factions are infantry-based, i dont think that theyre based on the same.

I guess the Cypher dude didn't get the memo about 2-3 sentences? :P I like it a lot, especially since I am in it this time. :)

Two or 3 sentences was a sort of guidelines. If you have more to talk about that specific subject, I don't see why you shouldn't talk a bit more. As long as it doesn't become a mega dissertation, boring to read, it is not a problem. At least, I see no harm on what Cypher did, because I did the same thing.

Yeah 2-3 sentences is more of minimum acceptance thing. So I don't get answers back that are short and pointless.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, we just don't like to see:

What do you think was the greatest highlight of 2007 in the C&C community?

Tiberium Wars.

good roundtable folks.

Always nice to hear what the head peeps on the community thinks.

and good questions Sonic.

Guest Rabbit

Remember, we're always open to letting you guys suggest questions to put in the round table discussion. So if you have any that you think are good, feel free to PM them to Sonic. ;)

Yeah 2-3 sentences is more of minimum acceptance thing. So I don't get answers back that are short and pointless.

Ah, I thought it was more of a maximum thing because you didn't want big long paragraphs, but okay.

aha; a fan-made BCPT... that would be a treat. Zee you need to do a tiberium legos BCPT!!!

nice roundtable, as always.

and nice to hear from our prodigal leader Saracen. Obviously absence makes the heart grow fonder, he wasn't so grumpy this time!

I'm never grumpy :P

I believe the words you're looking for are "Heavily Critical". But I do stand by my words. Tiberium could be seriously cool. But it does need to be done right.

However I'd imagine Tiberium being a lot more faithful to what C&C 3 is than Renegade was to Tiberian Dawn. So really it's gonna take quite a bit for EA to F this one up!

However I'd imagine Tiberium being a lot more faithful to what C&C 3 is than Renegade was to Tiberian Dawn. So really it's gonna take quite a bit for EA to F this one up!

I'm sure they'll manage it somehow :P

But anyway nice roundtable.

The concept the game is magnificent, and far closer to CnCs basic idea as Renegade was, but it really depends on how much content and variety there will be in, how dense the atmosphere, how deep the story, how branching the strategy.

I would like it more if it were a renegade 2 instead of a whole new genre, but I guess this will be awesome too.

I would like it more if it were a renegade 2 instead of a whole new genre, but I guess this will be awesome too.

I think this will be a great game, but I'm more dissapointed that it doesn't follow on from TW rather than Renegade. As much as I loved ALL parts of Renegade... SP & MP. (Well I mean directly in the TW universe like Renegade did.)

TIBERIUM, is a definite must-have, but whether it's a must-re-play we'll wait and see.

(I hope they do actually include the C&C in the official title, even if it's refered to only as Tiberium.)