Sonic

Kane's Wrath Has Gone Gold

Its official, Kane's Wrath has gone gold. The game is finished and its now on its way to manufacturing for duplication and distribution. Here is the full press release.

Kane Lives! COMMAND & CONQUER 3: KANE'S WRATH Has Gone Gold

Thirteen new story-driven missions, six new diverse sub-factions, powerful, game changing epic-units and the golden ticket to experience the most anticipated RTS game of the year in the Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 beta - what more could a Command & Conquer fanatic ask for?

Well, the wait is almost over. Today, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath has officially gone gold - players will be returning to the Third Tiberium War on March 26th ! With a storyline that spans over two decades, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath features over 30 minutes of new high-definition live-action movies starring an all-new Hollywood cast including Natasha Henstridge ( Species ), Carl Lumbly ( Alias ) and, of course, Joe Kucan as the titular icon, Kane.

"Kane's Wrath gives us a great opportunity to fill some holes in the storyline from Tiberium Wars that our fans have been clamoring to uncover," said Jim Vessella, lead producer on the title. The team is confident Kane's Wrath will deliver the trademark fast, fluid and fun gameplay of all C&C games, much like its predecessor, the best-selling RTS of 2007* and widely-acclaimed** Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars .

"We know the community's going to have a blast playing the game and we can't wait to see how players utilize the new epic-units and other toys from the six new sub-factions."

Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath will also be coming to the Xbox 360 this summer, featuring an all new radial interface that continues to further evolve the console RTS experience. As a standalone title that doesn't require Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars , the 360 version will also feature the all-new "Kane's Challenge", an Xbox 360 exclusive single player mode that pits the player against a terrifying gauntlet of sub-faction opponents.

For more information about Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath or the Command & Conquer series, please visit the official site at www.CommandAndConquer.com. Furthermore, those looking to take a trip down memory lane can check out the C&C series' library of live-action cutscenes from practically all of the classic Command & Conquer games at www.cncmovies.com.

And be sure to check out the latest news about C&C 3: Kane's Wrath, C&C Red Alert 3, and all things Command & Conquer on C&C's own dedicated online programming, Command & Conquer TV www.CommandAndConquer.com.

Kane's Wrath will be in US stores from March 26th. For releases dates in other regions check our Game Tracker on our main page.

Good stuff for KW.

BUT those damned Xbox 360ers get the Kane Challenge. No doubt a direct rip of the challenge thing found in ZH. :( Awh, I liked that thing.

Eh, I'll live though. :)

WTF EA? U give console tards extra stuffs?!?! *becomes an EA hater*

This reminds me of when Defcon went gold:

defcon%20master.jpg

...BUT those damned Xbox 360ers get the Kane Challenge. No doubt a direct rip of the challenge thing found in ZH. :( Awh, I liked that thing...

Yah for extra stuff

Boo for it being in 360.

A ZH Challenge with Kane taunting you - is so sweet. It's a real shame it's not in the PC version. No doubt someone will port the xbox missions into a PC mod - but this is the sort of thing that I would expect/want it a KANE edition of a game.

Some of the skirmish modes in the original C&C were interesting, so now 2 innovative ideas have been shunted over to the xbox. It's interesting the lengths they are going to attract new players... it's just a real shame that it's at the PC's expense... the bread & butter players. Props and Sucks to EALA all at the same time.

But more important Woohoo it's gone gold!

(What is KW's competition in 2008 for RTS of the year???)

They get the extra mode, we don't. PC players get access the the Red Alert 3 Beta, they don't.

I don't see the problem really, it's a fair compromise.

No it doesn't. Console noobs should get NOTHING! :D

AY! who u calling noob, nubsauce?

i agree with Saracen that it's a fair trade...shows their dedication, which makes more ppl like them, which makes them more money, which makes us more games. it's a glorious cycle.

huh???

how can you compare the re-playability/value of a beta (that is at least 6mths away) with a, IMO, hugely entertaining gameplay mode - that is instantly usuable - and would give SP freaks like myself oodles of replay value (during those same 6 months)! They just don't compare. A beta test has a natural expiry (ie. when the game comes out) and the challenge has less of that problem.

And did I mention that Joe Kucan is in one and not the other!!!

ie. Kane taunting me for killing all those EMPTY tanks was a highlight by far in the GDI SP campaign.

Perhaps its a Microsoft thing that the Kane's Challenge or something be exclusive to the 360.

AY! who u calling noob, nubsauce?

ALL console gamers are noobs. Don't you know anything? :P

They get the extra mode, we don't. PC players get access the the Red Alert 3 Beta, they don't.

I don't see the problem really, it's a fair compromise.

It's not fail, KC lasts forevar and RA3 beta a month or two. But Apoc will give it to us!

RIGHT? :angry:

Perhaps its a Microsoft thing that the Kane's Challenge or something be exclusive to the 360.

Would surprise me...

ALL console gamers are noobs. Don't you know anything? :P

They are worse than n00bs, they are console gamers. :lol:

Actually, I'd rather have the RA3 beta than Kane's Challenge. Blegh, I wanna have both :(

IMO it's a choice between a permanent feature and a higher place in the lineup to play RA3.

Kanes Challenge represents a better investment for me over long term.

Eh, who cares bout the challenge? I mean sure it's sorta fun but c'mon RA3 beta key is soooo much better.....though I also have a 360 :P

Bet hey, we PC guys just fix a mod for it. The consolers can't do that with RA3.