Hey, it's only theories, you can take them or leave them.

but you are making up theories on the basis of something happening in Tiberian Sun that didn't actually happen...

Ok, I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to say now. What didn't happen in TS that I am basing my theories on?

Also, you do realize my second theory was based off what you had said:

If you remember back to Tiberian Sun. Kane had doctored all of his speeches so it appeared that he didn't have any metal plate on his face. When you actually see him with the plate and considerable scarring to his face on TS it's when he is by himself without anyone else around. In TS he was hiding that he had actually been seriously injured!!!

Yea, the ending kinda suck here

TW: GDI good ending:

News: Woots! GDI clear the bad guys without using liquid T!

Next scene...

Greg?: Commander, you pawned those Scrin and Nod n00bs the right way. Good job...

END

TW: GDI bad ending:

News: GDI screwed up and say bye bye to yellow zone and hello to red zone. More innocents died.

Next scene...

Greg?: Commander, you are a disgrace to GDI but you are the hero here so i can't do sh!t.

Next scene...

Boyle: What did i tell ya, you will still be considered as hero when you pawn the bad guys the easy way out.

END

TW: Nod ending (Probably the crappiest):

Kane: BEHOLD! ASCENSION!!!!

END

TW: Scrin ending (I don't mind if that one is short cause the main is still GDI and Nod):

Scrin dude: Retreat and attack later! EARTH WILL FALL!

KW ending:

Kane: Good job commander, i would like to share the tacitus cookie with you but it is unstable. Oh wait, gtg fix the cookie, bye...

END

EA kinda screwed when make the ending. Like why can't they make like whats inside Kane's ascension thing and what it does. And what happen later when Kane get info out from tacitus later. For GDI, maybe we see the cut scene of the bye bye yellow zone part if liquid T is used and probably the people cheering when liquid T isn't instead of only the news guy report the status out.

No they just made it that way cause they know people wanna know what happens next, therefore a new product to push ;)

Kane's Wrath is very confusing...

I just hope the next games (TIBERIUM and C&C4) tie everything together...and have a better story to it.

Well I emjoyed playing it but it's far from what it could have been. What I dislike most is the absence of Slavik, Oxana and other characters from TS. I don't like the new design of things, like the new Kane's mask that doesn't have any resemblance to the original at all. The new unit designs of traditional TS units, except the new Nod Light Infantry wich actually look pretty good[but that's because they resemble the original]. The new Titan, Wolverine, Nod Artillary(spectre) isn't like the originals at all and I don't understand why they had to change them? The new designs are far to goofy. And why have they made a new logo for the Balck Hand, what was wrong with the one from Renegade? I find the story intresting except for the middle part with Henstridge as Alexia. The screenplay in that part is horrible. I also feel that the story could have been a bit more informative. What is the diffrence between CABAL and Leigon for instance. When was Legion built. What was the ending cutscene in Nods FS campaign about?

On a side note I agrre with 3D Master over at CNC Source forums.

Hey if you read the Intel from TW it briefly mentions a Mammoth Mk.III

I would expect it in the next Tiberium C&C, i wonder what it would be like??? Six legs and some sort of sonic railgun maybe?

Gives you something to think about!.... :o

Six legs and some sort of sonic railgun maybe?

...What the @#$% is a 'sonic' rail gun? :huh:

I donno i just thought of something that sounded powerful and more advanced :mellow: :lol:

Hey if you read the Intel from TW it briefly mentions a Mammoth Mk.III

I would expect it in the next Tiberium C&C, i wonder what it would be like??? Six legs and some sort of sonic railgun maybe?

Gives you something to think about!.... :o

I know that this thread has been dead for a month, but I absolutely have to respond to this: the Mammoth Mk. III is another name for the Mammoth 27, which is the type of Mammoth Tank used in C&C3.

I gathered that Kane's mask was deception. He wanted people to believe that he had been seriously injured under it, when in reality, it never covered anything. Thus, removing it was a shock to everyone he had tricked.
Actually, in Tiberian Sun, you can see the burns under his mask.

Kane's Wrath was not all taking place after TW, it covered all three wars. The Tacitus was stolen back by GDI between the two acts during the time of Tiberian Sun and Firestorm.
Incorrect: Kane's Wrath picks up after the end of Firestorm; Act I serves as bridge between Firestorm and Tiberium Wars, Act II happens during Tiberium Wars, and Act III happens after Tiberium Wars.

As for why the player has to recover the Tacitus in Act III after recovering it at the end of Act II, I would say that the most likely explanation is that the Tacitus was never actually recovered, as LEGION was taken offline before transport could arrive, so GDI merely picked up the Tacitus after the aliens had been driven out of the area.

I know that this thread has been dead for a month, but I absolutely have to respond to this: the Mammoth Mk. III is another name for the Mammoth 27, which is the type of Mammoth Tank used in C&C3.

Where did you get that from?

I got the mammoth tanks a couple missions before the mission that had the intel on the MK.II and it refered to the MK.III as a prototype (and you don't see prototypes on the battlefield)

Edited by BlyTwo

Where did you get that from?

I got the mammoth tanks a couple missions before the mission that had the intel on the MK.II and it refered to the MK.III as a prototype (and you don't see prototypes on the battlefield)

Here is a copy of that intel brief, copied from GameFAQ:

[32.02] Discontinuation of the Mammoth Mk II Walker

Mission : Alexandria

Added : When you purchase the Railgun Capacitors for the Mammoth Tanks

Excerpy from INN Holobrief, March 12th, 2039

It was a sad day for many today as the last Mammoth Mark II Walker to enter

active combat duty clanked its way out of GDI's San Pedro War Factory and into

history. With its twin Rail Guns, Battlefield dominance, and unusual boxy

profile, the Mk. II became an iconic symbol of freedom during the Second

Tiberium War. Its discontinuation has been greeted by many with anger, notably

Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker, retired war hero, popular conservative pundit,

and noted proponent of the "Kane lives" theory.

"The Mark II was and continues to be one of our most powerful tools in the war

against Nod fanaticism. This discontinuation is nothing but another disgusting

example of GDI bureaucratic penny pinching and namby pamby "can't we all just

get along" liberalism ... once again, GDI is playing right into Kane's hands."

With protests held at containment areas several miles away, the mood at the

factory was more resigned than angry, Production of the controversal new

four-tread all-terrain Mark III is scheduled to take place in far off

Reykjavik, with many in San Pedro fearing for their jobs and the future of

their community ...

As you can see from the date on the article (2039), this takes place eight years before Tiberium Wars, taking the Mk. III well out of the prototype phase. Also, it describes the Mk. III as a "four-tread, all-terrain" vehicle.

Moreover, Mike Verdu's Development Blog for C&C3 states, "As for the Mammoth Mk II walker, it has been replaced by the less expensive, more reliable and still very potent Mk III with four articulating treads. GDI commanders can now deploy multiple Mammoth tanks on the battlefield instead of concentrating their forces with just one or two behemoth walkers."

Also, it describes the Mk. III as a "four-tread, all-terrain" vehicle.

Ok, but the original mammoth in Tiberian Dawn had four treads and was called a mammoth tank, same in Tiberian Sun (a sub unit, never really seen in original game, but was intended but Westwood decided against using it ingame)

The mammoth tank has been around longer than the MK.II

the new mammoth isn't much more efficient, besides railgun upgrades, than the original GDI "monarch"

Ok, but the original mammoth in Tiberian Dawn had four treads and was called a mammoth tank

In WWII, there was an airplane called the Thunderbolt. Later, another airplane was called the Thunderbolt. They are not even remotely the same thing.

The mammoth tank has been around longer than the MK.II
The Mammoth 27, the type of Mammoth Tank used in C&C3, has not been around longer than the Mammoth Mk.II. Indeed, the Mammoth 27 was designed to replace the Mammoth Mk.II

the new mammoth isn't much more efficient, besides railgun upgrades, than the original GDI "monarch"
Really? Because I would bet that the Mammoth 27 would have plenty of advantages over the X-66 Mammoth Tank given that the Mammoth 27 was designed around forty years after the X-66. The Mammoth 27 is almost certainly faster, for one, and most likely has better armor materials, and thus better armor. It is armed with 150mm cannon as opposed to the 120mm cannon of the X-66, and the Mammoth 27's cannon can be upgraded with railguns.

Also, the Mammoth 27 is most likely superior to the Mammoth Mk.II, given that a significant portion of the Mk.II's armor is probably wasted protecting its legs (a necessity on the Mk.II but not an issue for the Mammoth 27) and that the Mk.II can fire only on targets directly in front of it while at the same time turning like a snail, making it hard for the Mk.II to bring its guns to bear on anything other than a building. The Mammoth 27, however, has turret mounted cannon, allowing it to target a wider variety of targets.

Anyway, one thing that really bugs me is about how much people insisted, "We want Slavik! We want CABAL! We want McNeil! We want the Mammoth Mk.II! etc." I see no reason why all of these things are so "sacred" to the Tiberium franchise. In that case, I want to see General Sheppard! I want the Beam Cannon replaced with a Surface-to-Surface Missile launcher! I want the Pitbull replaced with a Humvee and the Juggernaut replaced with an MLRS!

Tiberian Sun was a completely different game from Tiberian Dawn, so there is no reason why Tiberium Wars should not be a completely different game from Tiberian Sun.

I agree the Juggernaut was kinda dumb and inaccurate, and the pitbull is lame...

But you should try the Tiberium Essence Mod and you will get an idea of what the Mk.II feels like put into Tiberium Wars

I agree the Juggernaut was kinda dumb and inaccurate, and the pitbull is lame...

The point that I was making is that it is absurd to cling to game elements of the past. Tiberium Wars is not Tiberian Sun, just as Tiberian Sun is not Tiberian Dawn.

But you should try the Tiberium Essence Mod and you will get an idea of what the Mk.II feels like put into Tiberium Wars
This assertion is flawed in one regard: I have played Tiberium Essence, and it has only strengthened my conviction that the Mammoth Mk.II does not belong in C&C3, or any 3D game for that matter. Also, with regard to combat effectiveness, it does not matter how the Mammoth Mk.II was depicted in Tiberium Essence or any other mod: the fact remains that it was a bad design and that the Mammoth 27 should be, in fact, superior in every regard, save perhaps firepower. If these mods do not reflect it as such, then that is a flaw of the mod, not the Mammoth 27.

Furthermore, the only reason that the Mammoth Mk.II would have higher firepower than the Mammoth 27 is because the Mammoth Mk.II has such huge railguns. However, to mount such railguns, the Mammoth Mk.II must, itself, be huge. This is not good for the Mammoth Mk.II for a variety of reasons, none the least of which being the fact that the Mammoth Mk.II would never be able to bring its guns to bear on anything that could actually move. Also, there is the issue of armor: assuming that the Mammoth Mk.II is twice as large as the Mammoth 27, the armor on the Mammoth Mk.II would have four times the weight of the armor on the Mammoth 27 in order to have the same thickness, and since it is the armor's thickness that protects against enemy attack and not the armor's weight, it is quite obvious that the Mammoth Mk.II should fall far more quickly to enemy firepower than the Mammoth 27, as the Mammoth 27 could have four times the protection with the same amount of armor. In reality, however, the Mammoth Mk.II is far more than two times the size of the Mammoth 27, which means that the Mammoth 27's armor should be far more than four times as strong as the Mammoth Mk.II.

You might argue that the Mammoth Mk.II might have many times the weight in armor, balancing out the difference, but in actuality, the Mammoth Mk.II could not support the same weight of armor as the Mammoth 27, let alone more armor. This arises out of the fact that the Mammoth Mk.II must be supported by its four legs: if the mech is too heavy, then its legs will not be able to support it, however if the legs are made heavier to increase their ability to support the mech's weight, then the mech becomes heavier still and you get a never ending cycle of increasing the weight. This raises the additionally complication that the legs must be armored, diverting precious armor away from the main body of the Mammoth Mk.II. The Mammoth 27, however, uses wide, low treads which not only provide far better support, but also better traction and manueverability.

I agree that treaded vehicles are way more effective, i know that...

all i say is the Mk.II had way more firepower

Edited by BlyTwo