Saracen

Amer Ajami apparently creates new C&C (RTS) Phrase

According to PC Gamer UK Amer Ajami (Exec producer of RA3) Has coined a new phrase. He said this during an RA3 tour at EA's Guildford Studio in the UK, where much of the UK press had come to get a "Hands on" approach to Red Alert 3.

Simply all you do is make 2 fists, and punch them together... In the words of Mr Ajami "That's what's called 'Base ****ing'"

Base ****ing is actually a term to describe 2 opponents who attack each other's unguarded bases simultaneously in a single attack until the victor is made.

It's a hard and fast "accidental" game whereby the opponents attack at the exact same time with a number of forces... they end up going past and missing each other in no-man's land. From there the race is on to raze your opponent's base to the ground before he does. To get "Base ****ed" you have to be the loser.

Anyone heard of this term in Multiplayer, or around the community? Or is Amer Ajami the 1st to use such a phrase?

I've never heard it before. He was probably just joking around. Either way it sounds stupid.

Well I've seen it happen often... but I have never heard it described either way.

It's lame, not stupid.

But perhaps he won't be credited for creating the phrase - just popularising it!

Base trading is about the closest thing to what he is talkign about.

I've experienced this a lot in RA2, never in RA3 or C&C3. I've never heard "Base ****ing" before, nor "Base Trading". In RA2, they refer to it as "Base Exchange".

I'll stick to using base exchange, sounds better in my opinion.

Well I've seen it, I've experienced, but none of these terms describe it well enough.

I've experienced this a lot in RA2, never in RA3 or C&C3. I've never heard "Base ****ing" before, nor "Base Trading". In RA2, they refer to it as "Base Exchange".

I'll stick to using base exchange, sounds better in my opinion.

Exchange and trade are synonyms. >_>

It's like trading paint in a racing game, both cars (bases in this case) get damaged, at the same time.

Pretty good term tbh.

Edited by Inferno

trading paint I can understand because you give each something. But base trading gives nothing. It's the ultimate example of a good defense is a good offense.

It especially doesn't express adequately the careless abandonment of your base in the furious race to kill the other base first in a fight to the death.

I've never heard of this before. At that C&C3 summit me and Steppo went to, I did propose that the trick (now obsolete) whereby you purchase and then immediately sell a refinery to get the extra harvester be known as "c***walleting." It never caught on, which is too bad.

Hah, I remember you saying that... you and steppo constantly went around suggesting the term to people. No-one took any notice though...

That reminds me, I never did find my Escape key at that summit... But it wasn't as bad as Aaron trying to set fire to the EAts room with all those plugs piled into one extension adapter.

Now that's a term that should catch on should Aaron try that one again... It's called "Studio ****ing" :P