Sign in to follow this  
Silverthorn

Official boxart?

Ever since the news about this one, is that our official boxart? And is it for real?!

cc4_box_photo_s.jpg

If it's real, those idiots has done it again, they reused the crappy X design which brings back the infamous empty black areas! :facepalm: Most of all, it's not even the Soldier's Head! I will be even more insulted if they dare to use copying & pasting concept arts.

Drat! Why EA, why hate the Soldier's Head?! You just like to be yourself, isn't it? The Soldier's Head is Westwood's and you don't like to touch that?! I feel like I rather point a gun in my brain and kill myself if that is the official boxart for our game. Come on, you still got time for the Soldier's Head, I rather see a delay of 1 month just to get that fixed. I prefer a Soldier's Head design to match my Westwood's C&C boxes, and you EA, your boxes DON'T match, so I did NOT put those on my shelf. I DID put Generals on top (Generals did use the Soldier's Head), but I brought them down a few months later after the controversy of not being completely C&C.

In summary, is that for picture for real?

Ever since the news about this one, is that our official boxart? And is it for real?!

cc4_box_photo_s.jpg

If it's real, those idiots has done it again, they reused the crappy X design which brings back the infamous empty black areas! :facepalm: Most of all, it's not even the Soldier's Head! I will be even more insulted if they dare to use copying & pasting concept arts.

Drat! Why EA, why hate the Soldier's Head?! You just like to be yourself, isn't it? The Soldier's Head is Westwood's and you don't like to touch that?! I feel like I rather point a gun in my brain and kill myself if that is the official boxart for our game. Come on, you still got time for the Soldier's Head, I rather see a delay of 1 month just to get that fixed. I prefer a Soldier's Head design to match my Westwood's C&C boxes, and you EA, your boxes DON'T match, so I did NOT put those on my shelf. I DID put Generals on top (Generals did use the Soldier's Head), but I brought them down a few months later after the controversy of not being completely C&C.

In summary, is that for picture for real?

It's real, and it's in line with EA's design, so that's fine. Kane standing around all wise with the globe behind him looks epic, but they really should do something about those unit concepts on the bottom.

Aww, sh*t! No no no! I will never have a box like this on my shelf, they don't match with my Westwood Soldier's Head collections.

I don't care if it's a redesign, that X design is just the same like I see in C&C3! How could you, EA! I knew you will always be as yourself, you definitely will not follow Westwood's footsteps, you are truly lost! I can feel one day you'll be 0% Westwood completely, you all had the spirit of it but you continue to decline it even further.

For the design criticism, sure, putting Kane in there is no problem, I like it, but one thing I still hate is the empty black areas on the left & right side. If they are of no use, why put them in?! Did you just fail Design class back in your college days?! That's just pathetic! AND I hope the bright side I expect more than this one is make sure this boxart is NOT copying & pasting, but from a complete scratch.

Edited by Silverthorn

It's a recurring element in all CnC boxarts since TFD, that's the sole reason for it.

And chill down, I think its respectful they don't try to sell these games as WW titles.

Who cares so much about box art anyway?

Edited by hagren

I do care, and I'm pretty sure several others do care too.

And selling the game should still remain WW even if they bought WW out. If that Soldier's Head design is not broken or doesn't cause any sale losses, why replace it with something else?!

I am also a hardcore fan, if C&C4 retains the Soldier's Head and draws from scratch, I WILL put that box on my shelf to match those from TD till YR (Including Generals, but I took that down). But in this case, I won't because they DON'T match!

So far of EA being like WW, they're more like being themselves. They said they claim to retain some Westwood spirit, but I see they're completely 0% WW and still purely 100% EA, thus screwing up the franchise even more. :facepalm:

Edited by Silverthorn

Looks fine. Fits in with the theme established in TW (Green), KW (Red) and now C&C 4 (Blue).

Besides its just a box, its what's on the DVD inside that counts ;)

Guest Stevie_K

It's not "wall" pretty, but it's alright. Guess it will look good standing together with C&C3 and KW since they share the X design.

At this point I'd rather have the "soldiers" head remaining Westwood. The two different kinds of box art displays the two different eras C&C has been through so far.

only game which box art truly sucks is Generals :)

I actually kinda like the "X" with the 'empty black bit's' It makes the game stand out on a shelf tbh, and it just general looks quite nice with kane etc.

i happen to like the X design. Kane looks epic anyways xD

Edited by Malovolpe

Well, not me. Sorry about that, sure, you all like the box, but not me, I was supposed to collect a pirated version from my shop, but with an ugly box like this one and I don't care if it shares color from C&C3 & KW, I'm not into that, so I'm grabbing a torrent version where I'll get the software and stuff without have to suffer with that stupid box!

I also want to ask you all too, if that boxart turns out to have copy & paste concept arts, how will you respond to that? Hate it because of being lazy & create unreasonable excuses, or love what they done because to save time & cost?

Edited by Silverthorn

I was supposed to collect a pirated version from my shop, but with an ugly box like this one and I don't care if it shares color from C&C3 & KW, I'm not into that, so I'm grabbing a torrent version where I'll get the software and stuff without have to suffer with that stupid box!

Talking about getting pirated, ripped or torrent version of the game is not something we won't to see discussed on our forums. Our rules prevent such discussions.

I also want to ask you all too, if that boxart turns out to have copy & paste concept arts, how will you respond to that? Hate it because of being lazy & create unreasonable excuses, or love what they done because to save time & cost?

Why do you consider it a lazy way to create box art? How does it save time and money? EA hire artists to create the concepts for the game so they have something to use for promotion and marketing. And creating box art is part of that process. You should really think about what your trying to say before you post rather than make silly statements.

It's really a fact now that like Westwood used the head for box-art.... Now EA are using the X shape... It's their own stylised tradition for game recognition... let the sleeping dog lie Silverthorn. Your continuous whining makes me realise that WW Fanatic, is an Acronym for Emo... It's in there, trust me!

Edited by Saracen

Why do you consider it a lazy way to create box art? How does it save time and money? EA hire artists to create the concepts for the game so they have something to use for promotion and marketing. And creating box art is part of that process. You should really think about what your trying to say before you post rather than make silly statements.

I believed what his talk on "laziness" was referring to the fact that the hired artists and boxart designers reused and recycled the common C&C4 concept arts and made it part of the box art work itself.

Silverthorn is just way too enthusiastic on the development of C&C4, cut him some slack, folks. And Silverthorn, please calm down. Whats done is done. I was kinda disappointed with the box art as well, but since its done, well , whatever.

Edited by Malevolence

Yeah yeah yeah, it all comes down to this, and they finally end this universe with the smallest puff of wind instead of a big bang from a Russian FOAB or the US MOAB. Goodbye, I hardly knew ya'.

If there's going to be a RA4, I wish someday I'll just give up the entire interest on the franchise and move on to something else since I'll predict RA4 may not go the way it was heading, RA4 I fear may not feature the Soldier's Head and other issues which probably not Westwoody as it looks.

------

And yes, Mal state the points in detail that I was correct. There's a major difference between copying & pasting and draw from scratch.

Let's take the C&C3 cover, Soldier's Head or not and imagine if the covers are the same but done in a different way :

Copy & Paste concept arts : Duration of 1 week or less or possibly in a complete full day. LAZY, LAZY!

From scratch : Duration of approximately a month or so (Including details, shading, etc..) Ahh, all that hard work pays off.

Edited by Silverthorn

Or you could just rip apart everything EA does...

Well having been put through the pain of previous 2 versions of the X theme, I don't mind this one.

I'm kinda glad they kept the consistent look for the third in the series... EALA's own signature.

That being said, even though Westwood's concept was better, EALA had a new concept and we should leave them alone.

Well, not me. Sorry about that, sure, you all like the box, but not me, I was supposed to collect a pirated version from my shop, but with an ugly box like this one and I don't care if it shares color from C&C3 & KW, I'm not into that, so I'm grabbing a torrent version where I'll get the software and stuff without have to suffer with that stupid box!

...so you purchase games for their boxes? "Hey, that game sounds great, but the boxart sucks, no way I'm going to buy that, I'll pirate it even though that still won't change the boxart, in fact, I won't have any at all!".

You are crazy Silverthorn. Eery, even :P

And JFYI, the soldier head boxes weren't exactly sohpisticated or meticulously detailed art pieces. Jeez...

An unofficial version/Photoshop job of the box art....

unofficialboxart.jpg

Made by Existor.

i like the boxart, as long as its command and conquer its got a place on my shelf :D

On closer observation from that giant boxart I realised the Mastodon having turret on the top as well, possible upgrade hardpoint, looks cool. The mammoth tank looks the same as the one in TW, however.

Are you insulting me, hagren? People have their own choices and you say about that? I knew you always wanted to put the retardedness on me. How dare you!

But in this case, I rather not buy at all and just download, you & Sonic will get the idea where I'll get it from.