Sonic

Help Define the C&C 4 Pre-Order Program

I just took the survey, and to be honest, I didn't realize that the C&C Collectors editions had figurines and such until I joined CNCNZ :P. So I'm fine with almost whatever they have in them. But I do have to say, im not a big fan of getting exclusive maps for pre-orders/collectors editions, only to have them downloadable publicly for free a month later. But its not a too huge of a problem for me, as long as they enough money to make the game of course :P. I would rather have a great game with bad exclusive items than a terrible game with good collectibles.

Ah, no exclusive single-player missions! :thumbsdown:

Agree,

I would rather have a great game with bad exclusive items than a terrible game with good collectibles.

agree. ^_^

Like I said earlier in the thread... a pre-order discount would work marvelously... put everything else into the collectors edition.

Like I said earlier in the thread... a pre-order discount would work marvelously... put everything else into the collectors edition.

That's a cool idea. And I agree with Nmenth about the maps.

My top 3 were the beta key, Kane pic, and unit skins. I think the unit skins would be cool.

And APOC, you do your job too well. :P

That mouse is pretty nice. :D

Second that, its has a nice red glow on it and if EA is having tight budgets making bonus items maybe they should consider working together with some manufacturer companies and make bundle sets, which is pretty beneficial for both parties (EA and the manufacturer company for e.g, Razer or Logitech peripherals, or EVGA killer xeno pro network card or some random X-fi soundcard bundle), its definitely killing two birds with one stone, and I'm sure fans don't mind paying more for quality items.

I want a Tiberium crystal with my collector's edition tbh.

edit: But seriously, it would be cool to get figurines of like the mechs or something.

edit: But seriously, it would be cool to get figurines of like the mechs or something.

Well then why not a construction yard/crawler figurine? Then you unfold it to make a little base that comes with little infantry/tank figurines :3

Silverthorn,

Stinginess? Do you remember the C&C store we opened during C&C 3? =) Wasn't pre-order related, but it certainly had items worth remembering and purchasing for hardcore fans like yourself.

We all thought the talking Kane Bobblehead and C&C store would be a huge success given our fanbase and passion for the franchise. C&C 3 was one of our best selling RTS games of all time...unfortunately the Kane Bobblehead and C&C store were not.

I remember it and I wish we still had it.

I though the Kane Bobblehead, in my opinion, was the best C&C physical item of all time.

I completely agree, it sits proudly on my desk. And I think I did a good job of gluing the broken piece back in when it fell down once ;)

I want a Tiberium crystal with my collector's edition tbh.

The reminds me, I was actually going to attempt making a glass 'tiberium' crystal a few years back. :P

Would have used wax to carve my shape, then plaster it, melt out the wax after the plaster hardened, pour in green liquid glass, then chip off the plaster. Never did it because I didn't have access to something hot enough to liquefy glass.

A plastic tiberium crystal keychain would be good enough for a collector's edition though... and probably wouldn't cost much.

If you want Tiberium crystals maybe EA can do that, maybe a shard of the crystal is a USB flash drive... something like this has been done in EA's The Sims 3 Collector's Edition.

thesims3collectorsediti.jpg

If you want Tiberium crystals maybe EA can do that... ... something like this has been done in EA's The Sims 3 Collector's Edition.

Yes, that picture looks like what I was thinking, except with maybe three points coming from a base (and not the USB, but if they can, why not?).

Pre-order Programs in Singapore are only for collectors' editions, we can't get normal retail versions until they are put on shelves. Hence, the cheaper price and related suggestions don't really apply to us...

EA Singapore always does awesome stuff for our game!

YEAH! I pre-ordered all C&C3, KW and RA3!

Do you mean:

C&C 3 Collectors.

cnc30701.th.jpg

Kane's Wrath Razer Bundle

198qm.th.jpg

Red Alert 3 + Microsoft Sidewinder Keyboard + Bag Bundle

Note: pics taken from other sources.

Wonder what they will bundle next for C&C4? :thumbsup:

The photo is missing a C&C3 mousepad, depending on which faction you chose!

And not to forget this!

Package.jpg

Mine is the one without the Sidewinder Keyboard...

Edited by spark

Well Mal, the C&C3 ones are what I got from Singapore, but unfortunately, I don't see good values in them, so I didn't buy that set. For the KW mouse, it is ok, except my computer hardwares are working fine. I would love to have something that is worth collecting such as that Sim3 crystal.

Edited by Silverthorn

Yeah - love the tiberium shard idea.

BTW, for collectible items I would be more than happy to pay more than 110% of retail price for physical items...

So while EALA doesn't have an unlimited budget, cost should be considered within reason.

This is the end of the Saga afterall. It would be nice to have a momento that is worthy of the epic conclusion!

EA APOC, just let yea know we fans don't mind paying more (even 200% more) if the bonus items are really good!

EA APOC, just let yea know we fans don't mind paying more (even 200% more) if the bonus items are really good!

Me too, I would love to have a metal 2 1/2 inch model of the Orca or a 3 inch high Zone Trooper figurine in my collection rather than just metal boxes, posters & soundtracks. The figurine is worth in high value while the others are just low. A collectible item should remain in high value from time to time rather than something which is temporarily high like the soundtrack, but overtime, it'll become low till no value at all.

Do think of something to please us all, after all, C&C4 is the last of the Tiberium saga and we should end it with a good bang. It is ok if you take a small loss, we didn't tell you to spend over the budget like the special editions like I showed you. ;)

Edited by Silverthorn

Second That!

i always to that for example with Blizzard's Collector Editions. the normal costs 50$ and the collector 100$+ but i own them Both!

I think the distinction between pre-order rewards and collectors edition items isn't very clear when you fill out the survey. So, I'm not a fan of pre-order content (because I cannot get it in Europe most likely). Especially when you get map A at retailer X and map B at Y. Then you'll never get it completely...