Sonic

Latest Command & Conquer 4 Concept Art

Ugh... No.. just no to the Nod Engineer.

Agreed. There is nothing respectable about that ghastly design. :puke:

The other stuff is ok though...

Agreed. There is nothing respectable about that ghastly design. :puke:

The other stuff is ok though...

Agreed.

I actually think the Reckoner looks awesome :D

I am impressed by the Recknoner, and how they link it back to the TS subterrainean APC feel. Nice.

I'm not sure about the funny looking engineer though.

At least the hammerhead moved away from the old helicopter propellers.

Re: Burrowed Units

Excuse my ignorance but do any other RTS's do this? I mean travelling underground...

Re: Crawlers

Seeing them side by side, I didn't expect them to be so... similar.

Re: Engineer

It makes me think the Forgotten Gorilla should be an engineer unit...

I was hoping that the support crawler was a bit bigger.

The GDI Hammerhead looks good ingame, and the concept art makes sense.

But no oh god a NO to the Nod engineer

The Reckoner is quite similar to the KW's version.

As for the Nod Engineer, gosh... It looks more fitting for the Scrin Engineer/Inflitrator...

Ugh... No.. just no to the Nod Engineer.

Agreed, the Nod Engineer needs a redesign. It just doesn't look right at all.

I think the engi is great. I laugh every time I see it. :P

Nod Engineer looks weird, the Nod Reckoner looks awesome and so does the GDI Hammerhead. I also like the look of all the GDI Crawlers.

Nod Engineers aren't supposed to be Legion Saboteurs with a Zone Trooper jumpjet. Sorry didn't like the concept art for that unit though.

And the Reckoner? That unit should have that digging and deploying ability in KW!

Excuse my ignorance but do any other RTS's do this? I mean travelling underground...

Seeing them side by side, I didn't expect them to be so... similar.

It makes me think the Forgotten Gorilla should be an engineer unit...

To my knowlege, if its digging a hole and hiding, unless mine drops count i think only the Zerg do this. As for tunneling, only the Zerg Infestor, the Nod Subterrainan APC, and some unit from Dark Reign do this. Otherwise its something i don't see often.

Someone was clearly smoking something when they designed it - and no, i don't want it. Expect the other Nod Cyborg Troopers to have equally ugly designs.

I agree, they really got lazy with the deployment system here.

Sonic. maybe you could run a new pool: the most ugliest unit (or units - concept art and ingame model) in the C&C4. It would be a difficult choice ^_^

ps

Really it seems that EALA have a problem with listening of complaints about their "artistic" design of the C&C3/4 units from the C&C fans. Since C&C3 most fans requesting more serious, militaristic, TD/TS-like design of the units. It's hard to believe that after so much time since C&C3 was released they (EALA) don't know nothing about those complaints, it's easy to come to the conclusion that they simply ignoring complaints of the C&C fans about that matter.

Edited by mirza044

I doubt Sonic would ever run a poll of complaint like that, at least here in the main section.

I doubt Sonic would ever run a poll of complaint like that, at least here in the main section.

I know, it was only a joke ;)

Wow, did the Hammerhead gets an Orca makeover? Or was it the twin rotor blades were taken out?

HEY! Not the Nod Engineer, this looks a lot worse than our C&C3's engineer, moreover, it's even worse than the old lame version of the RA3 Apoc tank. What the bloody hell is that for?! EA, are you going wacky again instead of being serious?! No wonder why many Westwoodian fanatics hate you!

Wow, did the Hammerhead gets an Orca makeover? Or was it the twin rotor blades were taken out?

Don't you like that the fact that now GDI has embraced using back Orca technology instead of lame old obsolete intercepting rotors?

I don't know about the engineers, they just make me laugh all the time.

Edited by Malevolence

That's alright, I know technology will move on.

For the engineer, I don't see the humor of it, even if let's say that's the RA3 Soviet engineer, but it still will NOT fit into the game. A robed engineer with a scorpion tail fits more of a Harry Potter universe! Overall, I don't laugh over this, I felt so insulted by the way they create this idea! No wonder why Louis Castle cannot save the franchise and the creativity within the company is always has been very bleak.

FFS people, It's concept art, It's just ideas some artist have thrown together to see what it looks like and get other peoples opinion. You can't hate people for coming up with an idea.

yeah really not sure what they were trying to get at with the Engineer, its just not right. I hope they fix it.

Guest Stevie_K

It's ugly, just ugly.

It doesn't fit the aura of Nod in my opinion.

It's definitely a thing that needs to be thought over one more time.