Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Replacing the Site Slogan

Over the next week or so I'm planning some changes to the main site layout. Mostly to fix a few things have bugged me for awhile. The main header/logo section will be changing and with that so will the site's slogan of "Time to Play the Game". I have a couple of ideas of my own but I want to know what you guys think.

Post your own suggestions for a new site slogan.

I really like the "Time To Play The Game" slogan. Please don't change it. :(

Why do you want to change?

Changing it is ok with me, I prefer original slogans over ones copied from someone else.

Can you divulge on your ideas, or are you keeping them to yourself? It'd be easier to suggest something if we knew what was already considered.

I really like the "Time To Play The Game" slogan. Please don't change it. :(

Why do you want to change?

I like it as well. I like the sound of it. But a change is always good. Keeps things fresh. If a better idea for one never comes along it will probably stay.

Can you divulge on your ideas, or are you keeping them to yourself? It'd be easier to suggest something if we knew what was already considered.

Well my only decent suggestion was a simple change to one that was used awhile ago.

"Conquering the Community for Over a Decade"

But I'm really after something fresh and never used before.

Maybe you can ask EALA to help you name teh site... they always come up with the most obvious of solutions! :rolleyes:

(How about about something C&C4 related? To reflect the future of the franchise. I don't know yet if there is a catch-phrase that sums it up yet... well apart from the criticisms!)

Or follow EA's dev style and ask the members here to come out with a good name, winner will get to his/her slogan entry immortalized into the CNCNZ logo thingy... XD

Would have been a good birthday competition...

I would ask, do we really need a slogan? In terms of screen estate, it does take up space. No slogan is smaller header image.

The idea of no slogan in the main has crossed mind actually. But always been a traditional part of the main site over the years.

:rolleyes:

It's okay to change the slogan. How about this:

The World's Longest Operated C&C Community Site Ever.

It's okay to change the slogan. How about this:

The World's Longest Operated C&C Community Site Ever.

That doesn't sound like a catchy slogan though.

What about:

Command and Conquer - The Gamer's Game

or shorter:

C&C - The Gamer's Game

Has the new slogan been finalized, Sonic?

I could have sworn I posted an update on the slogan and pending changes in this thread a couple of weeks ago :confused:

Anyway. I've sort of drifted away from completing this. But I will get back to it eventually. For the record the site slogan will remain as is simply because I can't think of anything and I don't like other peoples suggestions. So "Time To Play The Game" stays after all.

i was about to say "yay! about time" but oh well to slow. my suggestion is going back to The Veteran Community as this is sort of the epicness of this site and it's life.........