Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

IncGamers Joe Kucan C&C 4 Interview

Recommended Posts

IncGamers have posted a new interview with Joe Kucan. As we have mentioned in the past, interviews with Joe are always great for the sheer comedy factor alone. The interview covers Command & Conquer 4, Joe Kucan's role playing Kane, and the future of the game. You can watch it as video below or check the out sample from the text version.

 

So how do you feel about the game? There've been a lot of changes since the very early games, and you've been there right the whole way through, so what do you think about the way it's changed?

I think everything, in order to survive, has to adapt and evolve, and I think that it's a good idea to finally stop teasing with the storyline and to put a final end to it. I think they're very smart and understanding that the future of gaming, probably, is in internet play and online play and that this is just the first step in watching the game evolve in that direction. I think it's a pretty smart idea.

 

But of course, the single player is a huge focus and that is, I'm sure, what you're largely involved in, in your role as Kane.

It's actually the only thing I'm involved in! *laughs*

 

Are you happy with the direction that Kane's taken and the way they're finishing off Kane's story?

Well... *pauses* The problem that I had, to tell you the truth, was all the prosthetics that I had to wear for the last - I don't know know if you're familiar with the story, but it's revealed that Kane was a woman in this last game. So there were a lot of prosthetics involved, I had the wig, the hair was glued directly to my head, I had a giant bosom with a lot of cleavage, and it was just uncomfortable. A lot of uncomfortable make-up. I kinda question the direction as well - I think a lot of players are going to be surprised that he was a woman the whole time. Was it a good idea? I'm not so sure. We'll find out when fans react, as they certainly will.

You can read the full interview right here.

Share this post


Link to post

Very funny interview, as always.

Someone should make a video where Joe explains all the ways he got the role. :D

Share this post


Link to post

From what Kane said in the interview:

 

....I don't know know if you're familiar with the story, but it's revealed that Kane was a woman in this last game. So there were a lot of prosthetics involved, I had the wig, the hair was glued directly to my head, I had a giant bosom with a lot of cleavage, and it was just uncomfortable. A lot of uncomfortable make-up. I kinda question the direction as well - I think a lot of players are going to be surprised that he was a woman the whole time...

 

That part is making me LMAO. Kane was never a woman at the time and he must be joking. I know EALA is obsessed with women at the time for developing RA3 and C&C4, but not Kane.

 

Share this post


Link to post

He's a good actor, but a good comedian he's not tbh :P

Share this post


Link to post
That part is making me LMAO. Kane was never a woman at the time and he must be joking. I know EALA is obsessed with women at the time for developing RA3 and C&C4, but not Kane.

The interviewer asked him how the Kane character has evolved for C&C 4, Joe can't say anything becuase it would reveal parts of the story. So rather than simply say something like I just said he makes up something weird and strange for some cheap laughs.

 

If I sat down for an interview with Joe I would never ask the question on how he got the role.

Share this post


Link to post
If I sat down for an interview with Joe I would never ask the question on how he got the role.

Why? You don't like his stories?

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah - why not? The trick is to see if he ever repeats himself.

 

I hereby deputise someone to collect every answer and compile them into a video!

Share this post


Link to post
Why? You don't like his stories?

To be honest, in the commandcom video he already said what he'd answer the next time, and as you see, he actually did that too. So yeah, not much sense asking :P

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×