Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Mozilla Firefox Official Thread

People use whatever browser they want to use. It all comes down to personal choice. And since IE is pre-installed on all Windows based PCs and laptops, for most people that's what they use because they either don't know about other browsers or simply don't care.

And since IE is pre-installed on all Windows based PCs and laptops

Not anymore. Heard of the Browser Choice update?

I doubt most people would bother all they're do is click 'next'.

I'm not part of that update either. Not that I would give a **** anyway. However, it still boggles my mind that people complain about an OS having a browser. If an OS didn't come with one, how do they expect people to get one? Morons.

• Downvote 1

Yay for DD - the voice of reason.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not part of that update either. Not that I would give a **** anyway. However, it still boggles my mind that people complain about an OS having a browser. If an OS didn't come with one, how do they expect people to get one? Morons.

The only thing stupider than that are the "N" releases of Windows XP and beyond in Europe. They have absolutely no media player installed. What for? Just because an idiot in the EU saw WMP as Microsoft's monopolizing in terms of media players?

At least you can go get a media player with a preinstalled browser. OH EM GEE. Seriously though, lacking something basic like a media player only serves to annoy the end user. They're always forgotten in the reft of anti-trust lawsuits and all of that narrowminded bull****. I could understand this stuff 10 to 12 years ago, but the Internet is huge. Even my goddamn parents use players like VLC. Sheesh.

Mozilla Officially Releases Firefox 9.0, Signs New Search Deal with Google

Open source software supporter Mozilla has today announced two things, the launch of the 9.0 version of Firefox, and the signing of a new search deal with Google. Firefox 9.0 features the Type Inference which boosts JavaScript performance, it brings better theme integration on Mac OS X Lion, and also includes goodies like:

- two finger swipe navigation for Mac OS X Lion

- support for querying Do Not Track status via JavaScript

- support for font-stretch

- improved support for text-overflow

- improved standards support for HTML5, MathML, and CSS

- fixes for several stability and security issues

This latest Firefox release is available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.

As for the updated agreement with Google (which should represent the bulk of Mozilla's revenues), it spans three years and ensures that Google Search remains the default search provider for Firefox.

DOWNLOAD FIREFOX 9.0 HERE!

Firefox Button > Help > About Firefox > Update that way, faster too ;)

I've updated to Firefox 9.0, nothing new here really.

You're using a fossil, 7.01 has been obsolete for like, at least a week already. It's almost time to move one from old FF9 already... good times it had, good times.

Yup, I can remember way back when I was just a young lad of 25, all we had back in those days was Firefox 4.0.1. Time passes by so quickly, it seems like just six months have passed since then, but as difficult as it is to imagine, it's actually already been six months and one day.

C'mon stop the bickering! Mozilla or Google, choose wisely. Make a stand.

For me, at the end of the day, I chose Mozilla. They update regularly, its a good thing, people complain. They don't update, people complain, stating reasons such as lack of support etc etc. So what do you want? Don't like updates, then use FireFox 3. Don't like browsers, use IE, period! :)

*cough* Firefox 9 *cough*

Next month, Firefox 10. :mellow:

So far Mozilla has done almost nothing to improve javascript. Even in Firefox 7, 8 or even 9, I am still getting occasional javascript crashes.

I pass on Firefox 9 (supposedly version 4.5) and wait for Firefox 10 (supposedly version 4.6). Until some of my favorite add-ons are compatible for Firefox 10 and above versions, I'll upgrade.

You need to update Java from 6.0.29 to 6.0.30 manually. Did it today.

Right now, I think the latest version of Java is 7.0 update 2 (or later). Even with the recent versions of Java, I get occasional crashes.

I thought Java 7 was for devs only :P

For me, at the end of the day, I chose Mozilla. They update regularly, its a good thing, people complain. They don't update, people complain, stating reasons such as lack of support etc etc. So what do you want? Don't like updates, then use FireFox 3. Don't like browsers, use IE, period! :)

It's not updating that's a problem. It's their rapid version releases that gets annoying. If it breaks my addons, what ****ing good is the new version?

Security updates and hotfixes = good; constant version releases with no merit = bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Firefox 9.0.1 released. The changelog, among other things, mentions some... wait for it... WAIT FOR IT... security and stability issues!

Firefox 9.0.1 released. The changelog, among other things, mentions some... wait for it... WAIT FOR IT... security and stability issues!

Ah, kind of expected this minor update!