AlexB

Looking for Testers

If you're interested in making the Iron Curtain super weapon affect more than just one cell, take a look at the Iron Curtain crate code, it seems to affect multiple cells and also infantry.

Quick look at it it looks like it goes over every unit in the game, does some checks then checks if they're close enough to the crate. You can find this code at 0x004A1906.

Edited by Iran

Two crashes in DisplayClass::Cell_Shadow(), one crash in ASM_Set_Mouse_Cursor() (the fix in my post above fixes this crash afaik), one in a function I don't know about and one in _Buffer_Clear().

Edited by Iran

Crashed in HouseClass::Is_Ally(HouseType). Seems to be because of a corrupted HouseClass pointer. EAX (containg the HouseClass pointer) is NULL.

Seems to be related to the fact that i was allied with my teammate. So it is a new Bug, can you fix it?

It's the same _ASM_Set_Mouse_Cursor crash which I've mentioned before. Bullet could you test the RA95.exe I uploaded in the other thread to see if I fixed the radar dome crash?

Edited by Iran

Well I can say I like this project :) Is there any updates?

Here are some feedback:

BUGS:

-no autoplay music in skirmish
-extracting original conquer.eng to ARDA folder cause bonus music tracks called "(null)"
-game speed bug. sometimes speed 5 (and highner) is on maximum speed.
-some issues with foundations. example: changing turret shp to agun
[GUN]
Image=AGUN
Foundation=1,1
Foundation.Cell0=0,1
Foundation.Cell1=0,0
the image itself are centered and looking unusual (and part are blinking)
-Mobile Gap Genarator have no shadow. It is possible to fix that.
-custom turrets offset/set won't work with ships

WISHES:

-feature to add new animations for guns (like MINIGUN, SAMFIRE)
-something like Smokes=Yes/No for units (because ants not smoking)
-possible markers for fake units (and enemy must not see fake names)
-option to change appearing enemy names (new or old method) like "Enemy Structure" or real names
-support for loading different mods from ARDA launcher (mix,mpr,ini and other files)
-one-click game launching without ARDA menu launcher
-4-cell-width bib image for buildings (can be added from cnc nod airstrip)
-possible laying mines for any unit like Minelayer=yes/no (may be for vessels and replenish mines in shipyard/subpen ?)
-mine tag for buildings Mine=yes/no, they be like mine and blown when shooted and after interaction
-tank paradropping feature in skirmish, or may be other infantry (it's a possible in some singleplayer missions, but is scripted)
-spectator mode in offline skirmishes (on/off)
-changing default starting units in skirmishes (in rules.ini or somewhere)
-controlling screen shaking of destroying objects(mammoths,const yard, e.t.c), like Shaking=1,2,3 (levels)
-change offset for gunfires
-type and quantity of infantry after selling building (technicians, engineers, rifle infantry, e.t.c)
-showing enemy unit on map off/on trigger. like radar jammers - they not shown on enemy radar map.
-changing range of cloud for mgg
-and may be support features of 3.03+ iran patch :D

P.S. Sorry for my english.

[GUN]

Image=AGUN

Foundation=1,1

Foundation.Cell0=0,1

Foundation.Cell1=0,0

the image itself are centered and looking unusual (and part are blinking)

Umm... how do you expect it to work right if you define 2 cells when first saying it is a 1x1 building?

I saw the pictures posted earlier in the thread demonstrating the extended sidebar. Was that ever included in any of these releases?

I saw the pictures posted earlier in the thread demonstrating the extended sidebar. Was that ever included in any of these releases?

It's included with Arda. I studied how Arda's worked and made my own clean room implementation using Arda's tiling graphics files for my own patch.

First off, hello and thanks for all your work in bringing new life to a classic favorite of mine.

I recently bought the full C&C collection through the Origin client and have been playing through the early titles. I just found out about Arda through google, wondering if it was possible to play the original C&C or RA in higher resolutions, and looking for a fix for the ridiculous scrolling speed when running the games in windows 7. I downloaded the 'full' package from http://www.stuffhost.de/files/redalert/, as well as the 3.03 patch and VC++ runtimes listed on that website. I installed the 3.03 patch without any issues; the VC++ did not install, stating I had a newer version already installed (I figured that was probably acceptable). The Arda installer itself also ran through fine.

However, whenever I launch with the launcher.exe included with Arda, the game loads fine and will let me play at increased resolutions, but freezes after an indeterminate amount of time and must be closed via task manager. In addition, When I launch through the origin client now (effectively loading RA without the Arda launcher) the game does not crash, but I cannot see any build options, and the radar in the top left is a black square.

Note: I am only playing campaign maps; with the Arda launcher at 1024x768, it took me 3 attempts to complete the first mission without a freeze, and it froze shortly into the second mission.

I'd love to play these campaigns at higher resolutions, but am unable to do so without some help from the community. Hopefully you folks will have some advice. Thanks in advance.

Hey this is great, but the game freezes all 5-10 minutes (in most cases when the cursor gets over an object while scrolling, or short after loading a safegame).

I've some smaller bugs/problems.

- the screen instantly scrolls to the edge of the map (scroll spped options don't have an effect on this)

- when i start RA without arda, it tries to install some westwoods network components instead of starting the game.

Edited by Aasfresser

Have not scene this mentioned anywhere so... I installed Red Alert using FunkyFr3sh 3.00 installer and then did the patch, Installed ARDA and it would not start; got a ra95.dat System Error: The Program can't start because mpgdll.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I know the Arda version has not been updated since the 3.00 installer release so I assume the two are currently not compatible. Does anyone know if that issue is being worked on? For now I'll install Red Alert the way it says in the instructions.

Have not scene this mentioned anywhere so... I installed Red Alert using FunkyFr3sh 3.00 installer and then did the patch, Installed ARDA and it would not start; got a ra95.dat System Error: The Program can't start because mpgdll.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I know the Arda version has not been updated since the 3.00 installer release so I assume the two are currently not compatible. Does anyone know if that issue is being worked on? For now I'll install Red Alert the way it says in the instructions.

ah lol, i totally forgot about that file .. im gonna fix it asap, sorry for that

Edit: Fixed, just uploaded the new version

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

It works now, thanks!

Couple more questions: Does your installer install the same game version as 3.03-Iran? I am trying to get my head around all the various install methods and versions of the game currently avaliable. Good news is that Arda worked flawlessly for hours yesterday with heavy modification using your install program. The only 3 issues were: (1) that tons of CS-AM maps have dissappeared from multiplayer list. (2) All of the music tracks that are supposed to be on the list (single-multi) are not there, just a few random songs. Only the music I add with Arda shows up. I think its some weird compatability thing with 3.03p-Iran and Arda. (3) The Hi-Res is not working. Everything is set to 1024x768 and have tried a few options, I'll tinker more later with it.

Yes all the game packages are using irans patch these days :)

CS/AM maps: that might be cause arda doesnt support the files aftermath.MIX and counterstrike.MIX (support for these names was added in irans patch only) - you should be able to make these working by renaming them to something arda supports (try EXPAND11.MIX and EXPAND12.MIX)

Also, make sure aftermath/counterstrike is enabled :P I made a file with both of em enabled incase you dont wanna use registry keys http://www.mediafire.com/download/b67b79o3cytbuae/ra95-AM-CS_ARDA.zip

Music: i sadly got no idea how that is possible :(

High-res and other options: do not try to enable high-res in the RedAlertConfig.exe, this config tool will only work with irans patch :( arda got its own ini file called arda.ini, you can change the resolution by adding the right keys to this file:

Width=1024

Height=768

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

I got all recent issues fixed. Had a few Arda crashes since then but Alex is currently absent looks like. Anyone know the status/future of Arda? Although Ares seems like the priority.

I think this is pretty much dead. Hopefully AlexB will donate code to Iran. I don't blame him at all for focusing on Ares, but letting his work not go to waste would be nice.

Thats too bad. Yeah hopefully that will happen, the combining of those 2 projects has a lot of potential!