Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Games of 2018

Posted (edited)

I don't think there are lot of good games this year compared to last year and past years. While Indie games are still on the rise, many game franchises that I used to know of are appearing to be dying or dead. The reboots and revivals are limited, but throwbacks to originals are still possible. While many current AAA games are full of **** these years with all of those DRM, MP and micro-transactions, I have no interest following them especially with the most popular games of Fornite and PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds. Both Fornite and PUBG are pretty much the answer to Team Fortress 2... with a MOBA style with tons of weapons and vehicles and unrealistic graphics that ruin the look of the Unreal Engine 4. The user ratings for both of those popular games are failing. I wish Unreal Tournament 4 and Renegade-X have that "battle royale" style from Fornite/PUBG.

The only 2018 games I am looking forward to are BattleTech and Two Point Hospital. The one game that I can wait further for complete content is Forged Battalion.

The following games are worth checking out before purchasing:
Black Ops IV
Battlefield V
Far Cry 5
The Crew 2
Jurassic World Evolution
Ion Maiden
PC Building Simulator
Frostpunk

Edited by PurpleGaga27

I'm not even impressed by Forged Battalion. Unreal Tournament is one of the few titles I still enjoy.

36 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Unreal Tournament is one of the few titles I still enjoy.

Is it still being developed? Are there people playing it still, and does it have offline bot support? I ask because I'll get a compatible PC very soon, and this is one of the things I'd like to try.

2 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Is it still being developed? Are there people playing it still, and does it have offline bot support? I ask because I'll get a compatible PC very soon, and this is one of the things I'd like to try.

Yes, UT4 was on development since 2014 but it's now on hiatus since June 2017 as the only ten developers of that UT4 team are helping out the Fornite team.... only to have developed Battle Royale. And yes, UT4 does have offline bot support but lacks the commands telling the bots what to do. Last time I heard over three dozen Deathmatch and Capture the Flag maps developed by fans and developers are fully meshed.

It's just called "Unreal Tournament" now and it is available for free through the EPIC Games launcher.

BattleTech is now available for pre-order in GOG and Steam. Release date for this month of April has yet to be announced.

Really only care about Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 5. The rest just don't pique my interest.

Both BattleTech and Frostpunk will be releasing in four days.

Here's another game worth checking out, another simulation game similar to SimCity and Cities Skylines, this time in a frozen environment and the pastime:

I decided to scratch Black Ops IV from the list after finding out from the community event summit that the game will feature a battle royale mode instead of a SP campaign, and it can only be played thru Battle.net. There are heavily mixed and negative reactions to that.

EA's response to Activision's Black Ops IV with their Battlefield V game on the way may be featuring both the SP campaign(s) and a Battle Royale mode along with the normal MP features, but no zombie mode. Will find out soon on May 23rd.

Edited by PurpleGaga27