Sign in to follow this  
Worker

Question regarding various (?) C&C game timelines.

I think I've chosen the right forum in which to post this message, as I suspect the decisions made concerning the matter which I want to address were made back when Tiberian Sun and RA1 were released, if not beforehand.

First, what I do know:

1) Renegade takes place during the era of Tiberian Dawn. (There is or was a MOD that updated it to the Tiberian Sun era, and less relatedly, changed the setting to Red Alert's.)

2) Red Alert 1, 2, Yuri's Revenge and the upcoming Red Alert 3 take place in an alternate past/present to our own that diverged from what we know as history around 1930, with Albert Einstein developing and making use of a time machine rather than or in addition to his work regarding general relativity, and changing the balance of power amongst the world powers of the era.

3) Tiberian Dawn. Tiberian Sun, Renegade and Firestorm take place in a possible future 30-40 years from now.

My query is thus:

Is Red Alert's present the past of Tiberian Sun/Dawn; i.e., are the two games set in the same timeline at different points, or are the two completely separate entities/universes only associated with one another under the Command & Conquer game platform?

Please post me back if you can at all answer my questions. Thanks for your patience with me, and hopefully your responses.

-Worker

Red Alert takes place 1940's (I think)

Tiberian Dawn takes place 1990's, Renegade is simultaneous

Red Alert 2 takes place 2020ish

Tiberian Sun takes place sometime in the future.

Westwood always maintained that they were seperate, but EA have started mincing around and bluring it.

Noo... Red Alert 2 is set like in the 60s. Or something... Its all screwed up...

Tiberian Dawn took place in the present day (1995)

Red Alert took place in the early 60's

Red Alert 2 takes place in the era of about 1980

Tiberian Sun during 2030

Red Alert 3 will therefore take place in the Present day (2005) most likely.

The only game which is part of the Tiberian universe is RA1 which was a prequal to Tiberian Dawn to show how the world's timeline was different than ours and how Kane got the chance to realise his dream and rise to power the Brotherhood of Nod.

Red Alert 2 was on an alternate timeline. The Global Defence Initiative was founded in the late 1960's (Instead of what we know as NATO) to serve as the global protection faction. In the 80's President Bush Senior launched at variant of the SDI platform (Ion cannon) to counter the Brotherhood of Nod's terrorist activities at the time, knocking out some of their major installations to prevent their growing uprising. Which was what back in the late 60's appeared as a post World war 2 cult that rose from the ashes of the Russian and East European countries.

It is really impossible to blend the timelines since the Brotherhood of Nod was known in history from before Red Alert 2. They had considerable wealth and military power, as well as leadership in Global Markets around the world. And GDI was already strongly rooted into the role of being the only Armed force as all UN countries handed over their armed forces to the command of one supreme commander.

It's really quite simple actually.

Technically the story starts with Red Alert 1. If the Allies win that war, you get Red Alert 2, if the soviets win, you get C&C Tiberian Dawn. Tiberian Sun is the extend of Tiberian Dawn.

Generals was a sepperate storyline that has nothing to do with the previous games.

hopefully Red Alert 3 will rectify all the wrongs EA let loose on the C&C Series.

Noo... Red Alert 2 is set like in the 60s. Or something... Its all screwed up...
That's bizzare, Red Alert 2 has all futuristic technology and buildings - they didn't do a very good job of making the game environment consistent with the game storyline did they.

Well thats what happens when you have a sequel to a game which wasn't meant to have a sequel. :)

yupz but now EA is gonna make another one... hope they don't screw it up even more..

It's really quite simple actually.

Technically the story starts with Red Alert 1. If the Allies win that war, you get Red Alert 2, if the soviets win, you get C&C Tiberian Dawn. Tiberian Sun is the extend of Tiberian Dawn.

Generals was a sepperate storyline that has nothing to do with the previous games.

hopefully Red Alert 3 will rectify all the wrongs EA let loose on the C&C Series.

So something like this?

-------------------------We Are Here------------------>

|

| Allies Win

|

|----------RA2-------RA3(?)-------------------------->

|RA1

|-----------------TD-----------TS---------TT(?)------>

Soviets Win

(sorry to bring up this 5 month old topic)

You're all wrong in some way or another.

RA1-1950's (early)

RA2-diverged from RA1 to RA2 universe, 1960/70s

RA3-connects RA1 to TD, 1980s (possibly)

TD-1995

Ren-1995

TS-2029/30

FS-2030/31

TT-future beyond TS/FS

The Storyline

Yup, that’s a great read. Leaves out RA2 for the better as well. I just don’t like to think of the story of RA2 and YR being in the same timeline as RA, TD and TS. The whole Yuri thing for one is incredibly lame.

Guest MadBadger

as for the whole tec thing as Einstine killed hitlar goverments put money into stuff like the space program earlyer hense GPS in RA1 in the 1940's..... also i dont belive the american depresion occurs.... i maybe wrong.

For the 10th anniversary of C&C on cncz there are some interview whit the Pethrolyph (ex westwood) staff. They said all their games fit in a huge, single, storyline, yuri included 8)

I'd love to hear the storyline from them...

;)

For the 10th anniversary of C&C on cncz there are some interview whit the Pethrolyph (ex westwood) staff. They said all their games fit in a huge, single, storyline, yuri included 8)

I was going to mention that in our interview with Adam Isgreen he said all the C&C games (not including Gen/ZH) all tie in together.....

2) Do you favour the original C&C storyline or the Red Alert universe?

I love them both, but I love where we went with the RA universe slightly more. They (were) always planned to be one continuous universe! Someday maybe I'll have the gumption to explain how they tied back into each other. It was pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Yuri fit and everything!

I was thinking of e-mailing Adam Isgreen to see if he felt like explaining this storyline for us. But then I though that since most of the team at Petroglyph are still under NDA's it might not be a good idea.

edit: not sure why this posted here :?

admin can deleate it if yu wish

too bad htey cant ell us everything. yet.

so there is hope. even if its in a semi-intelligent shade of the color blue.

maybe they can write a book or something :D

too bad htey cant ell us everything. yet.

so there is hope. even if its in a semi-intelligent shade of the color blue.

maybe they can write a book or something :D

Yeah "CnC Saga" by Petrogliph Studios :D

A book huh.. Based on C&C... That would be cool...

A big series of books.. :D That would be cool... Then if they made a good enough one they might make it into a movie...

Now that would be cool. :D

indeed it would :D:D

i havent seen a good war movie since saving Private Ryan.....

Id love to see Red Alert :twisted::twisted: