Sign in to follow this  
[}Warbringer 9000{]

I just realized something...

you do know france is currently the worlds largest supplier of arms

That's just because they drop their arms and run screaming when challenged... thus "supplying" their challengers :P

But that is interesting- I didn't know that about France. What's your source? :?

You still prove my point BWare. That silly nationalism taken to the extreme drives others to similar feats, and thus WWII was born. I dont think its a message against Nationality, I think its a message against bigotry (after all, thats essentially what started the war). And while you may have been "messing with me" ( :roll: ) that littel rant against France further proves my point.

I still do not think that the message presented is against national pride (correct me if Im wrong) but the image you are presenting to me is that you think Neil Peart is saying something against national pride. I see that message as more of a warning, and a scolding of those who have taken it to the extremes (KKK, as an example). Silly barriers such as race, geography, language, even social barriers such as wealth and schooling are things that he speaks against here.

That silly nationalism taken to the extreme drives others to similar feats, and thus WWII was born.
:doh: There are so many things wrong with this statement... ugh. Nationalism was a component, sure, but to blame WWII on nationalism?? That's just silly!

I dont think its a message against Nationality, I think its a message against bigotry (after all, thats essentially what started the war).
Again, bigotry didn't start the war. Like all wars, there were many, many causes, the least of which was bigotry.

And while you may have been "messing with me" ( :roll: ) that littel rant against France further proves my point.
How does that stupid joke "prove your point?"

I still do not think that the message presented is against national pride (correct me if Im wrong) but the image you are presenting to me is that you think Neil Peart is saying something against national pride.
That's definitely the impression I get fromt he song, but I'll yield the point because you know more on the subject.

I see that message as more of a warning, and a scolding of those who have taken it to the extremes (KKK, as an example).
How on earth is the KKK an example of nationalism run amok? :? Also, who are these clowns to "scold" us on these issues? What credibility do they have? Just because they play good music....?

Silly barriers such as race, geography, language, even social barriers such as wealth and schooling are things that he speaks against here.
So did Marx. And he had more credibility! Speaking against these issues isn't exactly new or revolutionary... if anything, it's more of the same shortsighted, feel-good hippy nonsense.

I think you won. Perhaps different approahces yeild different views, but in the end, I realise you are correct about one thing (among others). What credibility do rockers have to tell us how to live?

[enlightening moment] ITs about the music. The rock, anyway [/enlightneingmoment]

That's just because they drop their arms and run screaming when challenged... thus "supplying" their challengers :P

But that is interesting- I didn't know that about France. What's your source? :?

College modern history teacher.

[enlightening moment] ITs about the music. The rock, anyway [/enlightneingmoment]

Agreed :wink:

See folks? Thats how a debat/argument is conducted. Stating points of view, not name calling and shouting.

Kids these days :P

See folks? Thats how a debat/argument is conducted. Stating points of view, not name calling and shouting.

Kids these days :P

Yup

like you never do that Cygnus..... :P

like you never do that Cygnus..... :P

meh got me there. But I'm nowhere near as bad as quite a few people here.

In Command & Conquer: Zero Hour, the US basic strategy follows the same principles as the strategy we used in Desert Storm, Shield, and Operation: Iraqi Freedom.

-Use a superior air force to demolish base defenses

except that the USAF+Navy did it far more effectively than anyone in generals I've ever seen (i.e. less losses, not as much ammo wasted, etc....) :wink:

Phhhft. Just look at the Generals and ZH campaigns if you want to see how the US did not do things for Desert Storm and Desert Sheild. 8)

I meant online, skirmish, etc...not perfectly sequeced clips :wink:

Online. Meh. If my comp worked well enough.

BUT not to slander Generals/ZH online. Its very fun, especially when you have a good comp :D