Luk3us

Now Playing - Games

Started playing Advance Wars DS again, trying to get them medals.

I finished playing Peggle and that is the shortest puzzle arcade game I ever played in just a few hours.

Picked up Borderlands again. The Knoxx DLC is still hilarious. Also been playing some Black Ops 2 multiplayer.

Tried to finish SC 2 campaigns, but my WD Caviar Blue HDD went bad sector, so i have to wait for replacement from their support staff... week or two without gaming :/

Ouch, gotta hate those pesky failing HDDs. :o

I got this free game as part of the 'games with gold' MP subscription plan for the xbone. I wasn't going to download it but my cousin raved about it. It's a platformer with so much visual delight, and apparently interesting puzzles in the later levels. I only played through 20mins of the first level. I really lovely experience simply oozing with charm.

^ first trailer does a better job showing the charm.

^ second trailer focuses on the puzzle and game mechanic.

In other news my optical drive in my xbone is failing so I sent it back in for a warranty repair before I don't have the chance. 2 weeks apparently...

Since my mom brought her iPad as GPS device when we went on holidays, I finished Plants vs Zombies 2 during the trip :D

Factorio

Its an early alpha/beta/delta/zulu game. :)

Since it finally dropped in price, I've been playing The Last of Us (PS3). Really enjoying it.

gaWZMHU.jpg

Oh and my xbone arrived at the center on Monday, it was fixed and shipped out Tuesday, on Wednesday I got my box and discovered... they just sent me a shiny new one. Nice and all... but now I have d/l all that stuff again... still it's nice to have it back.

I just made a few sims in the Sims 4 create a sim demo. :)

Playing Sims 4. :D

South Korea VPN FTW! Stupid New Zealand timed release.

Guest Rabbit

What's sims 4 like compared to sims 3? Anything better? Anything worse?

Its very smooth, the animations, moving around, interacting, pretty too. Multitasking is probably the biggest improvement, you can have proper group conversations with five or six sims whilst doing something else, parties actually seem like parties. Moods actually mean something this time around too.

The worst thing is there are load screens all over the place. They're short like, 5 to 10 seconds max, but still annoying. You can't just go next door and visit the neighbours without a load screen, I mean you can actually SEE their house next door, but nope, load screen. The world also feels very restrictive, in the Sims 3 you had an entire 'city' to play around in. In this you have a couple TINY neighbourhoods, which is disappointing.

Finally started playing Fallout 1 and 2 with some modifying tweaks. I didn't know there were still existing glitches in these games.

As for Battlefield 3, I still have yet to play it. I have barely downloaded it because the download size is too huge.... roughly about 20 GB. Battlefield 4 game time trial needs about 25 GB to download. Both of them I got were free via Origin.

I may be out from this forum for a while just to get this settled with and finish modding KW Reloaded.

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War with Winter Assault and Dark Crusade expansion packs after a very long time. :D

Hyped for the new Binding of Isaac Rebith

Alien isolation.

Just finished, I'm a survivor! :D

Been playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Its more of the same from Borderlands 2 but there many new gamplay features and some new elemental weapons. The gravity effects on the moon makes for some interesting gameplay actually.

8RhRtEu.jpg

Oh yeah, since the game was developed by 2K Australia its loaded with lots of Aussie culture references, jokes and accents.

Back to playing BF4 whilst waiting for Dragon Age III next month.

BTW... x-wing, tie-fighter KOTOR games now on GOG.com

HEADER-GOG-Release-1536x864.jpg

Currently playing Crusader No Remorse. Looks like most older EA games have clunky complex controls back then. It would have been a lot easier to play this game with a controller like the Xbox controller, but since it's a DOS game, EA liked to make DOS programs too complicated on controls. Most games today don't use complex keyboard controls like those.

Edited by zocom7

Hmmm. I found out that both Crusader No Remorse and No Regret are abandonware but I wonder why GOG.com and EA's Origin are still selling them on the market.

Well, the thing is, I managed to finish both of those games eventually and the sequel No Regret was much tougher and challenging than the original.

Edited by zocom7