Sign in to follow this  
Alphabear

Steve Irwin - You will be Missed

I think this was envitable really, the way he did what he did. Well least he died doing what he loved.

Rest in peace.

NNOOO!!!! You beat me to it! :evil: I get the next legend's death.

Now then...

We will all miss him, the crocodile hunter, Steve Irwin.

I for one will really miss him...

May he rest in peace...

Whoah! Man, I thought that was a joke at first!

A stingray barb pierced the guy's heart... man that's rough :(

A quote from earlier last week.

Time to give that pesky Austrailian what's coming to him! :haha:

CRIKEY2.jpg

Not something I'd normally post, but I almost choked on my breakfast when I saw this. Absolute classic! :wink:

Kinda makes the above post I put in pic of the day in bad taste. His death was an unfortunate accident. But I said from day 1 when I saw this guy that his work will kill him, and I was right.

He was a comedian in his own right, but also an intelligent bloke who did alot for communities, animals and everything else. Sorely missed.

I was never really interest in what he did or his shows on TV etc.... but damn really crap way to go out :shock:

Did anyone ever watch the Crocodile Hunter movie he made a few years ago?

Hope his last word was "Crikey!"

Guest Rabbit

They got the whole thing on video, it's a matter of time before they release it somehow onto the internet... you'll find out for yourself

God damn, I grew up watching that guy EVERY time he was on... I really miss that feller. :(

Guest Rabbit

Although he passed on, I think it's amazing how he managed to pull the barb out of his own body before dying.

They got the whole thing on video, it's a matter of time before they release it somehow onto the internet... you'll find out for yourself

Personally I'd rather not watch the poor man die. If the authorities who are in posession of this video are smart people they will do ther best to make sure that no one gets any chance of seeing it.

How do you think his family would feel knowing his exact moment of death was on every major TV network and all over the internet?

Guest Rabbit

Meh, neither would I, but you know they're going to release it at one point... I'm just hoping they destroy it before anything like that happens.

Guest Rabbit

Oh, and Tree, you got your wish...

My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me.

Although he passed on, I think it's amazing how he managed to pull the barb out of his own body before dying.

Thats what probably truly killed him. If he left it in.. It probably would of been slow or painful... Unless the stingray would of got it out.

Oh, and Tree, you got your wish...

My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me.

No one ever reported that he did. And even if he did, they wouldn't understand him. Hopefully he did. :(

It's a sad way to go - freakish too because stingray attacks are so uncommon.

What probably killed him wasn't the barb itself but it's poison. It was injected so close to the heart that it was only a matter of seconds, amazing that he managed to pull the barb out.

The authorities are going to / have released the parts of the tape up to where he pulls it out of himself. It is supposed to be on the news tonight... Personally, I'd rather not see it -> bad taste imo.

It absolutely was not the poison. It was the physical damage- the thing ripped a hole in the guy's heart! Sting ray venom is one of the worst things to get injected into you (it's happened to me while surfing out in southern California where they're a real problem), but it is not fatal. If he were stabbed anywhere else, he'd still be alive today.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, and, the fact that he yanked the barb out, instead of leaving it in, could have made it worse... in reality, if he would have left it plugged, there is a possibility, just so long as his heart didn't give up.

Nah, that thing did major damage. Even if it remained in his heart, he would have VERY quickly bled to death. That was a death blow no matter how you look at it. What a bizarre attack! It was a very strange way for him to go out....

Guest Rabbit

Well, I can definitely agree on that...

Just imagine a razor sharp barb, 10 inches long, being thrust into the soft muscle tissue of your heart, which is about the size of your fist. Now imagine how hard that heart works, pumping blood with incredible force through your whole body. The pressure behind those walls is intense... even if the barb remained in place, the beating heart would tear further, and the blood would pour out with incredible speed. The guy was screwed. :(

makes you think hard.....how ppl take things for granted.....how appreciation should be more common.......how your loved ones care for u..........so many thoughts...

what do you think was going threw his mind those last seconds.....what was HIS flash before death?

Guest Rabbit

"****, this hurts"

That is honestly probably it. He probably didn't know he was going to die.

This may be in bad taste, but who cares.

stevemantarv2.jpg