Sonic

The First Command & Conquer 4 Trailer Arrives

i have new info (actually image for you guys) :o

8187086.jpg

little unfocus and flashed but thanks Planet C&C.

and now lets make fan of the above picture: ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

1248282164_medium.jpg

Guest Stevie_K
1248282164_medium.jpg

Haha! yeah, it seems weird when seen from that perspective :)

Edited by Stevie_K

Well i heard they use ACTUAL P90's for the filming, so it would kinda suck if they dont rent them out now do they?

Wouldn't it be better if you could provide some links or proof to back up your claim? :huh:

Nice trailer, really spooky, it seems Kane just got mankind, Earth and GDI where he wants, I am still wondering if that's a real Tacitus saved by LEGION or he just made a fake one.

Wow, I go away for the weekend and come back to this? I'm pretty psyched for this game, if for nothing but to play as Nod one last time. I really liked the style of the trailer. I hope that all of the cutscenes are like that. >_>

Also, I agree with all of the above statements about Kane being a total badass.

Well here I am to weigh in on this trailer and to add my "poll" and "director cuts" comments as well.

Firstly I was surprised to actually catch this when it first appeared, I thought I would have to wait until Monday... my first reaction was OMG this is so cool.

I think this trailer is the best ever in terms of direction... nary a greenscreen in sight! Yah!

It had interesting camera work, superb & atmospheric lighting, and good extra casting & good scouting of locations. The B-Roll of the meeting room is as good as any tv show I've seen, much better than any computer game footage. I think the camera work can be summed up best by the still shot of Kanes Face and his eyes darting left and right in the youtube video placeholder... really interesting angles and camera movement that is not anchored/bolted to a stationary position. (Shame about the P-90's, but I didn't notice it until it was pointed out. No leftover props from C&C3???)

I would award this an 8/10, mainly for artistic direction. I would add a point if the plot hadn't been leaked before seeing it. This video highlights the charisma of Joe Kukan. And this video makes me wonder if they have same tv crew as previous games? I would add another half point if the fixed two continuity errors:- 1) Kane exits plane in rain, and enters corridor in his bone dry clothes - the plane should have gone down in a lift inside. 2) His Tacitus would not fit in his cloak without bulging his appearance - it needed a seperate messenger bag or futuristic anti-grav box to carry it in.

(BTW nothing is perfect, so another half a mark deducted.)

In terms of effect of the trailer I think the original teaser trailer for C&C3 "You can't kill the messiah" was better in terms of shear chills down my spine! But that has a lot to do with the wait between episodes. I do think this adequately sets up the new game.

It answers some questions, but of course raises more canon questions:-

The opening CGI shows the world as we understood the TibSun world should be, overrun by Tiberium. In C&C3, we did not see this in gameplay or CGI. And although the end of Kane's Wrath was a little frantic with the unstable tacitus, we didn't seem to have any issues with Tiberium itself. So why did it overrun the world to the extent shown in the opening CGI in the meantime?

And even as a prologue video, I would hope for some new flying vehicles. I was a little disappoint by that. (Of course Australia still flies the F-111 from the 60's - well they are retiring from active service in 2010! But a lot of people are upset with it - so it's not that unusual to use the same technology for a long time - it's a minor quibble.) Anyway the old orcas are used as visual clue that it's an event in "C&C4's" past, even though it's in our "C&C3/KW" future. It's easily forgiven.

(I read somewhere that C&C3 is a revision of C&C1, and C&C4 seems to be a revision of C&C2. I think that's a pretty apt statement... especially when both runs failed to deliver a 3rd game! I think a lot of my resistance to the current crawler/walker technology would be lessoned if it was implemented in C&C3 - because that, IMO, would be a natural progression of game mechanics from TibSun to C&C4... ie. MMK.II to Crawler. But this is getting me off-topic, especially because I prefer C&C3 to TibSun!)

I like the questions posed by the trailer when we focused on the 'why?' certain things happen... "Why did Kane ally with GDI?" "What's his angle, his end-game?" Remember he sacrified the brotherhood of Nod simply to detonate the T-Bomb, and was upset that his followers were attacking the Scrin...

I was going to add "Is that a real Tacitus?", because like everyone, I thought it was unstable. I though KW ended with a desperate, last-ditch effort to rescue the data before it exploded... and it was shoved into Legion! But I guessed based on the gameplay dynamics of C&C4 and the factor that Tiberium is under control... it must be real or at least a backup/burned copy!

I really, really liked this teaser for C&C4 - and I think it's cool that they are doing a director's cut. I just wonder what they are going to add...

1) Kane exits plane in rain, and enters corridor in his bone dry clothes - the plane should have gone down in a lift inside. 2) His Tacitus would not fit in his cloak without bulging his appearance - it needed a seperate messenger bag or futuristic anti-grav box to carry it in.

1) In the future, their coats don't absorb any moister, it all rolls off (or someone came out to the aircraft with an umbrella which we didn't see between scenes).

2) He had a magic pocket (actually I was kind of wondering how he held a large orb in his robe too, but it's possible we just never saw where it was really located on him).

Lol I saw that coming, I knew somebody... somebody... would start scartching his/her head wondering how Kane hid the tacitus in his cloak without the bulging or stuff. To me, I just couldn't care less.

He has large pockets ;o

14372967v4_350x350_Front.jpg

Kane must be a Wizard...

I won't be surprise if somebody would comment that its hologram, given that holograms are pretty normal stuff in that era.

I won't be surprise if somebody would comment that its hologram

You just did... so how could you be surprised by it? Sleeptyping?

Anyway, I don't think it is a hologram. It appears solid whenever it is shown, and in fictional stories, holograms usually flicker or look distorted (although that doesn't mean they are required to follow the trend).