Sonic

The First Command & Conquer 4 Trailer Arrives

Silverthorn, not trying to push your idea away or censoring your concept or silencing folks about negative stuff, I love the idea that EALA should have their own CGI room of sorts, but, its not feasible at this point of time. Perhaps its money issues, or simply some silly EA corporation policies and stuff which nobody would love to hear. The point is, yes, I like your idea about that, but we aren't the EA top guys, and hence for that we can't say much about CGI room for EALA. All we can do is just hope for it.

Johnnyxp64, you are free to voice out negative stuff in here, as long as it doesnt go out of control the same way some crazy EA forums mad bashing had back in the days.

No way the RNA could produce that, its graphics handler is as **** as the basic SAGE, just better shader handling and processing. maybe the SSSSSSSRNA....

And i love this trailer, feels so like a movie!

for some reason companies believe outsourcing is cheaper! are they crazy or what?

my pre-previous company that i was working as a software engineer did that and failed. we started a Online database to connect it with our windows software, but the bosses thought that the 2 months we were asking for completing this enormous project by only 2 people was too late and expensive!

and they found a guy in Russia outsource the project for 3times the many that will cost them our paychecks, and he did it in 30days.

but then they had no idea how to support it for later one usage, how to upgrade it and they asked us to do the dirty job along side with other stuf.

in the end what they outsources never was sold and all this time stress and money was for nothing.

i think companies do outsource when they dont have the right personel to do them selfs, or they think they dont have it! they could educate there personel and made them better and keep them cause this is investment to knowledge.

still giving for e.g 20.000$ for 6 small cinematics for one game, instead giving a normally monthly salary to few 2-4 animators and do dozens of CGI your self for ever, is the wrong way imho.

i agree outsourcing is a good fast solution but hell lot more expensive, usually not "flexible" to changes and costs in the final product quality.(see what happend with Kane's Wrath Expansion and Bugs that souldnt be there in the first place, and now how difficult to patch is)

i am telling this once again the Blizzard model is the way thinks to be done, nice and slowly, investing in the future.

but to get back to the topic, the trailer was nice i want more in tommorows BCPT, and not the exact same video cause it will be a huge disappointment! (10hours to go) that would be 05:00 here in Greece, oh well i can sleep a little later :P

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Funny to notice there wasn't much focus in the discussion about the Tacitus (in KW's ending Kane said it was highly unstable) in this 1st trailer thread.

Ok, about that, Mal. Maybe you're right, it was their boss who are controlling them, it is demanded but cannot be executed. :( Hate to disagree but you'll tell me it could be true. For the money part, it will take some time, if they want to go for their own CGI room, C&C4 would not be ready sooner and our trailer would be received a few months later instead, imagine that. So anyway, we can put this one to bed, for now.

For the Tacitus part, I thought it was already destroyed when LEGION extracts the content, LEGION did not destroy it, except GDI's meddling has caused it to be unstable beyond repair and it should be destroyed but was never been seen, all we got are Scrin pictures and then The End.

Edited by Silverthorn

Funny to notice there wasn't much focus in the discussion about the Tacitus (in KW's ending Kane said it was highly unstable) in this 1st trailer thread.

after 15 years he found a way and made it stable? maybe!

or as i think can time travel and he time traveled in the past found the Tacitus and decoded with the future's knowledge and Scrins knowledge and made it Stable!

what ever, i think i found a new name (trademark is mine now dont steal it ok :P ?)

Command & Conquer 4

Twilight Alliance

Edited by Johnnyxp64

It may look like Alliance, but it's best that we still use the "Tiberian Twilight" name. After all, if you look at Manchester, you see that it's even worse than a Red Zone, especially the entire crystal column becomes more like eating the apartment. So the Twilight time is way darker than the Sun (Tiberian Sun that is).

Alright the topic about "EALA CGI room" is closed.

I would very much like some conspiracy ideas on the tacitus, come on everyone!

Me thinks Kane and LEGION were able to replicate another copy of the tacitus, maybe the original one shown in KW was destroyed due to GDI's meddling and instability at the end, thus with another backup copy Kane could resume his next phase of his crazy plan, and use it to flash around the GDI folks in the trailer.

It may look like Alliance, but it's best that we still use the "Tiberian Twilight" name. After all, if you look at Manchester, you see that it's even worse than a Red Zone, especially the entire crystal column becomes more like eating the apartment. So the Twilight time is way darker than the Sun (Tiberian Sun that is).

hey i noticed in the other GT interview that Jow says, "this was actually a fans map idea" to have Kane interact and force an allience with the Gdi,

does anyone in here know what fan made campaign is that and who gave them the idea?(name) :unsure: :unsure:

It's the Gametrailers TV program which is now live on the site.

I came across this trailer purely by watching the Brutal Legend feature on the same GTTV show.

This isn't a complaint, but I wish to comment on the canon here. Why the hell would Kane go to GDI if the current state of the earth is the closest yet to the Utopia which he foresaw?

Sure Nod isn't exactly booming with resources after their defeat... but if such a fate to the earth is inevitable... why not wait until GDI simply die off?

I came across this trailer purely by watching the Brutal Legend feature on the same GTTV show.

This isn't a complaint, but I wish to comment on the canon here. Why the hell would Kane go to GDI if the current state of the earth is the closest yet to the Utopia which he foresaw?

Sure Nod isn't exactly booming with resources after their defeat... but if such a fate to the earth is inevitable... why not wait until GDI simply die off?

Me thinks its part of Kane's crazy plans.

Official reason: You want to know why, time to get ready to play C&C4 when it's out.

No way man, its definitely CGI effects.

Pretty interesting to see why these guns are used in such a year, pretty ironic given that TS GDI are using pulse rifles. But still, P90 FTW! Or... if they could fire similar pulse the same way stargate's anti-kull warrior disruptor P90s, that would be great and maintain continuity of the evolution of the weapons.

Indeed.Its a pretty adaptive weapon.While i personally would prefer a 2062 era weapon, it is still the best choise since it is one High-tech weapon looking weapon

after 15 years he found a way and made it stable? maybe!

or as i think can time travel and he time traveled in the past found the Tacitus and decoded with the future's knowledge and Scrins knowledge and made it Stable!

what ever, i think i found a new name (trademark is mine now dont steal it ok :P ?)

Command & Conquer 4

Twilight Alliance

Maybe the time traveling thing is right, maybe in the future on some weird timeline GDI or Scrin was winning horribly so Kane went back in time to start a better version of Nod (RA1) and he used his knowledge about the Scrin and Tacitus and used it to gain even more followers and in the end Nod had a better chance. Thus explaining his knowledge about nearly everything.

Though I doubt it >_<

Because they might improve their Sonic tech to suit these extreme needs. Plus, Cypher said that it's not about Tiberium after all. I think he just set Tiberium up to call the Scrin and be able to leave his earthly prison. Adam Isgreen said that this was one vague plot point that EA followed.

good teaser trailer.

few things i "didn't like/understand":

-GDI plane isn't new, its the same looking one from C&C3

-P90's are a little retro for 2062, but then again it could be just for close quarters as a pulse rifle may be too destructive inside a GDI building.

-Kane better stab GDI in the back as we all expect from him to do.

few things i did like:

-apocalyptic environment

-KANE

-GDI VIP meeting in a damaged building, as if they didn't have much choice

-good teaser...

i want to know more. are they getting ready for evac? does Kane have the solution? where are the scrin?

def a good teaser...its got me thinking...

Quite decent teaser. The CGI is great, and the little background music ringing in the background fits nicely.

On closer observation...

Oh yes P-90 Stargate standard issue guns now in C&C = FTW!

120pxp90.gif

Kane just looked so cool, so bad-ass. Love that trailer.

What they said

-GDI plane isn't new, its the same looking one from C&C3

That's because it's the prologue. It shows the state of the world before Kane and GDI form the Tiberium Control Network. It's that way to add some connection to CnC3, and that's a very good thing.

Oh, and terrific teaser. I just hope there will be more scenes like this in the final game. You know how it was with RA3...great intros, meh rest.

-P90's are a little retro for 2062, but then again it could be just for close quarters as a pulse rifle may be too destructive inside a GDI building.

Probably a cheaper prop... (Stargate is done using it :P )

well i just verified that there will be no new trailer in todays BCTV :(

but a lot of new info regarding the game from the interview......

i am a little disappointed.... i wanted more dark cape Kane, and crazy ingame cgi.... :no:

While I can't say I'm too happy about C&C4 (hence why I haven't really commented on a lot), I gotta say I like this trailer mainly for the fact that it doesn't reveal much at all, unlike what EA typically seems to do and reveal everything before the game is even out.

But EA still has time, they could end up revealing tons of stuff, I just hope they don't and stick to little teasers like this.

Guest Stevie_K

Yeah, BlackOut is right. It also makes the waiting time feel like less when you don't get reminded every day that there's months before it's out.

i agree i want small teasers and not a lot of info if the story is revealed there is no mystery and point to get the game....

i would love to see teasers just for preview and those should not be in the final game, because with ra3 we have seen all the cgi trailer and then there was only the boring (yet sexy sometimes) briefings to watch.

i prefer random fights everyday fights of the 4th Tiberian War no need to have a connection with the main story, and those little ingame cgi stories will keep up exited and not reveal campaign stuff.

like small sidewaystories....hmmm like maybe animatrix with few intependend stories that was all happening arround matrix main movie!

thats right small trailers with great battles between Nod and Gdi weapons and soldiers. :dance:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

While I can't say I'm too happy about C&C4 (hence why I haven't really commented on a lot), I gotta say I like this trailer mainly for the fact that it doesn't reveal much at all, unlike what EA typically seems to do and reveal everything before the game is even out.

But EA still has time, they could end up revealing tons of stuff, I just hope they don't and stick to little teasers like this.

Agreed. Except not being too happy with CnC4.

Probably a cheaper prop... (Stargate is done using it :P )

Well i heard they use ACTUAL P90's for the filming, so it would kinda suck if they dont rent them out now do they?