Sonic

New C&C 4 Concept Art

A few new Command & Conquer 4 concept art images have surfaced. Courtesy of Igromania magazine and CNCSeries.ru. Check out the images below.

thumb_concept8.jpg thumb_concept7.jpg thumb_concept5.jpg thumb_concept4.jpg

thumb_concept6.jpg

There are also 2 videos (in Russian) and some rather low quality screen shots that can be found here. Apparently one of these screen shots shows The Forgotten faction, complete with their own structures and small fires. And I've heard that EALA are not exactly happy that this picture found its way on the internet so early. Because of this fact I won't be showing the picture here on CNCNZ.com.

Light MG's look badass :P

and that nod lazer soldier looks... interesting...

I have no idea what the hell that medium blast thing is though... any guesses?

omg amazing their designs are!!! (sw) smile.gif

i specially love Condor, damn this is a fracking bad ass fighter straign out from gundam animes! Perfect shape perfect aerodynamics, perfect wings, so sci-fi but at the same time so damn realistic! AMASING! i really hope Condor will be controllable and not wasted in a stupid support supper fast power, like the sonic blue fighter in ra3.

concept8.jpg

Edited by Sonic

That condor looks very spiffy. ^_^

Condor looks transformerish or some jap anime (gundam, macross?) stuff in a way.

Was hoping the upgraded units could look visually more different than the original though. :mellow:

The second pic (after the unusually sleek GDI fighter-bomber): that must be one of the most awkward designs, I mean look at it! It's just an armored hovercar with a single biga** gun on it right side with no visible counterweight on the other side! It would likely flip over or at least move with an awkward tilt that would expose it's underside.

The second pic (after the unusually sleek GDI fighter-bomber): that must be one of the most awkward designs, I mean look at it! It's just an armored hovercar with a single biga** gun on it right side with no visible counterweight on the other side! It would likely flip over or at least move with an awkward tilt that would expose it's underside.

Yea that medium blast toy. Looks like a chiild toy with a big fat stick for crying out loud. Hope that it gets redesigned or something. Terrible boxy looking toy. :lol:

from the low quality videos that i have seen in that russian link, its very clear that the new updaed engine will inlcude a never before seen way of lighting in action,

laser beans will not just fire, but will glow and make it look really realistic, new shadows, more clean environments from lighting garbages, and generally the lighting will be Better and with less rendering demands!

there will be a gridy tone (just like the cinematic we saw), that will be applied, and lots of other stuff that i didnt get that will make cnc4 visual very improved than other cnc4 titles and games.

damn i wish we had some of those interview in English, why the hell did they had to voice over ........ :angry:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

You are right. I have to say that I like how most of the GDI units looks, but this hover-toy with oversized gun (and to make things worse, placement of gun on the vehicle is asymmetric) is ridiculous. Design wise, It's in par with some of Nod units, cartoony and "artistic". To support that large gun, vehicle have to be much larger and heavier and probably need to be tracked. Even C&C4 is a Sci-Fi RTS (RTT?), there is need to be some common sense and feasibility in unit design philosophy (as it westwood did, just look in some of their concepts), but it seems that common sense is not so common in EALA.

Edited by mirza044

They should have kept the name Mammoth for the Quadruppel walker, Like Mammoth MK III.Altough Mastodon sounds good, i find this name, tbh, more suiting for the crawler

Like when you click the crawler it says=Crawler type Mastodon

Well, as far now, i find the Unit design to be pretty epic.A far and FAR better improvment over C&C3. So i guess this C&C i will play for the units, and not the base building :(

Altough the whole Population cap thing is a bit hard to swallow.....

I really hope we can build as many Mastodons as we can :):) Imagine a whole pack of those, late game hohoho

edit=you know, i hope EA is willing to implent more mechs to the scene. The 4 traditional mechs, the Titan, wolverine, Mammoth and juggernaut, should defiantly be included.

But some more mechs types should be nice.

Like for instance, a small mech like the wolverine, armed with 2 grenade launchers(and maybe a light machine gun), for clearing structures and infantery.Or a large mech wich needs to be deployed, revealing a Heavy Anti-aircraft gun( like a Quadrupel Bofors 40MM cannon or something), or a Mech with medium armament(like a Titan cannon) wich can transport infantery slowly over the battlefield(Kinda like an AT-TE from the Republic army), in wich it has like a support role of the Mastodon.

EA has all the cards in the hands!Use them!You dissapointed me a bit with the whole revolution of C&C4, dont dissapoint me on the units!

Edited by ORCaLoVeR

I think everyone should calm down about this medium blast thing, at no point anywhere does it say that it's a vehical, i could just as easily be an upgrade for your crawler.

I think everyone should calm down about this medium blast thing, at no point anywhere does it say that it's a vehical, i could just as easily be an upgrade for your crawler.

If it's just an upgrade for my crawler, then why does it have those jet thruster thingies mounted on the underside. It shouldn't need them if it's just a turret for the crawler.

One question in mind, in C&C4 we have treaded Mammoth tank, we also have mammoth walkers (mastodon), so how different will their cost, firepower and armor be? If there's no much of a diff its kinda strange.

It probably has to do with the customization and different "subfactions" thing (offense, defense, support etc)

Edited by Inferno

It probably has to do with the customization and different "subfactions" thing (offense, defense, support etc)

We are aware of that obviously.

Hello??? Am I the only one who sees the KW GDI Shatterer as the inspiration for this "Medium Blast" unit???

g_shatterer.jpgthumb_concept7.jpg

Am I the only one who sees the KW GDI Shatterer as the inspiration for this "Medium Blast" unit???

Nah, just the only one that mentioned it.

Hello??? Am I the only one who sees the KW GDI Shatterer as the inspiration for this "Medium Blast" unit???

STill, the medium blast toy looks backward in design even if you compare with the shatterer.

I know that! But at least the Shatterer had a more stable base.

relax dudes its just some arts doesnt mean it will be exactly like that in the game, those arts may have been there long ago and the Kane's wrath "stole" some ideas.

dont worry now, worry when you will see the first 3d models coming on screen and look really ugly :P lol

but yet again remember with the ra3 apoc tank, EALA team understood that was ugly and our voice was heared and they remade it.

but for now lets relax a little bit we are not gonna tell them "how to do a game", they know, if they do some mistakes we are here to start a dialog with them, nice and easy no need to panic and loud, they have allready "marking" us in the latest BCPT for the loud reactions and "sexual" attacks some people do :P lol

lets show them we are cool fans we understand them we dont push them and we dont think we are all Einsteins besides them!

"now take that mf**beeeeeep*** :angry: stupid tank art out of my face :P "

:angel:

piece

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I did think that when I first the saw the concept art for that unit.

To add to that, the visual looks of the blast toy is so wrong.

Yeah there is something really odd looking about it. But we don't know what it does, or its capabilities. And its just concept art ;)

Yeah, that vehicle is really familiar. Does EA recycles old concept arts? I hate to insult, it's just it's very wrong reusing recycled arts unless there's a good reason why.

Yeah, that vehicle is really familiar. Does EA recycles old concept arts? I hate to insult, it's just it's very wrong reusing recycled arts unless there's a good reason why.

Familiar in terms of?