Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Destiny

Windows 8... Again

Windows 8 can easily run in a desktop environment. I know this because I've been testing Windows 8 periodically and it runs really well as a desktop PC. I just hope Microsoft does two versions of the OS: one for PCs, one for touchscreen-based technology.

It really seems there are a lot of skepticism going on even before Windows 8 is released. It does seem Windows seemed quite desperate in following the footsteps of Apple OS. Im not saying change is bad, I just hoping change can happen that improve and make userbility easier and better.

Apple-OSing on Non Apple? Go get Ubuntu and leave our Windows alone! :P

Well... let's wait for the final version, but i doubt that things will change there.

Edited by pichorra

I just hope that the final version will be easier and more user freidnly than the exisiting good Windows 7. If it turns out harder to use, I will stick to Windows 7 until the next OS comes out.

a1Dr9.png

In the mobile side, Microsoft has decided to released their new "Surface" tablet to compete with the already popular Apple's iPad.

Personally, I won't even bother with this. It always makes me wonder companies keep making bold claims such as the "iPhone killer" & "iPad killer"... how many of these such devices actually succeeded? All I see is small minor improvements over the existing Apple's devices. Of coz, Android fanboys would start going with their fanatic arguments and Apple fanboys will be doing their bias BS all over. These companies should stop with bold claims unless they really come out with something really revolutionary that changes the market.

Edited by Malevolence

When did I or anyone say words containing "failure", "fail"? You may use the search function to verify your searches. I know there's one member like to use such keywords but that's not me for sure.

When did I or anyone say words containing "failure", "fail"? You may use the search function to verify your searches. I know there's one member like to use such keywords but that's not me for sure.

Not much sense arguing with Apple fanatics. You'll get more logic and reasoning out of a Jehova witness.

• Upvote 1

Let's just hope the new interface will be better than Metro.

Windows Server 2012 got the same interface... seems a spend of resources... Even Server 2008 got most of vista-like visuals off. :P

I might pick up a Surface, though I'm definitely going to have to try it out beforehand.

A video review, in which, well, they aren't impressed...

I keep in contact with old Westwood developers don't you know... This amused me today *cough*

His cooler is a bit noisy :P

Really... As I said before, there is no reason anymore to bring versions for low-cost computer... They don't have a touchscreen!

I keep in contact with old Westwood developers don't you know... This amused me today *cough*

Pretty much like the Engines that they developed (buggy) :P

Edited by pichorra

Like Westwood developers have the right to trash anything. People get migraines digging through their stupidity.

• Downvote 2

Hipster. :P

Ha. now that is funny, i am still in 2 minds about this, i am keen for the Surface as the both the Samsung Slate 7 and the HP Slate 2 had promise but i thin Microsoft will show them how it is done, but i will buy both Microsoft's one and Sony's one. as i like their designs.

in regards to the layout. yest it looks like a dog, but hay i will judge that when i have to sell it. if i have to teach every cust on how to use the dam thing i will just create a video on how to use it. and give that to them to watch with every computer i sell. thanks for the training Microsoft you bunch of

Pretty soon, it's Microsoft's Surface vs. Apple's iPad. Some critics are saying that the Surface will pwn the iPad in years to come.

Ha. now that is funny, i am still in 2 minds about this, i am keen for the Surface as the both the Samsung Slate 7 and the HP Slate 2 had promise but i thin Microsoft will show them how it is done, but i will buy both Microsoft's one and Sony's one. as i like their designs.

in regards to the layout. yest it looks like a dog, but hay i will judge that when i have to sell it. if i have to teach every cust on how to use the dam thing i will just create a video on how to use it. and give that to them to watch with every computer i sell. thanks for the training Microsoft you bunch of

Who wants another BSOD in appresentation? :P

Edited by pichorra

I might pick up a Surface, though I'm definitely going to have to try it out beforehand.

A video review, in which, well, they aren't impressed...

Gosh... i always uninstall through Control Panel and it's obvious that i can easly find there (also!) Device Manager... this whole whine is just funny. They don't like that, this, and also this looks crappy, but system boots up in 2 seconds...

...and uses much less RAM memory than his predecessor.

Edited by Traymen

Gosh... i always uninstall through Control Panel and it's obvious that i can easly find there (also!) Device Manager... this whole whine is just funny. They don't like that, this, and also this looks crappy, but system boots up in 2 seconds...

...and uses much less RAM memory than his predecessor.

That video is pretty old. Also it was a notebook with SSD. I made Lubuntu boots up in about 10-15 seconds with my SATAI Hard Drive. I'm not impressed that Windows 8 can do it so fast in a SSD.

I really don't care about how fast the Windows Starts, Remember Millennium Edition? It boots faster than 95/98, but his kernel was a total fail.

Windows 8 is *NOT* for low-ends computers. Surface displays are expansive, and Windows 8 seems to only works propiertly with it.