Storage medium

favourite storage medium?  

10 members have voted

1. 1.

• CD-R/RW
    • DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW
    • USB memory Stick
    • External Hard Drive

I like external hard drives. I save them from old comps and they're more reliable than CD-R's and CD-RW's.

I have about 50 CDs with no labels. All with all sorts of things on them. I should really sort it all out but I can't be bothered. They're all mostly back ups and stuff.

When I'm bringing files to my course I stick em' on my 64mb memory stick.

I prefer my USB Memory Stcik its quick, fast, small and light. It only sucks with Win98 cus of drivers.

My ideal form of removable storage would be DVD-R or DVD-RW. Currently CD-R or CD-RW is my only form of removable storage. I'd be lost without my CD Burner ;)

I want to get a DVD Burner soon, they are getting cheaper and cheaper. I'm not sure what sort I need though.

I got a NEC DVD/RW. Can read and burn dvd's easy. Costed only 90 euro's

Almost all DVD burners on the market these days will burn a single sided dual-layer disc providing you actually have the discs and the software to support it....

my favorite stograge medium is not listed, Internal Hard Drives. i can hook them up so fast its not even a issue. Heck i have 4 drives just sitting in a box right now, and a new SATA drive waiting to be formatted and windows installed onto it.

Second are DVDs, i want to get a dual layer burner. But im going to get a x800xt PE and watercooling first. Oh and my windows install CD is on a DVD.

Currently CD-R or CD-RW is my only form of removable storage. I'd be lost without my CD Burner ;)

Me too, my little bro broke my USB stick 2 months ago. Now, I only have this CD Burner.

I want to get a DVD Burner soon, they are getting cheaper and cheaper. I'm not sure what sort I need though.

Hoho :D , me too. DVD is better than normal CD. Bigger size, but more expensive :(

Oh and my windows install CD is on a DVD.

As far as I know, Windows install CDs were never released on DVD. I smell a burned copy here.

Thats the beauty of OEM software these days, OEM really means Off Everyones Mate :lol:

Oh and my windows install CD is on a DVD.

As far as I know, Windows install CDs were never released on DVD. I smell a burned copy here.

You got busted Hans :lol: That's illegal, and that's a crime :twisted: , but I think Microsoft won't bother things like that. They won't come to your house and shot you, so just keep relax, hehe... :)

Hey did you guys here about the 20 biggest illegal music downloaders in Britian got busted. And they're throwing all through the courts? Something to be aware of....

Well, good thing I don't download much - and when someone tried to trace my IP it comes up with a fake one that I share with my entire exchange :)

lol, its not illegal. I have service Pack 2 Slipstreamed onto a DVD a long with all the programs i want auto installed. And then i have a CD with just SP2 slipstreamed onto it and utilities that i use to fix peoples computers (you never know when you may need to do a fresh isntall). And if you want to know what im talking about Slipstream and Unattended Install. I do everything myself no programs do it for me, i like to know how its done.

Oh and i don't download music any more.

I cary my USB stick around to copy stuff between computers. That happens when not all of them are connected by a network or the internet ;)

If just I still have my USB stick, things will be easier. I rather buy a new DVD-RW rom than usb stick.