comander starlin

Rivals isn't that bad

So i have play the game since beta and i have officially decided that the game isn't that bad.
There is some mad OP units, and i don't like the base rush mechanic, if it was more capture and hold points i would prefer that. as that is a better challenge as it is about timing and unit planing.
The lag in the game is nuts, there should be a thing in relation to players that lag the game. as it can be a bit of a nightmare with that.
i still have fun with it. but the thing that ruins the game is the Micro transatations as it does setup pay to win in a way!
but in all it is a fin little time waster. that can be fixed with a little bit of tweaking.

But why play that when you can play a real game?

• Upvote 1

In other news, getting shot in the foot isn't that bad.
While you're still in shock, you may not even notice the pain. Shock wears off eventually, and it will start hurting then, but there are always painkillers for that.
If the bullet misses your bones, it isn't even that major of a wound. You probably don't need to walk much anyway, and you can win all sorts of sympathy points during recovery. You might even get a wheelchair if you're lucky, and those can be pretty fun to scoot around in.
There are problems with having a bullet hole in your foot obviously, but the body heals naturally and a splint can help prevent accidentally reopening the wound.
But getting shot in the foot is definitely better than getting shot in the eye.

• Upvote 1

On 9/01/2019 at 1:42 PM, Nmenth said:

In other news, getting shot in the foot isn't that bad.
While you're still in shock, you may not even notice the pain. Shock wears off eventually, and it will start hurting then, but there are always painkillers for that.
If the bullet misses your bones, it isn't even that major of a wound. You probably don't need to walk much anyway, and you can win all sorts of sympathy points during recovery. You might even get a wheelchair if you're lucky, and those can be pretty fun to scoot around in.
There are problems with having a bullet hole in your foot obviously, but the body heals naturally and a splint can help prevent accidentally reopening the wound.
But getting shot in the foot is definitely better than getting shot in the eye.

Ok, that gave me a good smirk.

I get that a lot of regular C&C players don't really like Rivals. I reckon it has its faults (microtransactions making players get stuck in a league unless they pay more money to level up their stuff quickly, or simply grind a really really really long time) and that I would rather have picked a PC C&C game over Rivals any time...But sometimes I feel the hate is way too over-the-top. It is still a real game, it's just that unless you're at the top...It feels very simplistic for a strategy game (and maybe a bit boring to some).

I reckon it has its faults (microtransactions making players get stuck in a league unless they pay more money to level up their stuff quickly, or simply grind a really really really long time)

You don't understand the seriousness of the fault you've just mentioned if you think that the hate for it is way over-the-top. It comes to a moment that this fault you've just mentioned makes Rivals ends being a fun game to become simply a cash cow gamble.

Most of us want a fun game to start with.

Edited by Banshee
  • Upvote 1

Sorry but the remastered C&C games will STILL be better than this game. Strange now the average rating for this game in Google Play is a 4-star.

Rivals is just like Clash Royale, too dogmatic gameplay, and nerve-racking league system.

Also, its players like to rank down to zero, just for bullying the newcomers. 

And at last, it is a DOMINATION type of game, not a true RTS that I wanted for.

I liked this game when I just started playing it. However, my joy simply faded into thin air as the players which had an OP game units started to bully me. Well, the game mechanic sucks. Also, the dev team always changes the balance, like every single fucking MONTH!! The balance changes always requires to change your tactics like COMPLETELY. Now, I fell more peace by not playing this game. But, I do enjoy when I play it sometimes.

I hope that this game might be a test for the future C&C games on mobile as the smartphone has more usage nowadays.

On 9/01/2019 at 8:55 AM, comander starlin said:

still have fun with it. but the thing that ruins the game is the Micro transatations as it does setup pay to win in a way!

You mean micro transactions? Well, after they decided to give the monthly bonus, hosting tournament with the colossal (the biggest) chest and the people that says the chests are useless, micro-transaction in this game lost its significance. People buy diamonds only for getting gold and booster shit, but as the dev team just gives stacks of diamonds (every week), golds (by tournament), and boosters, I think that buying diamond is for fools (not to mention that you could exchange loads of diamonds for insufficient gold).